Why are American plugs so inferior?

Why are American plugs so inferior?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

American government doesn't give a shit about its people so no regulations on appliances

You people will argue about anything.

Are you kidding? Have you ever glanced at the NEC? The American code is as safe as it can be, excessively so in most cases.

Nigga please, italian plugs are superior in every way

Stepping on the UK plug is probably the worst pain I've felt. I was running downstairs late for school in my socks. I felt faint.

One gripe I have over the US plug is they can come out of the socket too easy

UK was too poor to lead a separate cable to every socket so they invented ring mains
Therefore they needed fused plugs.

Let's compare apples to apples, you limey faggot

/thread

Hello

I fucking love it. I came here just to say that.

If the UK one has a fuse in the plug does the US one not have anything??

My plug is the best

I LOL'd when I saw this thread.

Voltage difference

The worst thing about American plugs is the fact that they're 120V.

Best plug.

Best plug tbh

Right thing without a doubt. Will beat the nigger left thing due to its superior structure.

Everyone else than Brits have fuseboxes. It's retarded to put a fuse in every singe fucking outlet.

Meanwhile, you're just a fag

The houses have a fusebox.

avoja porcoddio

this guy gets it

also, they use ring circuits which allow smaller diameter wire, thus saving copper both in the homes wiring and in the appliance wiring, but necessitating the fuse in each plug

its a good system, imho US electrical is OK but the plugs in other places like the common EU plug is much sturdier feeling. but the bottom exit UK plug is a nice design, more flush to the wall.

youtube.com/watch?v=UEfP1OKKz_Q

Fucking nerd

> 15 amps @120
> 13 amps @ 220
3 phase master race here, you're all pleb AF

I dunno, man.
Fired out of a cannon at one another I think the left one has a better structure for sudden impacts so it would survive the collision.
Parts would be coming off the right one like it was going out of style.

As someone who has worked in an industrial environment from both the UK and Canada, this is the best plug.
The UK plugs are good for plugging into a wall directly, but once you involve an extension cord. whew.

> fuse box
> 1950?
It's the 21 century, they're called circuit breakers now.

Are you niggers even trying?

u win

didn't know of the fuse.
Well that's great

Ausfag here
these fuckers always get bent but easily fixed
at least you can never put them in wrong

It's like you were called cock sucker and it's faggot.

ANOTHER RETARDED THING ABOUT AMERICAN SOCKETS IS THAT YOUR MAINS VOLTAGE IS LIKE 120V OR SOME WEAK SHIT.

Takes about a fucking hour to boil a kettle and about 4 hours to charge your laptop while it is in use.

UK 230V Master race reporting in.

I like these simple videos that don't fuck around.

>niggerplug

The live part of the US plug can be reached partially pulled out. Think an uninsulated piece of wire or basically anything metal falling between the plug and the wall.

Europlug (limited usage since no ground) and Schuko address that issue while also being reversible unlike UK plug - partially with recessed sockets and partially with only the tip of the plug connector being metal.

Well, at least you tried. And that's what counts.
lol fuse box.

Because US uses battery voltage in their wallplugs. Wouldn't kill a fly.

Here's a picture of what happens when you accidentally step on a UK plug.

Gtfo faggotplug

So there's enough power to run appliances, but not enough to be anywhere near lethal?
Is that bad?
If'n, how so?

What's the point of the middle prong if it's the same length as the other two?

Where is its fuse?

British plug is nice and all, but it has some stupid design choices to it. It's heug and unnecessarily bulky. The built-in fuse is an outdated remnant of a stupid old house building standard.
Specs and features are nice and all, but the most common plug/unplug devices we use nowadays are chargers which need to be more mobile and easily carried. British plug can't fit into a pocket. Not excusing the sorry thing that is American sockets, but you can see that European plugs are sturdy and they're compatible with a ground-less configuration which is highly portable.

I hail from a country with a pretty basic socket. Britain's argument of "your prongs are exposed when current flows through" is dull. I've never seen anyone get shocked by the few millimeters of exposed prongs when the plug is inserted. I do like the concept of a longer ground prong, which we miss.

American plugs are terrible because their power infrastructure is shit

> 12 V
Literally childs play.

Their whole fucking infrastructure is shit.

What is that

u understand it make it significantly to install? its 1 conductor. instead of bringing a stupid 3wire throughout

it's the barrel of a 7 shooter

but hey man if you wanna fuck around with a 3wire in a shallow box go ahead you pussy faggot

so you're admitting your infrastructure is shit because you're too retarded and lazy to do it right?

guilty

12 volt trailer plug adapter.

/thread

Look at his spelling and grammar, of course he's too retarded.

bro commercial studs are like 1.5inch. how the fuck can you run 3 cables in a box the size of your dick ? you let me know thats why we charge good

Do they run away from any conflict too?

cat shaped waffle iron

da fuck you on about? Uk plugs have a neutral

The UK plug is bulky because it's to prevent people from getting electrically shocked by the mains, which is 230V, even though it's not a big difference. That tiny piece of shit Americans call a mains cable wouldn't protect you for shit.

Master race

Sinners the whole lot of ya

-Sent via carrier pigeon-