So yesterday was St. Patrick's Day...

So yesterday was St. Patrick's Day. The day millions of 5th and 6th generation Americans claims there is something Irish about them.

What's your opinion on that charade?

Wankers

Everyone is Irish on st pattys. /thread

I don't understand why every white person has a kilt in their basement.

Great excuse to have a hangover. Don't give a fuck what origin it derives from.

>What's your opinion on that charade?

am british but emigrated to canada in 2009

will never wrap my head around this "I'm a third Irish" / "I'm one quarter russian" / "I'm one sixteenth german" thing that north americans insist on

they've never been to any of these countries that they supposedly have their roots in, but i hear them all the time using their irish heritage as the reasoning for why they like guinness or whatever else

fucking bizarre behaviour

if you don't have your own culture/ history next best thing is to claim some one elses.

It's because their country has no history of its own, they've been around what 300 years and the rest of the world has been building culture for thousands

Any sort of patriotism or other affinity to any one country is simply retarded.

Especially when you consider it's fucking Ireland.

Thiiis and
This. Outstanding observations

And yet were still better than you fags

Only when the cunt. deserves patriotism.

it's weird, because a hundred years ago the irish were considered scum. do you remember that joke in "Blazing Saddles"?

"We'll let in the jews, the blacks, the chinese, BUT NO IRISH."

name one cunt that has NEVER done anything so shitful it'd make you want to nuke them.

Bless

I dont celebrate it, im not a potato. And green food coloring isn't healthy nor does putting it in cheap beer make it more appealing to consume.

They just use it as an excuse to get super wasted and act like the shit-tier garbage they are.

I swear every white person thinks they're "x times removed" from William fucking Wallace

No this is Patrick!

Welp saint patricks day is a catholic holiday you fucking ugly cunt. It celebrates the emergence of christianitiy to ireland. On this day all rules dealing with food and drink in the bible is revoked for the day. This is why so many people get drunk on this day.

Soooo, basically, unless youre a practicing christian. More specifically a catholic... youre just jumping on some cultural band wagon and creating a new idea of what this holiday actually is. In other terms youre a bunch of posers

Is maith liom uisce beatha and fuck the fada

Yanks always go on about their silly ancestry, while the rest of the world just views them as yanks. It's pretty pathetic imo.

Holy shit. Who fucking cares.
How is it affecting you?
Mothera Christ.

I think it's funny that foreigners simply do not get why a nation of immigrants would take pride in their individual heritage.

>take pride in their individual heritage
Taking pride in ones heritage is for uneducated plebs who have nothing to be proud of personally.

I'm proud to be a yank. Also nice to know where your relatives come from. All I know is my grandparents were 2nd generation Americans so they were more italian, slovak, and Ukrainian than american. But me? Yeah, I'm american as it gets and don't actually think I'm any of those cultures. Just a yank.

As an American can confirm that nothing drives me up a fucking wall more than when some random white idiot comes out like "YEAH IM LIKE 1/10th CHEROKEE INDIAN AND 1/3 SPANISH AND 3/8 ITALIAN!!"

Like no, faggot. At best, you can take the nationalities/ethnicities of your four grandparents and divide that shit into quarters. If the waters around your family tree are so muddied that you can't easily divide your family's heritage within the past like 8-10 generations into 4 or fewer nationalities/ethnicities, you're a mutt. At that point you just take the nationalities of your grandparents at best, and roll with that. Failing that, you're AMERICAN. End of story.

There exists nobody in America or the world at large that gives a single flying fuck what minuscule percentage of "you" is whatever country. Save that shit for your blog so that your mom can read it or something.

No fucks given, unless you are one of those people who wear an Irish flag as a cape and a Irish flag colored cat in the hat hat to the bars. Then you are a fag

Lol do you have a specific set of your personality reserved for pride bud? I'm proud of a lot of things, one of those things is my heritage. Also in case you foreigners were wondering, all Americans have to do the biggest project of their middle/high school career on their immigrant history when they're 14. It's a big deal here.

