Why do men have short hair and women long?

Why do men have short hair and women long?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SwqPHZT2i14
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Genetix

This is actually a good question
Maybe it was easier for men in battle to have shorter hair or something like that

Why do men have long hair and women short? Nigga, ain't errbody the same.

John Romero and Dave Mustaine agrees

culture

I think it says so in the bible

Dumbass

Another pointless thread by OP

it is the natural order

FAGGOT

youtube.com/watch?v=SwqPHZT2i14

There are actually no more men or women. We've fucked up and merged into some weird bullshit now.

I have shot hair on the sides so my headset fits on comfortably. (long on the top cus i dont want to look completely retarded)

Military wise, long hair and beards were magnetos to cramps, ticks, fleas, and any other disgusting insects and substances that could compromise a soldier's health, specially during the muddy battles from WW1. That's why short hair and shaved beards became standard in military forces.

Cause long hair is feminine and short masculine, are you that autistic OP? are you honestly retarded? why ask stupid shit? are you socially retarded?

Men have historically had their heads trimmed short for battle. This is to a. prevent the spreading of parasites, like fleas, and b. to keep the hair out of the way. This is often contrasted by men in power, who did not need to adhere to these regulations, since they were to posh to fight for their country. (that is, all the people was fighting wars for the vain rulers)

False

because men at some point in their life go bald, and bald(ing) looks even worse with long hair

and why so? You're the retard here.

Well it seems that you know then, so why the fuck bother answering you fucking retard? /b has been flooded by so many autistic newfags

WW1? This dates back to pre-roman times, don't be silly.

Oh look another one of them

Men wore short hair before the life expectancy turned baldness common. It's military custom, combined with hygiene.

Because men are told to feel like slaves or boys, because only slaves and boys have short hair.

Y u mad tho

Thank you for the add. I took the "modern concept" of military as a corporation, that's why I limited it to WW1.

I'm willing to bet you're the retard here considering your answer is:
>Just because
He wants to know why.

many men start to bald at age 20

>why is Sup Forums full of newfags?
>ever since I got here a month ago this place has gone to shit
>I bet I'm older than all of them!

Traditional male roles such as hunting, working the fields etc, made long hair impractical.

Traditional female roles meant they could afford to keep long hair to emphasize softness and feminity.

I'm speaking generally. As some cultures such as the vikings, long hair signified power. I forget if it was ancient Greece where it signified class.

But he responded saying what I claimed is false, so I'm assuming he knows the answer, do you have any common sense? so is it cool making threads asking shit like '' why am I so ugly?'' knowing it's genetics but just doing it for the fuck of it, then when someone gives you their opinion you go like ''false!''

Holy fuck someone's mad lol is it because you can't grow long hair?
There are plenty of modern day cultures and older cultures that believe longer hair and beard lengths represent maturity and wisdom. OPs question is legitimate, he is simply curious, no need to get butthurt

simple :
short hair is practical
long hair is ornemental

Oh so it all makes sense now, you're a faggot with long hair and you feel like a bitch so you feel like asking such a pathetic question over a simple thing that you're insecure about, ok kek it all makes sense now

>But he responded saying what I claimed is false, so I'm assuming he knows the answer, do you have any common sense? so is it cool making threads asking shit like '' why am I so ugly?'' knowing it's genetics but just doing it for the fuck of it, then when someone gives you their opinion you go like ''false!''
I think someone needs there safe space. I can barely understand how half of that has to do with what we're talking about.

At one point you could not cut your hair now you can

>TRIGGERED FOR SOME REASON

I think you just have autism or you're an uneducated nigger, you obviously don't understand english.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

kek

"You shall not round off the hair on your temples or mar the edges of your beard"
Leviticus 19:27

"They shall not shave their heads or let their locks grow long; they shall surely trim the hair of their heads"
Ezekiel 44:20

Samefag

Cultural differences and religious differences.

Biologically in the modern world hair has become less important and is merely a cosmetic issue. In the past it would have been vital for keeping warm. Nowadays not so much. It's why men are evolving to have less hair causing "male pattern baldness" and recessing hair to increase at rapid rates for both men and women. Nordic men despite living in colder nations are more prone than others.

Here's a Germanic Suebi warrior skull with the traditional Suebi knot for classic era northern hair styles. In the mediterranean shorter hair was preferred for civilized reasons and reducing temperature due to the climate.

I'm not OP, I'm a lurker laughing at how insecure and angry you are. No one owes you an explanation for anything, if you'd chill out and reassess the situation then you would come to the conclusion that you misinterpreted and way overprojected the other comment. It's ok to admit that you can be wrong, and I'm not saying you are, but there's nothing wrong with that. Take a chill pill

/thread

why woman have vagine and men have the dangly snake thing?

