Found out my liver count (GGT) is at 304U/L. Normal range is 15-83U/L. I'm sure it's from drinking. can I just cut back...

Found out my liver count (GGT) is at 304U/L. Normal range is 15-83U/L. I'm sure it's from drinking. can I just cut back? How bad is this? I know you guys know more than any doctor.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbsnews.com/pictures/americas-20-drunkest-cities/21/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You should probably stop drinking alcohol.
Drink Cranberry juice(natural, non-gmo),
eat apples, cabbage, any fruits and vegetables.(Organic)
Drink mainly water also.

>implying non-GMO and organic foods are better for you.
I hope everyone you know and love die horribly.

Drink less alcohol, more water, eat frutis vegies and shit

why organic and nongmo?

> implying you know anything about agriculture
Do us all a favor and off yourself

The liver is one of the extremely few organs that can actually regenerate. So here is what you do - you need to take a temporary break from drinking alcohol.

Cut it all out for a time. Not even kidding. Getting your GGT back to normal is the first step, after that let it *sit there* for a year or two. Then, you can start drinking.

When you start drinking again one of two things needs to change: the amount you drink, or your weight. If you want to continue to drink the amount you enjoy now - which the doctor has shown you is too much for your liver to cope with, you need to increase your body mass. Get fat. The extra mass will dilute the alcohol further in your system, longer, before it reaches the liver. It turns a stream into a smaller stream that simply lasts longer - the liver can handle.

Or, you can simply drink a smaller amount than you do now. Up to you.

One last thing, as you grow older, your liver will slowly be less able to function as well as when you were younger. It's simply what happens to everyone, get over it. The big noticeable points are around 30, when you compare to being around 20, and then 50. After 50, every year its just less and less functional as your ass grows older.

So there's some basic advice, take it or leave it.

Invest in a water mineralization machine. Also take milk thistle

Kekekekekekekekekekekekekeke.
You ae the guy with lung cancer.
We are soooo sowwwy for yoo.

The liver is very good at repairing itself. You just have to stop drinking alcohol. But it may need to be for life. Check with your GP.

Liv52 the Indian version. But on ebay.

You are dumb as fuck. Jesus Christ...

I have liver pain and I am fatigued lately, not constant liver pain but when I bend down or run it hurts like achy especially after I drink.

I drank like everyday for 3 years probably about 10 shots a night. now I drink about 4-5 days a week but it's only about a 6 pack-ish. I am 22

how fucked am i

How fucked am i

If you continue to drink, you will die. No cutting back, no switching types of alcohol, just no alcohol whatsoever. There's no way around it. If you feel like you can't stop, then go to a meeting and talk to some people there.

stop drinking, idiot.

The liver has no nerves. It causes 0 pain.

stop drinking, eat better and take lots of vitamins C and E.

if not pretty sure next step is going to be liver failure.

Not true.

Also i'm not fat i'm 145lbs

Organic drinks/foods don't have poisonous chemicals added to them...hence the term organic..

It is...

Dude I am fat, 260lbs. I lift a lot of weights so I'm not a complete blob, built fair enough, but I am not that small.

Quit drinking for years? may as well lop my balls off.

I have cut back. I live in the drunkest city in the US cbsnews.com/pictures/americas-20-drunkest-cities/21/ and the problem is all everyone fucking does around here is drink. It's fucking St Patty day and I had to bullshit excuses to keep people from coming over to drink or to take me out tonight.

I have NAC and Milk Thistle. I was taking the shit regular but my side started to hurt? so I quit and my side quit hurting.

poisonous chemicals like what? I can wait for you to go to "imright.com" while you research your position, I have some time.

one test result is meaningless. I could drink a shot now and tomorrow my liver enzymes would be elevated like yours. Liver damage depends on how much you drink and for how long

late warning signs: turning yellow, having swollen legs or belly, seeing veins all over your body

earlier warning signs: low energy, feeling itchy, alcohol cravings

stop drinking, eat healthy and exercise.
it's simple, you just have to want to better yourself..

>non-gmo
Nice meme moron - did they teach you that on your colonic detox course?

