Explain to me why this club is so mediocre, both now and historically. How is this even possible...

Explain to me why this club is so mediocre, both now and historically. How is this even possible? They're based in a German capital for fucks sake.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=floyBfyRzdQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they are not the only relevant club in Berlin
There are also Union and BFC Dynamo

Union are the real Berlin club desu

isn't hertha some sort of Greek? why do they have that weird name?

apparently some old norse variety of germanic fertility goddess nerthus

No. Hertha is a common female name of german origin.

The only successful capitals are Madrid and Amsterdam

Aren't teams from capitals in Europe generally speaking less successful

>Lisbon
>Paris
>London
>Glasgow
>Vienna
>Prague
>Stockholm
>Belgrad
>Rome
>Moscow

Try again.

big city -> more clubs -> fanbases split

and barcelona

>Barcelona
>capital

the moar you know

>autonomous community of Catalonia

wew

Berlin is due to several historical reasons (Berlin Wall etc.) a city that isn't that much interested in football. Also Hertha was mediocre for too long so they don't attract a larger fanbase even when they have a short winning streak, just like now.

Also this. The diversity of Berlin and what you can do here is overwhelming.

t. a Berliner

East Germany

>isn't that much interested in football
bullshit
12000 away fans dupported Union during the cup match gainst BVB

I was talking about Hertha. I'm from West Berlin so I don't know that much about the clubs from East Berlin to be honest.

The bigger mistake here OP is assuming that Germany is a one-city only country like the UK or France. Berlin isn't much in general.

>Rome
>successful

>belgrade and not zagreb
delet that

>Catalonia
>a country

>only countries have capitals

>muh special snowflake zones matter
protip they don't

when you have fans like these
youtube.com/watch?v=floyBfyRzdQ
you're destined to fail
>video is how schalke 04 fans look

Took belgrade only because of crvena zvezda. They're fucking based.

You now realize that Munich is also a capital.

>Maaskantje in background
>Berlin

yeah...no!

What part of Hertha are you lads from?

This is some really vague statement tho. Cities that tend to have more successful clubs are those that are actually economically and demographically relevant. Just because most capitals have both traits doesn't mean that absolutely every capital has those benefits and therefore, better clubs.

Some deutsch user told me back then that Berlin was only politically relevant, since the cultural, economic and industrial deutsch "capitals" are situated in places with more relevant teams.
Take for example Turkey. All their relevant clubs are based in Istanbul, and even tho most people think it's the actual capital, the real capital is Ankara

>Just because most capitals have both traits doesn't mean that absolutely every capital has those benefits and therefore, better clubs
Same reason everyone assumes Zurich is the capital of Switzerland.

It isn't?

Officially there is none, due to the federation of states structure of Switzerland, like America, with no equivalent to Washington DC. De Facto it's Bern, since that's where parliament is.

I know man, just wanted to play the ignorant big neighbor game. Sorry.

>Cities that tend to have more successful clubs are those that are actually economically and demographically relevant

All the good German clubs are in dilapidated post-industrial shitholes full of Turkish/Polish/Greek/Italian immigrants. (With the exception of Munich of course)
Berlin should be really good.

Literally all Western German cities are full of Turkish/Polish/Greek/Italian immigrants

this 2bh

There are basically 4 reasons to this

1. There is more than one relevant club in Berlin.
Every district has its own club basically.
A true fan of Union Berlin wouldn't be seen dead with a Hertha shirt for example, so that takes away from the potential fanbase Hertha could otherwise have had.

2. Up until 1990, there were two Berlins with each having had much smaller populations (and this also contributed to Reason 1)

3. Germany is a very decentralized country.
We're not like the UK or France, where everything relevant is in the capital.

Berlin is our political centre, but Frankfurt is our financial centre, Köln and Munich are our media centres, Hamburg is our export centre, Stuttgart is our technology centre and so on....

4. Hertha suffered under incredibly incompetent management for the last two decades or so (much like the city of Berlin in general)

When I was growing up, Berlin wasn't the capital of West Germany. I think it was Bonn.

>Rome
>London
>successful

pick one m8

>(With the exception of Munich of course)

well to be fair, the whole thing about "capital based teams should be better" is an statement mainly pointed toward national leagues rather than international success (it's pretty weird a team can achieve international success without achieving local success first), and the gap between is way larger nationally than internationally

what so unappealing about Eastern Germany for immigrants? neonazis?

