ITT: Bands with great singles but albums that are only decent or bad

Bands like Matchbox Twenty or 3 Doors Down.

Well the song Starboy by the Weeknd is great, but the album Starboy is only fine

inb4 Pablo Honey

U2

>bands

Fuck off with this meme 80s U2 is great

yeah the singles were pretty great

Yes. The singles.

Animal collective

A handful of singles were good, yes. The albums, hell no.

Nobody would ever say that U2 made good albums.

You literally could not have picked a worse example. Blur has made seven consecutive classic albums. The only poor one is Leisure and even that isn't that bad.

Sorry but I disagree. This whole album is great.

But the best songs Blur ever made were album tracks. This is a Low, Sing, Caramel, Blue Jeans, etc.

That doesn't count. It's an Eno album with U2 as session musicians. Word on the street is he wrote most of the songs anyway. And even then it's loaded with filler.

Op is 12 confirmed

joshua tree is pretty good as an album, it just kind of blows its load too early with the god tier first three tracks so everything else seems lesser even though it's full of greatness

death grips

>joshua tree is pretty good as an album
no
> it just kind of blows its load too early with the god tier first three tracks so everything else seems lesser even though it's full of greatness
no. The first 3 tracks are decent mainstream pop rock singles, but the rest is boring as fuck bar one or two songs. 5/10 album at best.

Respect your elders then kiddo

Literally the best song on every Blur album is not a single:
Leisure: Sing
Modern Life is Rubbish: Advert
Parklife: This is a low
The Great Escape: He thought of Cars
S/T: Your so Great
13: Battle
Think Tank: Good Song (OK that was a single)
The Magic Whip: Ghost Ship

gorillaz

Besides Doggystyle

Obligatory

oi the entire Low-Life and Brotherhood album are great

>Modern Life is Rubbish: Advert
that's Oily Water, user.
>Parklife: This is a low
not only that's a single, but it's also wrong, the best song is Clover Over Dover

this is so weird earlier i thought about what Sup Forums would say about this

the weeknd is a piece of shit. rips off portishead, fucking trash.

>Let It Bleed
>Sticky Fingers
>Beggar's Banquet
>Good Albums

Pick 4.

I don't agree with this, but I've heard a lot of people say it

This

Every non-jazz artist pre-1964

This is a Low was not released as a commercial single from Parklife user.

is that a 6-string bass?

Yes
They were quite popular in post-punk/new wave bands, actually. The Cure used them a lot as well.

Is it used on the studio recording too? I always thought it was a guitar until i saw a live performance

Yeah, I think so
The thing with Peter Hook is that he had to play high on the bass when he first got his bass because his first amplifier was shite, so that became his style. Anything that sounds like a lead guitar on a New Order song is probably actually the bass. I'd assume the six stringer is just an extension of that.

I think the closest thing they have to a consistently good album is Modern Life is Rubbish, after that they have, as you said, great songs, but the albums are too long, and loaded with filler
The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby and Zooropa are pretty good albums.

I like New Order but this is sorta infuriating. All of the best songs from Movement were non-album singles, and even Power, Corruption & Lies could have been much better had Blue Monday and Thieves Like Us / Lonesome Tonight been included over some of the weaker songs. Even when they started putting singles on their albums, the 12" mix was almost always better than the album version.

agreed post-95. in '94 and '95 almost everything they released was classic

after that even the singles were lame

>Modern Life is Rubbish: Advert

FOOD PROCESSORS ARE GREAT

also it's blue jeans did you even listen past the first two songs

The fuck? No.

splain nibba