I'm 22 and 140 lbs. I got sober last year. Trust me, you can and really should stop indefinitely. It never gets better, only worse.

no they have chemicals added just not patrolium based

Developing a fatty liver is not what this guy needs.

I'm 46. Still drink. I'm perfectly fine.

Could be your spleen, your appendix or your ovaries too

Dude I don't fucking care about any of that. All that shit you just said? That's *you're* life, and your shitty justifications for your shitty way of living it.

You're the one who has to look at his shitty mug in the mirror when you wake up with liver disease, not me.

herbicides and insecticides sprayed on plants.
do some research, or enjoy cancer causing foods.

I was sober for a year here in the UK and it was boring as fuck. Did feel pretty great though - shame I started drinking again.

GGT elevation means shit. Too much etiology.
Also chronic drinking is maesured with ASAT/ALAT, MCV or CDT

Idiot doesn't want to stop drinking, I'm just giving him some options taking that into account.

herbicides and insecticides sprayed on plants you retard.

I think it's my liver, it's always in the upper right under my ribcage, i can feel it when I push on it. I never got a ultrasound or enzyme test but the doctor said it didn't feel enlarged.

Also I have itchy and tiredness but it goes away with sleep sometimes
I'm a male and don't have ovaries i'm not fat

the scientific consensus is that gmo and non-organic foods are perfectly fine if you rinse them off.

Yes but your country, people, and culture are all shit, so you all drink yourself to death to escape it.

so rinse them off? you should be washing everything you eat before you eat it anyways.

Then you are probably not an alcoholic

You can only get sober if you want to get sober. Or, you go to jail or die.

You don't hear me arguing

Liver pain is felt in the stomach.

I just drink beer in the evenings. I have for over 25 years.

Good on ya lad, move to Canada, you'll be way happier.

they do that with organic farming too, usually more, and those herbicides and insecticides are just as dangerous even though they are from "natural" sources.

I am an agriculture pesticide application supervisor. You would not believe how much nasty chemicals are in your food. Everything... corn, wheat, apples, lettuce, avocados etc. all caked with pesticides, fungicides, rodenticides.

Certified Organic has pesticides too but they are naturally sourced and usually break down very quickly. Days instead of weeks or months, even years with traditional pesticides.

People who live within a few hundred yards of a corn field give birth to babies with statistically significantly lower IQs.

Would you believe I'm from Canada? I need to move back, just maybe not to NB. What province you in?

you have to stop drinking altogether or you will eventually die from this. 20 year alcoholic, I now smoke only weed and am 100% healthier....find a way.

Young, overweight male, who admits to chronic binge drinking - do you even talk to your fucking patients?

If you're in medicine, get out.

Me and my man in ON. Gay bliss, nigga.

You can't rinse off them because they are already inside the food.
You rinse them off with your tap water with fluoride, chlorine, lead, etc. too I bet...
Hilarious.

right, and there are dangerous pesticides applied to organic foods as well. there is no scientific justification to buy organic, just a lot of marketing.

It's called ALT & AST now.

I'm 37yrs old, married with 2 kids and a good job. If I didn't have shit going for me I'd just keep drinking, not give a fuck, and be posting on r9k.

Yes, I realize that Sup Forums is only 0.0003% better

>Gay bliss, nigga
Maybe you should also avoid rural NB. Congrats tho

Liver is very resilient. Stop drinking and let it heal.

>left-wing anti-science bullshitter detected.

Wrong.
Go eat Doritos and drink your Mountain Dew retard.

>closed minded atheist spotted

no, its not wrong. "natural" =/= safer automatically.

My ALT was 101U/L. Normal range goes from 12-64U/L

I can't see a reason why we would ever go that far east. I can't stand the "french" of Canada.

It's sad how most people don't understand how poisonous their food and water is.
That's America for you.
Depopulation.

That's not bad. It can be in the 1,000's....that's bad.

Only read the topic. Doesn't change the fact that isolated GGT elevation means shit.

organic means no pesticides or gmo or artificial fertilizer
but modern pesticides don't fuck with you at all so there's no real reason to buy organic besides preference

soon we'll have a larger variety of GMO crops and world hunger will be a memory

Old Quebec City is nice apart from the people. If I lived in Ont the only other place I'd go would be the Rockies.