>There exists nobody in America or the world at large that gives a single flying fuck what minuscule percentage of "you" is whatever country
lmao yes exactly, if someone tells me their great great grandfather was English I'm hardly going to suddenly think we're relatives and best friends

>I'm proud to be a yank.
Still silly imo, but at least it's somewhat better than being proud of something you're not. Patriotism is for faggots tbqh.

This. People who give so many fucks about their heritage to the point where they've autistically divided themselves into percentages in the single digits of whatever fucking nationality probably haven't accomplished shit for themselves.

Theres lots of americans who want a united ireland despite the population of NI not wanting it.

Also they supported the IRA terrorism against the UK. Fuck those guys.

Mocking patriotism is for people who have a shitty homeland. I love the people, history and culture of my land and I will never be ashamed of that.

There is nothing wrong with celebrating part of your ancestry or heritage.

Anyone who has a problem with that either has entirely too little to worry about in their life, is a completely miserable cunt, or just a retarded faggot.

I'm going to hazard a guess that you're from some European country. In that case, a bunch of faggots are the ones picking up your country's slack in NATO so that you can afford the social programs you guys brag so much about.

What's that make you if your country needs the protection of faggots? Rent boys?

spotted the commie cuck

>a specific set of your personality reserved for pride bud? I'm proud of a lot of things, one of those things is my heritage.
Your heritage has nothing to do with your personality, bud. How can anyone be proud of being born in a certain place? It's beyond me, you had absolutely nothing to do with it. It's typical yank shit to be 'proud of muh cuntry'.

Serfs would be my word of choice. Maybe puppet states.

So basically your heritage is being slav trash

noted

Kek, butthurt yanks spotted. See the difference between you homotional plebs and me is that I don't give a fuck when you insult """my""" country. It's just a piece of land I happen to live. I'm proud of things I did, not of a place my house happens to be. Stay pathetic americucks.

You know how you can be proud of the accomplishments of family members? Same thing essentially. Pride isn't restricted to things that only you yourself have accomplished, funny that you can't grasp that.

>has absolutely nothing to be proud of in regards to the society that he lives in and contributes to for every single working day of this life
>calls other people pathetic

Lol

I'm in the US and have a bit of Irish in me...but I have cousins I know in Derry and some of my family is from Scotland McIness

>proud of the things I did
>taking muhammad's big brown dick after he breeds my wife
you euroshits really are a waste

Tardfest amateur night.

I am proud for contributing, since that's what I actually do myself. Being proud of a country is retarded lad. I know the propaganda tells you otherwise.

my dad was adopted and doesnt know his parents so ill never know

feelsbadman

At best I consider myself 1/4 of what my grandparents were. I'm still all american first and foremost. At best I Root for daygo juvenile Italy's national team once America is out of the world cup.

And yeah our big cultural heritage project is kinda a big deal here so you can't really escape knowing. Enough generations have been born here to have our own culture and consider yourself american rather than x,y,z living in america. It used to be more important to our grandparents bc they knew the people that actually immigrated.

kek, always funny to see americans try to insult europeans. Petty things like that don't bother me sonny. Feel free to try harder.

>i don't mentally understaaaand stop it you guuuys

White people are the only ones criticized for recognizing their diaspora and you cucked brainwashed faggots aren't helping

...Yeah, and by extension your contributions to the society improve the country thereby making it better. A nation is made up of the individual contributions of its people, the country you're in is as much a product of what you do or don't do as anybody else.

You're either proud of what you and your countrymen have accomplished or you're not. And it looks like you're not. Sounds like you have work to do.

You forgot to tip your fedora.

Do you understand the concept of a team? The concept of a group of people working together for a common goal of improvement and success? That's what a country is, with the added bonus, "(n my case, not yours clearly) of sharing a beautiful and breathtaking natural landscape.

The difference between me and you is that I like my team and the land we share. I'm proud of our accomplishments and our history, and I work every day with some happiness deriving from the fact that I contribute to its success.

In America our propaganda these days is largely anti-american and humanist, it's not what makes me proud. I'm sorry that you can't possibly imagine pride being organic in this context.

>Pride isn't restricted to things that only you yourself have accomplished

It is for normal humans. I bet you're one of those people who is 'proud of muh city' if a local team wins some sports event too. Doesn't get more pathetic than that kiddo.