Always sort of assumed some richy riches and or the king could afford to shave erry day, and erry one wants to be like the king.
Agree with the whole life roles vs cleanliness thing, but with that said some peasant bitch with long hair that ain't bathed in a month probably smells worse than a shorter haired one.

So we can tell them apart

>you obviously don't understand english
And yet you misunderstood me.
I said:
>I can barely understand how half of that has to do with what we're talking about.
Not:
>I can barely understand half of that.

I think the tits and plump ass and the way we walk and talk makes it very obvious.

Short hair is easier to deal with

because long hair is a pain in the ass when you actually work for a living

But how was I wrong you dumb fuck? are you a fucking idiot?
> OP ASKS QUESTION ''WHY DO MEN HAVE SHORT HAIR AND WOMEN LONG HAIR?''
> ME : BECAUSE LONG HAIR IS CONSIDERED FEMININE AND SHORT HAIR MASCULINE
> OP : THAT'S FALSE!
:> ME : WELL IF THAT'S FALSE AND YOU KNOW THE TRUTH WHY THE FUCK BOTHER MAKING THIS STUPID PATHETIC THREAD/???
DOES GREENTEXT WORK FOR YOUR >AUTISM?

kek it's funny how you're too triggered to even green text right, but hey you do make sense.

Men should have long hair, as per the bible.

>those teeth
>that slashed indent along the jaw
>that rough cut around the nose indicating removal.

What a brutal fucking death.

>traditional female roles
nigga you know women been doing the same things as men up until suffrage and workers rights?

Are you retarded?

Lol way to be new here buddy
Is this the new form of trolling? It's boring and terrible and so are you
>mfw OP never said false

> suffers of several cases of autism

read a history book nigga, women have worked in mines alongside men, hunted alongside men, cottage workers for families, mothers strapping their kids to machines so they could work in factories ALL BEFORE WORKERS RIGHTS AND WOMEN'S SUFFRAGE

i'm not saying those things are bad things, but they definitely changed social roles, as did the first world war

Have you been to the east village lately?

I'm going to rape you

The answer is status. Long hair requires good hygiene and daily maintenance. It shows that even if you're not the prettiest girl around you're well off. It also tells a lot about your genes and health. If you got poor genes or seriously ill your hair will change a lot. You don't get to keep long hair if you work in the fields or if you have parasites.

Men on the otherhand relate themselves to somebody. They have to show their rank otherwise. They have to show that they're part of a group which is trusted and whom can protect the female.
ie. armed forces.
They also have to show their rank to other men inorder to discourage them from attempting anything. It also comes down to practicality.
Men have short hair to protect themselves from parasites and such, because they're involved in activities in which having a long hair isn't a pro. Even in warrior cultures where men have long hair something's done to the hair to prevent enemy from grabbing onto the hair, or the hair getting tangled onto something.

Because you touch yourself at night.

Your haircut is actually retarded.

I found the balding 20 year old.

Mmmmmm coww

>practicality
can't escape fast zombies if they can just reach out and grab ya damn weave

>Why is short hair masculine and long hair feminine?
>Cause long hair is feminine and short masculine

And you have the unmitigated fucking gall to call anyone else retarded, when your views are based off of this kind of circular logic. You're as bad as Bible-thumpers and their "The Bible is the word of God because the word of God says the Bible is the word of God because the..."

This show does picture a good accuracy in history, but they still need to fix a lot of shit, especially the hairstyles.

BRUH

google images of:
kings
knights
indians (American)
samurais
vikings

fuckin' WIZARDS
Isaac Newton

all manly male models

so this guy is right

And yes, I have long hair and I'm male, fug you

Some women working in mines along side men does not equate to women playing the same roles as men. I said, as you quoted me "traditional female roles". If you can provide figures showing that the number of women "traditionally" participating in mining and hunting was anywhere near or equal to the amount of men taking part... I'll accept your point.

But women are "traditionally" the weaker sex, physically and that is indisputable. I suppose it depends on what I mean by "traditionally" since the word just means longstanding.

But even a "history" book (which one are you referring to in particular)? Will show that male and females have always had distinct roles.

slider
fuck off nigger

28, but started balding at 17
plsnobully

If it makes you feel any better, my grandfather is 72 and still has a full head of black hair

Well argued.

ty

Because women did not fight as much as men in history. Long hair is a disadvantage so fighters cut it short.

I stopped caring tbh. Two years ago you would have triggered me worse than a tumblerina

Great grandfather died at 84 with hair too.

I myself life in Europe and in my country there has long hair guys even at pagan times. I myself have long hair because i play in a band. In country kinda people have never cared what other people do so long they dont cause harm to others. But one dark day the christianity came people started getting killed all time. Then one day the communists revolution came and everybody was killing somebody. Then we killed the communists in the war and later in camps. But now globalisms is here and i just looking what will happen. We still have freedom to do what we want but we will see.

what country?

Finland