Then why do most processed foods cause cancer?

Holy fuck, mine was like 44 and I drank 20 packs at a clip.

>just wash off the mutated dna
>just rinse off the systemic poisons concentrated inside every cell

(((Scientific consensus))) is for good goys

French fag, I thought it was already translated

Stop it with the knowing things - you're going to unbalance the shitposting

> I know you guys know more than any doctor.

This is why you're going to die.

Just stop drinking, you fuckwit. Your liver will actually recover if you give it the chance. It''s literally the most resilient organ in the body. You can come back from a 90% liver impairment if you just stop abusing the bloody thing.

your billy ruben is fucked

>organic means no pesticides
no it doesnt. it means no synthetic pesticides, only ones from natural sources, which often need to be used more than synthetic ones and can be just as dangerous, or even more dangerous than the synthetic ones used in conventional agriculture.

>mutated dna
lol

vegetables aren't necessarily processed and I don't think most of them do

nitrites and sulfates cause cancer but those are used to preserves meats so

>just as dangerous

No, they really are not. About half of OMRI pesticides are no more dangerous than dish soap. They also almost all biodegrade very quickly.

Processed foods are bad for you in general - that would include organic versions of things like bacon and sausages.

Yea, I've had elevated ALT/AST levels from drinking. That was years ago and I probably still do. Doctor said I need to cut back or I won't be able to ever drink anything. Stupid me never listened and I can't imagine things got any better.

what's a non-synthetic pesticide?

>the mutated dna

well you could buy organic because it's better for the environment -> less water used, less soil erosion, less fertilizer runoff

Get Vitamin B12 inyected or in pills, also there is this thing called cholal try to quit slowly or else you can go insane and die.
There is also Samyr but those pills make you dehydrated so try to get vitamin k with b12 inyected so it will help you desintoxicate your liver.
cut back if you drink an 18 pack drink a 16 pack for a few days, then go down to a 14 pack, just like that do lots of prayer because alcohol is really hard to quit.
Been on the ER for trying to go cold turkey about 9 times dont try benzos because it will be worse also before you go to bed drink 1 lt of water, and after a heavy before you go to sleep get a glass of water with lemon it burns the liver belly fat.
Dont drink water while been hangover for some reason you can die from this.

No doctor is gonna have your blood tested just to check your GGT level. That's preposterous

This.
Here's a picture of my cousin that dieded a few months ago. He was retarded tho. Lost a lung because contracted tuberculosis, had a stomach surgery, fat liver, etc. Yet he kept drinking (i guess he wanted to an hero ina very painful way)

Rotenone

Face the music. Stop drinking or die. Simple solution but hard to commit to

you have a fat liver, could be gastritis an ulcer, try to go to a sauna but make sure you are hidrated enough it will get all the toxins from your system.
God Bless You, it is gonna be hard to quit switch to weed if you feel like you still can.

Not an argument

>just as dangerous if not more dangerous
You are so wrong. This is my field of expertise. I know ALL of the pesticides used in organic and traditional agriculture. All of the groups. And I know almost everything abut them. I have almost every label memorized and have read the research on all of them. This is what I do for a living.

There is not one OMRI (organic) pesticide with a Danger or Poison label. There are many conventional pesticides with Danger and Poison labels.

Organic pesticides are'nt all "safe" but they are almost always safer and less toxic ghan conventional.

I imagine he meant pesticides.

I thought you were meant to lose your appetite for alcohol when liver disease started to kick in

something that occurs naturally and wasnt invented/engineered by people.

He did for me about 7 years ago on my first routine checkup and again the next visit. Both times were slightly elevated.

Almost all organic pesticides are non-synthetic. They may be created from bacterial fermentation, plant extracts or earth minerals for example.

I googled "HIGH GGT" and the results pretty much told me I was going to die. Fucking internet. I just need to go to Sup Forums for everything going forward.

I think it just makes it hit harder.

watch a fucking movie or a series, you know youre an alcoholic once you start and get over the withdrawls, but then start drinking again it is like triple the withdrawl, and if you start again you end up in the ER.