This is fucking great

This is fucking great.

Other urls found in this thread:

rollingstone.com/music/news/thurston-moore-explains-nixed-tel-aviv-gig-israel-boycott-20150626
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835625/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i agree user. but i tried to talk about it on mu last night and it triggered a bunch of plebs who have some personal vendetta against him

that was all one guy though
train wreck of a thread that was

is thurston one of the most talented musicians of all time? how is he still going?

okay i'll check it out

Will I like this if I think almost everything SY did after the 80s was forgettable

maybe. what do you like about their earlier stuff? this album puts more emphasis on longform compositions a-la glenn branca rather than sy's poppier song-oriented aproach

first track sounds like a track from daydream nation

because he le bullied Nardwuar x( everyone hates him on this board now

thats such a dumb reason to discount his music desu

source?

Exalted is my SOTY

i thought it was because he cheated on kim

Thurston " For The Blood Of The Jewish People" Moore.

either way, it's already been established that he's an asshole. i don't see how that makes his music any less good

>plays benefit for Planned Parenthood at the woman's march
>protests Radiohead playing Israel

is Thurston this big of a drip irl? He doesn't make the connection?

I'm trying to decide if this album (and by extension Thurston) is worth listening to.

explain this meme plz

>isThurston this big of a drip irl?

Um yeah. Thurston is on his 4th decade of public drippiness.

Thurston is a notorious Anti-Semite

rollingstone.com/music/news/thurston-moore-explains-nixed-tel-aviv-gig-israel-boycott-20150626

yet he supports Planned Parenthood and the Women's March.

really makes you think.

are there cassettes?

you pol crossposters always act like everything is perfectly black and white.
>if someone disagrees with one of my many personal beliefs, then they are the personal embodiment of everything i stand against
the more you you sort everybody into neat little imaginary factions, the further from reality you get.

nope get off your soapbox....what I'm saying is the people behind Israel are the same people behind Planned Parenthood.

Yep. No matter what you 'believe' it's contradictory.

>the people behind Israel are the same people behind Planned Parenthood
you mean jews? that's an extremely tenuous relationship. also, source that planned parenthood is an exclusively jewish organization?

Planned Parenthood mostly kills off black and Hispanic babies. White Abortions are actually pretty rare. There's no reason why Thurston wouldn't support it.

Why cant you motherfuckers separate art from artist
Fuck you Sup Forums

Sanger was a Jew yeah.

I'm a Jew, and I believe that the 'zionists' are the people behind PP

I always said lee was the real genius but i realize it was all of them who were gods

Thurston himself doesn't do that. What a truly retarded comment.

>Planned Parenthood mostly kills off black and Hispanic babies
planned parenthood doesnt kill anyone! if you're even going to consider it killing, it's the parents that kill the fetus by voluntarily going and getting an abortion. it's not like planned parenthood breaks into people's houses and punches pregnant ladies bellies.

and why do you think it's mostly black and hispanic babies? because minorities are less likely to be able to financially support their own children

Can we get back to moore discussion jesus christ

yeah pretty much. even kim was good with lyrics and visual imagery

We are talking about his album, not his leftist views

>not his leftist views
is protesting Israel really a leftist view?

Identity politics were a fucking mistake.

>Identity politics were a fucking mistake.
nope, I'm pretty sure they've worked like they were intended to.

>why do you think it's mostly black and hispanic babies?

Because they're dumb motherfuckers that don't use birth control

kek, go choke on a dick

Delete this shit

Why?

It's a fair discussion. Thurston has made his beliefs public.

>Because they're dumb motherfuckers that don't use birth control
what evidence is this founded on?
>inb4 i'm just making assumptions because i hate minorities

tepper

Why are all the SY members such SJW hacks?

fuck off already. if you're actually stupid enough to think your opinions on someone's political views has any bearing on their talent as musicians, then you should do society a favor and castrate yourself

please russia go home

testing: americuck

I've never understood this board's obsession with Nardwuar, he's fucking unbearable

>itt
i'm too stupid to understand music so i'm going to spout simplistic and ignorant political opinions instead

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2835625/

I actually like SY's music though

and 4 3 2 1 its playing

enjoyment interrupted by beery dorritos burp

fuck me whats this?
like metal monk bots clanging the hour of erupting god consciousness........

w-what?

did you guys ever notice than shaman rhymes with raman?

coincidence?

the greatest in the smallest
the smallest in the greatest

pretty sure steve is using his K custom dry ride....
fuck i love that sound

i'm afraid i don't follow you. although now i want some ramen

honestly - i had ramen for the first time EVER like 5 days ago......

did you get it from a restaurant? or was it the instant kind?

what did you think?

protip: The Restaurant serves you the instant kind too , just dressed up.

its complex bro

instant. instant love.

need to learn to make one from scratch......and need to hunt out someplace dope local

>protip: The Restaurant serves you the instant kind too , just dressed up.
idk i've been to some decently nice ramen shops and the stuff they serve seems nothing like the instant kind. i love both though desu

fuck off w/ your corny Ramen bullshit

The question remains....is Thurston a drippy burnout, or someone with integrity worth listening to?

why do you insist on calling his character into question? listen to the music and critically analyze it for yourself you pleb. this has nothing to do with whether or not he has integrity

I don't think he even wrote most of the lyrics on this album.