When are you yuropoors going to get over that? It's such a cliched argument at this point.

I kinda look at it as appreciating and recognizing our comrades that share a history with this country just like when i wish a merry Christmas to my religious friends and so on. Personally i have a shitload of (3/4) irish heritage and phisically i look like im straight out of boston or some shit. But culturally im American and i dont pretend to be anything else but that.
St pattys day is fun and its a way to show some appreciation to a proud people who have been treated quite poorly yet stil helped make this country what it is. Its not like we are setting aside a whole month like we do for the blacks.

Yep we are. It's all good though bc this slav trash fucked a Norwegian chick last night. So ya know it's all gravy. Have fun ranking it you pussy

LOL.
>I breathe air therefor I'm proud of evolution.
Yeah no, you're making up things in order to soundless retarded, ironically making you sound more retarded.

Canada has no history? Wow I thought you gigantic faggots only hated people from the u.s.

i celebrated by wearing my irish tuxedo (t shirt) then giving my wife a pair of irish sunglasses (double black eyes) then i took all her shit and put it in some irish luggage (trashbags) then threw her out

Canada has no more history than the US, give or take a couple hundred years. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't compare to the thousands of years of history most European countries have.

Lol fuckstick you don't even know the dictionary definition of pride. You can be proud of someone else or a group you belong to, it's a very common thing. When my sister gets a good job, I'm proud of her. I'm also proud of my beautiful and interesting nation. You have nothing to be proud of and are rationalizing why you don't.

Ooooh this is why people get mad. They want it to be "pure". Getting mad at someone saying their Irish triggers you because you want to be discriminatory and call them "mutts". Hilarious.

>our accomplishments and our history
kek, typical yankfeels. You don't and didn;t have anything to do with it lad. Take credit all you want, I know it's common among yanks, you're still retarded for doing so.

Get a job, do some charity work, do something yourself instead of being proud of things other people long before you were even born did.

And that history doesn't make any one country better. Is that really all you can gloat about? How sad.

I'm 100% American and well aware of that fact. My lineage is 50% British, 33% Italian, and a bunch of little things like Spanish, Arab, Scandinavian, etc.

We aren't going to ignore our lineage because a bunch of European manlets on the other side of the ocean who are currently committing willful genocide against themselves whine and cry about the nationality they obviously couldn't care less about on the fucking Internet.

You asked a question, I answered it. Don't put words in my mouth.

I do have a job, was just telling you about how it gives me extra pride in my job to contribute to the nation that I love. I feel bad for you honestly.

>it's a very common thing
for yanks

>You have nothing to be proud of
I have plenty to be proud of, which is exactly why I'm not proud of the country I live in, again, since I had nothing to do with being born here. It's a difficult concept for you, I understand. I guess even worthless basement dwellers like yourself need some pride in their life, so they turn to their country... Makes sense in a way. Still pretty sad though.

I was talking about the US but since you mention it, yes Canada is also a new country

>I feel bad for you honestly.
Likewise. To even love a nation is a sign of severe retardation if you ask me, but hey, by all means, keep waving that flag lad, I know it makes you feel special.

You sound like a communist

> thinking anyone cares about a beady eyed inbreds opinion

I mean we let brown people get away with it? I used to think about it the way you guys do but then i made some friends, got laid, and graduated...now its all good and i dont let stupid shit bother me.

>cares so much about my opinion that he replies to tell me how little he cares
stay mad pleb

It is a common thing for Americans, which makes it even more retarded that you assume I have nothing else to be proud of besides my country.

It really is just a dead ringer that you have nothing to be proud of in regards to the society that you will spend most of your life living in and contributing to. Now that is fucking sad.

You clearly don't know the definition of that word.

>it's a eurotrash cannot understand why people would be proud of their country episode

I find it fascinating just how mad this makes you people. Really reeks of jealousy.

>It is a common thing for Americans, which makes it even more retarded that you assume I have nothing else to be proud of besides my country.
The only reason to be proud of a country is lack of pride in personal achievements. So yes, obviously I assume ameritards have nothing else to be proud of, they spend all day waving their flag yelling wooooo.

