Finnish people waiting for a bus

Finnish people waiting for a bus.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lKKrTEIbD3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not un-similar to where i grew up in the US

people respecting eachothers personal space. looks great.

That's how I prefer it. And another thing I like about it. No niggers

FAKE! This is not a picture from finland. Those people are doing something social.

+1

They are probably shitface wasted.

The most important point of the day. Great job, user.

They are teens we in finland call "jonne's".

This probably happens more in the relatively rural areas because where I live, people stand much closer to each other

whole finland is relatively rural

Do they do this for the photo or is this a thing? Seems like it's rare. There's only a couple of pics.

So you shave off an extra foot?

Here in northern Sweden people do that everywhere.
Doesn't matter if it's waiting for the bus or sitting in the bus.

Another Swede here, can confirm the other user.

that looks great

nice dubs

youtube.com/watch?v=lKKrTEIbD3w

ITT: Assburgers and its proponents.
I feel sorry for the bus driver having to stop every 10 feet.

Guy from Australia here, did a trip through Norway, Sweden and Finland last year.
Can confirm them being extremely keen on their personal space.
Sweden and Finland more so than Norway.
Literally big gaps between people everywhere, even at the line before cash machine, in stores etc. It's quite nice. Order and no awkward small talk with strangers.

>I feel sorry for the bus driver having to stop every 10 feet.
Doesn't work that way, when the bus arrive everyone walks to it..

How is that pronounced?

DELETE THIS!

>Literally big gaps between people everywhere, even at the line before cash machine, in stores etc.
Sounds depressing as fuck. In my country everyone stands close and talk. Like normal people.

I'd always hide in this bush, behind the bus stop. If I got there early, I'd just be really quiet, while other people gathered, not revealing my hiding spot. I'd just listen to everyone else talk, and pretend I had friends.

>Fart
>Smoke

Gotta love that place

>Like normal people.
What is normal in your country is not universal..
Every place has a different culture and social behavior.

In my country too but i hate it

>Gotta love that place
I miss it indeed. Especially the Swedish summer. It was comfortable, perfect temperature around 22 degrees Celsius.
Here in Aussie land it's around 40+ in summer..
Going back to the north in next year in January, gonna experience my first snowy winter.

> I'd just listen to everyone else talk, and pretend I had friends.

is it really the distance a person chooses to have to another? anywhere. really?

german here, and we are not known as cordial i guess. but this looks reserved as fuck to me.

probably yonne's

Kek yes. It depends on where in the country but it's not uncommon. Here in northern Sweden people stay the fuck away from each other.

It's like that to avoid terrorist snipers

This is true. I'm from the US, and it's nice when you're cold as fuck waiting for the bus in the morning and have some random stranger to bitch about the weather with.

kek

Yes it is depending on the situation
In the middle of Helsinki or Stockholm it's not as bad (city people) but anywhere else, smaller towns, countryside etc people remain apart for their space. The general rule is two arm lengths minimum.

Got a russian pic?
They squating topkekkek

>They squating topkekkek
They are sitting on benches..

>it's nice when you're cold as fuck waiting for the bus in the morning and have some random stranger to bitch about the weather with.
Swede's and Finns do that at work/school instead. When they have to interact.

im talking about a russian pic

ah i can see it now. living in a city now but im from a 150-people village. remember bus station behaviour. even when youre knowing the others. is it somehow like this?

does anyone in here actually like interacting with strangers while waiting for a bus? except hot girls, but let's keep it realistic

>even when youre knowing the others. is it somehow like this?
Friends stand closer of course, maybe an arms length away. Not too close but just enough.

Hahahaha I can't believe I haven't seen this meme before

Are finnish people actually autistic?!

As a dude from Murica this picture perfectly describes my trip to Finland.
Never felt so alone.

Yes. Can confirm as a finn.

>when they have to
Sounds shitty. People are social.

I don't mind it. I mean I'm fairly shy but I find it awkard standing next to somebody being silent. If there's a big group of people already talking, I'll stay out of it and just keep to myself. But if it's me and one or two other strangers and the others are being silent, I'll at least give them a little nod or "good morning" and smile and make some small talk if they are down. Everybody always has an interesting story.

I also grew up in the midwest so...

>Are finnish people actually autistic?!
If respecting personal space is autistic then everyone from the nordics (Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland etc) is autistic..

is it that people there live so far from each other that you barley know your neighbors? in my village you know everyone.

>Sounds shitty. People are social.
We northern people are social. When we wanna be social..
Pointless chit chat is idiotic.

>so many strangers who you could potentially have a great relationship with but too concerned about "personal space" to strike up a conversation.

>is it that people there live so far from each other that you barley know your neighbors?
Probably part of it.
My closest neighbor is 2.1 km away.

It is a instinct to prevent over foraging of one location, this is also the instinct that stops whites from breeding with lots of other ppl around.

everything anyone does is fucking pointless

yes. then its obvious. thats to much for a real community besides a pub or store.

I'm Scottish but that user and all the other Scandinavian/nordic anons don't make friends that way. There is plenty of research on social life in those places. Friends are mostly found at work or in school.
And they have less friends, but usually for life instead of sparking up small friendships everywhere.
Friend of mine lives in Sweden and he says it can take a year of conversations and interactions before someone even consider a person a friend.

>bitching about the weater
L I T E R A L L Y
the most pointless thing in the world, you're like one of those old fucking people looking desperately for an excuse to disturb other people, get your shit together.

Some of the general small talk is boring, but you would be suprised how much people will open up when it is just you and them standing around for 20min. You can learn a lot.