It was, and still is, poor af compared to western Germany

That's certainly one reason, although they only really attack blacks and Muslims.

But the main reason is that it's just considerably poorer than Western Germany for obvious reasons.
Although cities like Dresden and Leipzig have quite pogressed over the last few years.

But yeah, Dresden at least is basically a right-wing stronghold, so at least non-whites aren't very much attracted to it....

All of this.
Good job, user.

I-is Brooks okay? He played like shit against Costa Rica.

Maybe it's the kraut in charge who fucked everyone over on the usmnt so Im willing to give Brooks a slight pass for that awful game

no worries, he has been one of the best defenders in the league this season
don't take cheap shots at klinsmann pls

Wrong.

Everyone knows it's Tennis Borussia Berlin.

but FC Viktoria Berlin won the german championship in 2007.

>BSC
>SC
>Soccer Club

Sport-Club

>""""german""" capital

>Lisbon
Tied with Oporto
>Paris
Behind Lyon and Marseille
>London
Behind Manchester and Liverpool
>Glasgow
>Vienna
>Prague
>Stockholm
>Belgrad
Irrelevant
>Rome
Behind Turin and Milan
>Moscow
Irrelevant

Glasgow isn't the capital of Scotland, Edinburgh is.

BFC Dynamo > Vorwärts > Union > Hertha > TeBe

Are there other 'relevant' German cities? Like are Weimar, Heidelberg and Ulm still intellectual centres?

What is your problem? The main issue is that Germany has besides Hertha (which was in the second division some time ago) doesn't have any club that could even compete for winning titles.

Your arguments suck.
>Lisbon
Tied with Oporto

Going by this not even Spain has a club becaise they're tied with Barcelona.

>Paris
Behind Lyon and Marseille

Since both are currently shit, what exactly do you take into your considerations? Historical success? Then I'd call St. Etien instead of Marseille.

>London
Behind Manchester and Liverpool
Same question. Chelsea has been more relevant than Liverpool for the last 20 years. That's for sure. Even Arsenal was much stronger team for some time.

>Rome
Behind Turin and Milan

It's not about some Olympiakos-tier domination. Both Rome clubs are far bigger players than Hertha on the international stage. Lazio was dven 3 times runner up in the coppaduting the last 6 years if I remember correctly.

my bad

a lot of research gets done in Darmstadt
they even found or invented one or more elements there or some shit like that

Weimar is small
Heidelberg is german capital of rugby (Rugby Bundesliga has five clubs from Heidelberg)
Ulm is small and got your moment when promoted to BL in 1999

Strange is cities like Bonn, Essen, Münster and Oldenburg haven't relevant clubs

>Essen
Rot-Weiss Essen
>Münster
Preußen Münster

Both Played in the Bundesliga at some point. I would say they are completly irrelevant

Funny thing to laugh your ass off, isn't it, Alois Drottelstädter? Well, I guess you heard the news that in munich elemenatry schools germans are minority?
So just in case you basement dwelling faggot didn't notice: Berlin is a libtard shithole and migrant ridden as well but it's still better than any bigger city in west germany.
I'm not laughing about this because I know very well that the recoil of your """superiority""" is hitting us soner or later too.

Needs
>BAK
>Tasmania
>Viktoria 89

Weimer is a meme that hasn't been really relevant since Götze.

Btw the "irrelevance" protected still german cities from cultural enrichment.

If it's about research than Greifswald is a really big one.

Yeah, but noone gives a shit about Rugby here. Unfortunatly though, because I watched a few games during the world championship and it's actually pretty fun.

Do you think Trondheim is the capital of Trondelag? And Bergen is the capital of Vestlandet?

since *Goethe

fucking autocorrect

kek

Berlin is only a political capital, it's not like London or Madrid

also it was split into two halves for 40 years you fucking imbecile

more like a 5 city only country

>Amsterdam : 1 pro club
>Rotterdam: 3 pro clubs

good posts

t. Berliner

On that, everyone knows Excelsior are the proper Rotterdam club. Great bunch of lads, really enjoyed my visit there.