In the simplest of terms...

In the simplest of terms, can someone tell me why so many alt-right/Trump supporters/wannabe Neo-Nazis are also the most weebtastic people ever? Basically, why do so many 'rightists' love anime? What's the connection?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ycWoqDI3WeI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>connection
is imagined by OP

No, I've been seeing SO MANY anime fans call themselves 'alt-right' and such, associating themselves with Neo-Nazism while at the same time claiming to be weebs. Surely, you've seen it too.

Feelings of inadequacy.

because they love traditional gentle females, which is sadly exclusive to anime today.

My theory is they like anime for the misogyny. Anime is a wonderfully varied thing, but even I have to admit, nearly all of it is hugely misogynistic. Nazis like to think they deserve power over women, and anime feeds them that line. They don't even care that anime is full of Asian women, because nazis will totally fuck non-white women (or fap to them, more likely) as long as THEY are still the one with power in the relationship.

women (at least healthy ones) want power

That makes sense. It does seem pretty odd that a group of people who claim to be 'white supremacists' are SO OBSESSED with a non-white culture. Also a good note on that misogyny; I think it's the driving force behind the 'popularity' of that dragon-maid anime.

Care to explain why anime is misogynistic?

And please no arguments like" ugh for example in Naruto there are no good female characters "

If you hang around weebs all day (Sup Forums), you'll see many with differing opinions.

You then draw your own conclusions from imagined connections.

As one of those aspiring helicopter pilots in the pinochet regime I just have no fucking idea why my fellow far-righters love anime so much. ITS SO FUCKING DEGENERATE!!!
youtube.com/watch?v=ycWoqDI3WeI

I'm assuming this is because you're using Sup Forums as your only reference. It's not that weebs are alt-right, it's that Sup Forums is majority faggots trying to be politically edgy (in support of either candidate, I think they were both trash), and they're also majority weebs. If you went on tumblr and followed a bunch of fandom blogs, you'd probably be left wondering why so many weebs are aggressive sjw vegans.

Because they decided that being pathetic trash in one way wasn't enough, so they picked up another. It's like how the cancer of tumblr just stack on self-diagnosed mental illnesses. When one stops giving them attention they just add another for more shock value.

Because Japanese culture is pretty misogynistic. Not that ours isn't, of course, but theirs definitely is.

Or wait do you mean you want "proof" that anime is misogynistic? Naw, go find that yourself, my dude.

what is also little known, is the fact that we have a region in visual cortex in brain that overreacts exclusively on cartoons, drawings.

Whoops, I took you seriously for a moment there, but now you're samefagging, acting like anime is some misogynistic homebase for extreme alt-right assholes who rule the patriarchy that's taken over the western world.

Not the person you're replying to FYI

The portrayal is the most common form. If the female is not a main character, she is submissive and shown with absurd body proportions.

>samefagging
No.

Oh, my bad. Now that you've said "No" that awkward shit doesn't look fake at all.

I've had European friends who were so out of the loop they thought "MAGA" was an anime reference. Honestly there is an odd trend but I think it's just anime fans who support trump connecting two things they support/enjoy.

I think most people who like anime are center/left, but there's quite a lot of anime/trump/neo-nazi crossover on twitter, forums, and videogame communities. It does happen to be kind of an unexpected and curious thing.

I agree with your opinion but I'm kinda under the belief that if you want to make a claim it's up to you to hand out evidence/support.

It's your argument not theirs

commenting on a huge bait thread but whatever, the answer to the question is simple just because you enjoy one or a few aspects of a culture (and anime is a pretty damn minor aspect of asian culture) doesn't mean you want the people in your country that supports that culture as a whole.