What would you do to fix the X-Men movies if you were to start over?

What would you do to fix the X-Men movies if you were to start over?

Characters?
Story arcs?
Style?

Name it all.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg
youtube.com/watch?v=ec04Qw3pt7o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'd leave them as they are. They're hit or miss but never miss the mark as badly as DC films.

do a super prequel, where its the galactics and universals and all that jazz.

get rid of the fgt pedo director

Let Jubilee be an actual character.

make the professor not a bitch

Stop the hour of world and team building in each movie. We know who the fucking x-men are.

Stop pushing the fan fic tier backstories like weapon x and apocalypse we wuz kangs.

Take a cue from the cartoon and have the audience enter within an already occuring story arc. This way they could do something like age of apocalypse without a million compromises and tons of expository.

Far less Wolverine, Mystique and even (as much as I love Fassbender) Magneto.
It's just the same storyarcs over and over again.

Also make Beast his true form, it's been too long in his Nicolas Hoult form.

But honestly, I think it could've ended with Days of Future Past.

-Hire Zack Snyder
-Costumes EXACTLY like the comics.
-3 hour duration
-Do not focus on just Wolverine
-Use as little CGI as possible
-Takes place in the 80s just because
-Magneto is played by the marine dude from Avatar.
-Everyone in the team has their moment in the movie.
-Soundtrack by John Carpenter and Daft Punk.

Just imagine Watchmen+ 80s gritty vibe (think terminator 1).

As for the arc I havent read that many X-Men comic books but I would prefer something more grounded instead of fighting demi gods.

I would start the kino with this song:

youtube.com/watch?v=BJ7NVjZ-Eyg

A teenage girl with scales on her face running through a neon lit alley being chased by riot cops she is holding a sign that reads "Mutant= humans", out of the darkness a hand grabs her and teleports her, the cops just stand there watching surprised as the sign drops on a puddle.

The girl opens her eyes and she is inside a disco in the middle of the dance floor, she looks backs and we see Nightcrawler (Ryan Gosling) give a gentle smile and disappear in a cloud of black smoke.

The girl looks around and everyone is a mutant, she starts to dance and the camera pans out to reveal the crowd from above, the X-MEN logo appears on screen (exactly like OP's) and the kino starts.

Do a handful of 15 minute shorts to establish main characters, release them for free. Meanwhile, plan out a cohesive 3 movie story that all ties together, not the "hey we beat a bad guy now there's another bad guy now" that Brian 'boyfucker' Singer did.

>Colossus from Deadpool
>New Wolverine (thanks Hugh, you were perfect)
>Make Cyclops less of a bitch, but still a bitch
>Let Rouge be OP and fly and shit.
>Dark Phoenix Saga

I'd write an original storyline in a parallel universe with new characters

the other suggestions were retarded, but this would actually be quite good

>Do a handful of 15 minute shorts to establish main characters, release them for free
This sounds like a good idea, desu.

Just do an Exiles movie and cut most of the crap from the comic (I.E. some of the op villains they wrote themselves in a corner with) Blink as the main character would appeal to these fucks with all they fem shit they go on about. everything else keep. I would focus on the sabretooth arc and their rival weapon x team. people would be confused as fuck but thats the point. The one thing I cant stand about these new capeshit movies or any movies is they have to baby the audience with backstories many fans already now. I mean if i have to see peter parker get bit by that fucking spider one more time....

this

Fuck off.

gibe rigts bak to marbel

REMOVE CG

No!

more cute mutant waifus

I would change Rogue's outfit and find an actress who can wear it well.

At this point its boring to same team again and again so make a team with actors are can work eachother and have chemistry

Team idk would be

gambit
rogue
Iceman
Colossus
Teleport girl

Maybe add deadpool or not thats it . Storm as leader but not joning battle.

Prof x is dead

Magneto is frozen until later sequels

Mystique is dead

Wolverine is hiding or never met this team

Cyclops is kid

>Stop pushing the fan fic tier backstories like weapon x and apocalypse we wuz kangs.

Huh? I'm pretty sure those are canon.

Anyway, fire all the actors from the reboot. Bring back Sabertooth and Toad from the first movie, make it set in Savage Land with a bunch of dinosaurs and shit. No Stryker or Magneto crap.

X-Factor movie loosely based on post M-Day Quicksilver.

relevant
youtube.com/watch?v=ec04Qw3pt7o

> far less Wolverine
Exactly that. The movies aren't called 'Wolverine and his buddies.'

Well, it won't be removing the previous stuff like you want, but they heavily implied Mr. Sinister will be in the next one, and with Sinister comes the possibility of the savage lands. It's a long shot, but not outside of the realm of possibilities.

>possibility of the savage lands.

g-go on....

Mojo as the main villain acting meta as fuck and taking the piss of the old series and other cape movies
No Magneto
No Mystique
Wolverine is the badass loner, not the leader and main character

this

>-Magneto is played by the marine dude from Avatar.
>-Soundtrack by John Carpenter and Daft Punk.

so much fucking this mang

Ok pretending this was the early 2000's and none of the movies happened.
>Give Cyclops a Matrix coat, have dialog like "who are you supposed to be Neo?"
>get a black to play wolverine and give him big ass claws and he'll go "BItch I'm Wolverine!"
>Cable is definitly there
>Jean gray gets revealing outfit for the fanboys
>Seninels are robot spiders
>Magneto destroy the statue of Liberty and its shot exactly like 9/11
> Trask is a Michael moore style dude who sides with Magneto, because Cable works for George W.
>Nu metal and 00's pop soundtrack

>black wolverine gets his leather suit "good thing this aint no yellow spandex, cuz I dont want them thinkin I'm fruity or any thing like dat"

They already made that joke in the first movie.

Fucking rock on, brother.

Also, I want charming, swashbuckling, sexy Nightcrawler.

Make Negasonic Teenage Warhead the leader. Kill the fat blue blob.

Yeah but audiences would love it more if a sassy black guy said it! this picture needs to make money!

I dunno, the last black X-Men didn't last too long.