>It really is just a dead ringer
kek ok matey, stay projecting. USA! USA! USA!

>we're a team my country is a team we all work together in bliss to make the great machine work
Communist

Im 3rd gen irish canadian
I think its completely a ok
Unless its an excuse to be retarded

The only ones mad ITT are americucks defending the only thing they have to be proud of lad. Reeks of incompetence.

Ill gladly support any holiday as long as it isnt British it makes sense that America supports irish heritage because America is made of people the Brits have fucked and we all put them in their place. Almost everyone that immigrated to America was impressed with the revolution and came over here, worked their ass off and made this place the best there is.

My opinion; it's not just 'millions of 5/6th gen Americans' its the entirety of America. Because they are so painfully lacking any history over 200 years, they constantly try to foster it or pretend that their heritage goes back further than it does. The rest of the world is a lot less rabid about their genealogy, and I think. it's because of that.
So, in terms of 'what we think about this charade' - it's not a single charade imo, it's hundreds upon hundreds of day parades, history months, and undeserved reverence for historic figures just because of their history

>The only reason to be proud of a country is lack of pride in personal achievements

This is utter nonsense based on arbitrary rules about pride that you've made up. I'm proud of nearly everything about myself and my life. One of those things is the beautiful land and society that I live on and contribute to. I vote, pay taxes and spend my life with these people and culture. I contribute and I enjoy the benefits with happiness, makes perfect sense to take pride in it all.

Lol there's a lot more to communism than that my dull friend. Maybe you should try reading bud.

>Almost everyone that immigrated to America
was lowlife scum who couldn't make it in the civilized world.

FTFY

>Myopic: The Post

St. Patrick's Day allows everyone to be Irish for a day. One day is good enough. Who wants to be stupid, drunk, belligerent and unattractive for all 365 days of the year?

Actual irishfag in america.

>a lil over 10% of Americans claim to have irish heritage. That's about 31million.

>not even 5 million people in ireland.

Americans have no culture

Fuck the irish. Thieving drug addicts, welfare cheats and drunks.

False. It has nothing to do with purity, it has to do with getting all autistic with your heritage and sectioning it into 50 little meaningless pieces. Those rare occasions when someone gives enough fucks to ask you about your heritage they generally want to know about the bits that have a tangible impact on the way you live. The fact that you might have had a native american grandmother twelve generations ago (and no other natives in your family since) but you don't do anything relevant to that part of your heritage, such as participating in native american communities and shit, then it's irrelevant.

Furthermore, all rambling on about your 5000 heritages will do to most people is just cause them to not ask again.

For example, I have an ancestor something like four generations back that was full blooded Italian. The rest of my family is some amalgamation of Spanish and French. I'm not going to sit down and explain how I'm like 3/8ths Spanish, 3/8th's French, and some minuscule fraction of Italian, and some Minuscule fraction of Slav, or what the fuck ever. Because it's so small that it's irrelevant.

Keep it simple, if all else fails, round up. Nobody cares in the first place, and the few people that do, probably don't want to hear you ramble for an hour about all of these random ethnicities that fucked into your family once like 200 years ago and never appeared again in your family tree.

You're describing hubris mate. I know ameritards don't quite understand the difference, so don't feel too bad about it.

I'm part Irish and I don't care for it

Is that why America kicks the shit out of everyone else in almost everything?

Learning of my family heritage encouraged me to travel to Europe to visit almost all of the continent & speak to the average person to get a better idea of life outside of my own shell.
There is nothing wrong with celebrating our family histories when we know so little about them, but eager to learn.

What is Christmas and Easter

>This is utter nonsense based on arbitrary rules about pride that you've made up
No it's a reality you're uncomfortable to face.

Can i borrow some of that salt? I am about to make some freedom fries.

Bud I don't know if you realize this but most of your country moved here when you were all starving to death. A 14th century Irish guy has more descendants in America than in Ireland.

Nothing excessive about it, I rarely ever talk about it.

But sure bud, whatever helps you sleep at night. Surely you would never have pride in your society if there actually was something to take pride in.

They are right 100k irish women starting at the age of 13 were used to breed mulatoe slaves by the black slave owners.