Happened to me a week or two ago. I was making a delivery for work, came out of this building and it was pouring rain. A few other people came out of the building and we were all waiting for the rain to slow down before going to our cars (and my truck) and ended up talking to some random 50 year old guy for quite some time. Like I said, everybody has their stories and most people could write an interesting autobiography and it's more fun listening to that shit than staring at your phone.

Also never would've met this qt3.14 I been hanging out with for the past few weeks if it weren't for small talk and her invading my personal space.

>häpeä

about the realist statement I've seen ina while.

Seems far superior to the american way, where you act like everyone you meet is a friend but you don't actually have any close friends.

Well that's you, I don't even like talking. Having a conversation with my friends is one thing (which I met at school 15+ years ago) but a stranger? Never.
The only time that might happen is if I'm at the pub and drunk as fuck.

Gotta spark up a conversation some way. Then you end up learning what the other person is interested in. I talk to random person about the weather, then start talking about how this spring has been nice and I got lots of fishing in, turns out they like fishing and tell me about their secret spot where they catch giant fish, I go to secret spot and catch monster fish that I would never catch if it weren't for that time I was bitching about the weather to this total stranger.

I kinda hate small talk too, but with my job I have dozens or hundreds of people I see once a week for like 15min and got pretty good at that little small talk.

It's a different culture for sure.
Though when partying...
Ei tippa tapa eikä ämpäriin huku!

>Seems far superior to the american way, where you act like everyone you meet is a friend but you don't actually have any close friends.
/This. Exactly this.
Not Scandinavian my self but people there make real friendships that last with people who would take a bullet for you.
I was an exchange student there for 2 years, now 11 years later they still call and visit me here in the UK every year.

Try to respect eachothers personal space here...
[tropical countries intensifies]

Fuck me, another reason I will never travel to those places.

>why people from Finland/Norway/etc don't go to India/Pakistan

Imagine the thought of those snow niggers on that bus

Lel and your days are probably boring and lonely as fuck.

I mean of course I can tell when somebody just wants to keep to themselves. But like I said, people are social so most people would rather talk to others than be in an awkward silence and depending where you live and where you grew up, lots of people are just hesitant to break the ice.

I grew up in the midwest so I'm used to talking to stangers. A few years back I moved to an area with a very East Coast attitude where people keep to themselves but if you say "Good Morning!" with a smile to random strangers, 80% of them are willing to tell you their life story if both of you are just standing around.

Moved to the UK a few years ago, one of the most ridiculous thing is when you have to be next to someone for a while, for example bus stop, queue, elevator etc. they ALWAYS try to start some stupid conversation about nothing, so I give them one-word answers and they don't know what to do
Cultures, I guess

Those people are all poor as dirt and honesly they are probably happier and more content than the average Finn on the bus.

>select all images with bus

>Lel and your days are probably boring and lonely as fuck.
No. I have a bunch of great friends I work with and hang out with after.
If you need pointless smalltalk every single second of your life then it's you that is lonely as fuck.
I can handle the trip to work without opening my mouth.

And when you born in this hell?
How 2 proceed?

>80% of them are willing to tell you their life story if both of you are just standing around.

sounds like hell

so you hate small talk but you bring it on yourself deliberately, genius move there.

Move to Scandinavia?

>80% of them are willing to tell you their life story
Classic American.. Just cannot shut up..
What's so dangerous about silence?

Yep.. there and almost all middle eastern countries like Djibouti. Bring noseplugs.
Though if you have a problem with being "close" never ride the subway in Japan. They literally push extra passengers on till the train is full.. full.. FULL.

>I am completely unable to comprehend that different people want different levels of socialization
>everyone must be exactly like me and start hyperventilate if I haven't spilled my life story to a stranger in the last 5 minutes

nigger wtf are u doin

then how do they procreate?

More intersting than standing there in silence. Smiling and laughing is always better than that.

Yeah because most of the time with a one on one conversation, you can turn it into an interesting story telling session and learn a lesson in the end.

That's why humans have nuclear power and apes don't. We have the ability to exchange stories and ideas with eachother. It's great.

What's so dangerous about a pleasant conversation with a stranger?

I will have to work my entire life before I can have money enough to move from here.

>never ride the subway in Japan. They literally push extra passengers on till the train is full.. full.. FULL.
Kek. I would have a panic attack and start raging.

Check trips.
>then how do they procreate?
Around 75% of couples I know met at work or university etc.
A few in the pub.

>subway
>above ground
are all europoors this stupid?

Checked

They bring in refugees to impregnate their women.

Most people enjoy laughing at somebody else's story rather than standing in silence.

I don't like being inside my own head

>never ride the subway in Japan.

it's the grope a girl and get away with it capital of the world. when you're crammed in that tightly it's unavoidable.

So you can't even answer my question? Ok..
The answer to yours is simple. There is no need.
Why talk to a stranger at the bus when you can have a meaningful conversation 20 minutes later at work/school?

Im going to go to sweden one day just to ride the bus and talk to people.

>>subway
>>above ground
>are all europoors this stupid?
Yes our subways sometimes go above ground.
In Stockholm the subway is about 70% under ground, the rest goes above. Cheaper than digging tunnels through water..

Everyone doesn't consider a conversation with a stranger pleasant.

Seriously, there's nothing wrong with talking to people you don't know. I've met A LOT of really nice, interesting people by talking to strangers.
This whole attitude of ignoring everybody everywhere just seems really autistic.

That first on eis right by where I live!

Ever heard of semi underground subways? Very common in Europe.