And don't get me wrong I admire his stance as Israel as much as I cringe at his support of the Women's March?

What's this dude's deal?

shaman/ramen is the new fire/desire, son.

get hip.

thurston is one of the few living cats left worth paying attention to.

cuing up track 2.....

Thurston has always been a bit of a huckster and a fence sitter. See selling out the principles of the scene he supposedly loves to take Geffen cash.

Really though, I think the brand of liberalism the old-guard indie rockers practiced is just badly outdated, and frankly makes little sense in today's world.

I'm getting into this album in a way I haven't with an SY-related project for at least a decade.

The songs are given plenty of room to breathe, the band chemistry is tight, and the hippy-dippy lyrics suit the mood well.

I think Moore's finally hit on a good recipe for his solo material here, and the musicians he's surrounded himself with really suit him. Looking forward to more of his stuff in this vein.

grab some space and survive ---- some shit he said, found in a xerox rag in some gallery in nyc oh.....maybe 2000ish.

just dont be israel doing it in Palestine.

It's a good reason to discount him as a human being, though. I think that's what most of Sup Forums is doing. Anyone who bullies Nuawar or anyone is pretty much a shitty person, but they could make beautiful music or have a nice sweaty warm vagina for someone to stick an erect penis in.

this album is perfectly consistent with all late SY and perfectly in accord with his solo work since psychic hearts - just better via time and use.

>I don't think he even wrote most of the lyrics on this album.
even if this was true i would't care. the guitar playing is the central feature of this album.

It's because he's just a genuinely goofy guy who initially comes off as an eccentric weirdo but he's actually a damn good professional and gives god tier interiviews.

You'd have to be a total immature brat/douche bag to hate nardwuar. Case it point is the two Henry Rollins interviews. In the first one Henry clearly hates him but once he grows up and mellows out he really likes him and apologizes.

Nuawuar is classic and is probably actually autistic or something. He's a wonderful crazy human being, and he can be annoying but it takes a lot more than that to make him seem unbearable.

even knowing who nardwhohar is a reason to discount you as a human being.

how is your moist vagina doing today?

It's true. Some poet named Radio Radieux wrote a lot of the lyrics.

He wasn't even that mean to him was he? It was mostly Lee who was a dick.

Nuadwar is better at interviewing musicians than most people. He brings up their deep past, shows them something worth caring about, and is intimate with them.

I can be intimate with your eye socket xD

shits 25 years ago.
how mature were you 25 years ago?
is it on video?
post it.

my eye hole virginity has already been despoiled by muchan.

did this thread just get raided by discordians or something?

> transgender poet Radio Radieux

yeah, I'm gonna pass.

whoops wrong image.

HEY YOU LIKE ANIME TOO!?!!!!!!?

on your grave bb

suddenly the women's march participation makes a lot more sense

DROPPED

>caring about lyric authorship
rockist / anti-intellectual as shit family

>rockist
do you just spit out meme words like they mean something?

>>caring about lyric authorship
nope. don't care about Robert Hunter... Have no interest in Durpston's tranny.

of course it makes sense.
you dont support radical freedom and equality?
xiu xiu's forget is pretty dope btw

lmao you guys are ridiculous. take this shit elsewhere because you obviously don't like music if you're going to nitpick insignificant bullshit like this that doesn't even have anything to do with music.

you're going to miss out on a lot in life if you actively avoid anything that doesn't fit into your narrow view of the way things should be. you'll live in an echo chamber for the rest of your life and never progress as a person.

>Really though, I think the brand of liberalism the old-guard indie rockers practiced is just badly outdated, and frankly makes little sense in today's world.
this....it's like the oppose central banking but buy into all the propaganda they put out.

'Liberals' like Thurston are fucking useless.

the confirmation bias is real

>you dont support radical freedom and equality?

dude I just don't give a fuck about the musings of a mentally ill 'poet

'do you just spurt out liberal arts memes?

america wants you to stop

>transexual = mentally ill
now we're getting somewhere

please stop posting.
i dont give a fuck about your mental illness either.

>I just don't give a fuck about the musings of a mentally ill 'poet
not saying i agree that transgenderism is a mental illness, but all of the best artists are mentally ill

It's on Capital and getting ton s of '''press'''

Don't trust it at all.

Prob more propaganda.

lol i thought thurston was one of the only real cats left