Does it hold up?

Does it hold up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1frO8JjX3do
salon.com/2015/07/22/10_seinfeld_episodes_that_are_racist_and_sexist_in_retrospect_partner/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

absolutely not. anything with a laugh track ages like shit

Yes BUT the final couple seasons are rough

Making my way through the box set w/ extras and commentary and stuff. 2-3 is brilliant, or at least my favorite. The final 2-3 seasons, despite occasional classic gags, and Frank Constanza, go really broad and lose a lot of what makes it great.

bane?!

You just described every sitcom

no.

JewComedies never do.

Yes, goat comedy

Yep. Still the highest a sitcom has achieved, and probably will for a long time.

Curb would like a word with you

Yes, there is nothing better in syndication or new.

Good show.

Those Hulu commercials where their whole life revolves around Seinfeld is cringy as fuck. Like they won't hang out with people who don't watch the show.

Way too offensive and politically incorrect for 2000 babbies.

I still watch some random episodes from time to time. It's the only sitcom I've ever truly enjoyed over time. I quite liked the last few seasons as well, although I'm aware thats a fairly unpopular opinion.

I watch it in 2016, and the jokes are still relevant. They never went out of their way to specify what year they where in, so you nearly forget that it was actually made ages ago.

I know I'm in the minority here, but holy shit, do I hate Seinfeld. One of my least favorite television shows ever created. I blame my feelings mostly on the characters, whom I despise, the story, that I find insufferable, and the god-awful bass riff and cringe-worthy stand up comedy that begins each episode.

Gives me a headache just thinking about it.

Oddly enough, though, I fucking love "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

>I watch it in 2016, and the jokes are still relevant. They never went out of their way to specify what year they where in, so you nearly forget that it was actually made ages ago.
many of the plot points aren't relevant or just wouldn't happen today
>commercials
it's a film

youtube.com/watch?v=1frO8JjX3do

>plot points

Well, I said jokes though, didn't I? The comedic side of it still holds up in my opinion. But yeah obviously a lot of the "story" isn't going to be relevant to this day and age. Larry David might be brilliant in his writing, but he can't predict the future.

I don't think you can put season 7 as low as 8 and 9, it was Larry's last season and he wanted to go out with a bang (killing Susan)

You're right, 7 is markedly better than 8-9

>wouldn't happen today
I don't know why people always say this, the show takes place in the 90s
>lol why don't they just call each others cell phones?
>they didn't have cell phones then
>oh okay
That's as simple as it needs to be

yes, at least if you're older than 18 or so. seinfeld and golden age simpsons are the greatest comedy shows.

Alright Sup Forums let's settle it once and for all. Who's hotter?
Early seasons Elaine

Or later seasons Elaine

early seasons by far

You might be a fag.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

early no question

>dat hair

salon.com/2015/07/22/10_seinfeld_episodes_that_are_racist_and_sexist_in_retrospect_partner/