>4
>2
>7.2
>7.1
>5
>6

Why did it had to go so dark?
1>all of them
The first one is a great movie on its own, great pacing, world building, it truly feels like some long journey, I am impressed at how much stuff it has, then is a journey to which director could make the darkest movie.

Why? The shiny golden logo became dark and each one tries to make it even darker.

Half Blood is the worst, it came out half done.

Because they grew up and if they stayed the same it would get cringey as fuck.

1 > 2 > 4 > 3 > grimdark shit yes I know 4 is pretty grimdark

>HBP last
>7.1 so low
this is literally the worst ranking I've seen

see

suck my dick, halfblood prince is shit

you're shit

kys

People who don't like grimdark witchcraft and dismiss it are the worst. I like the earlier and latter films an appreciate the difference

4 is one of the worst films easily

Half blood prince is fucking great

4 isn't really grimdark it has shit grimdark atmosphere if so

This

Hbp is great

3>7>6>5>2>8>4>1

Learn to pottery

>shitting blood>>>>>>>>>>>>7.1>7.2>2>3>4>5>6

goblet of fire is the best. the rest is amazing also but can't really class them there all good.

Kill yourself

shouldnt you be busy reading at a 6th grade level?

>the one with the worst direction is the best
Don't make me do it senpai. They are all good but goblet of fire is one of the worst films along with Columbus'.

>he immediately talks about reading when his film taste is pointed out to be shit
Kek shouldn't you be shitposting more efficiently 1/10

4>7.2>6>3>7.1>5>1>2

oh so you don't even read the books? you just watch the shitty childrens movies that are based on them? that's far worse.

4 and 7.2 are the most pleb in the series. Only people with no taste consider them their favorites. This is a fact ive seen it too much.

kill ur self this is when Hermione and Ron started having feels for each other !!

3>1>4=5>6>8>7>2

>loaded post
Of course I've read them. Stop with your lit bullshit. Nobody cares herem sorry you can't analyse film come on hit me with another epic shitpost I can take it. You have zero taste go watch lotr and enjoy your vanilla filmmaking in peace.

>muh books
>muh children series
Literally the lowest critique you can muster my sides

Kino
3 4 5 6 7

Good
1 2 8

4 is fine, fuck off.

Listen 4 was directed by a goddamn madman. The only reason it works is bc the batshit is consistent. The material is great adaptation is ok. Acting pretty good save harry but direction bad

That was well done.. its just that barty crouch JUNIOR and DIDJA PUTYA among others are sketch

Good Film Tier
>2
>3

Good Flick Tier
>4
>8

Not Bad Tier
>1
>6

Oh God What Are You Doing Tier
>5
>7

5 is the worst Book and the worst Movie

You know it's true

Terrible taste 7 is a fine film as is 6. 7 is a pleb filter.

I like the movie better than goblet

3>7.1>6>2>5>4>8>1

Good Film Tier
>3
>5
>6
>7

Good Flick Tier/Not bad
>1
>2

Good flick tier/ God What Are You Doing Tier
>4
>8

I fucked that up 1 2 aren't good flick tier they are not bad tier

2 > 4 > 3 > 1 >>>>>>>>>>>> 8 > 6 > 7 >>> 5
Yates a shit

Opinion discarded. Always the goblet of fire fans. You make it easy.

This. Brendan Gleeson alone makes 4 better than any Yates garbage

Yates brought true kino to the series I love him

Toppest. Gleeson is the only reason its not garbage

Always the people with good taste who knows that the David Yates movies are Young Adult-tier shit

>having this much unironically bad taste

TFA and the prequel apologists killed this board.

Too bad he was wasted in the shittiest HP movie.

It was a Young Adult-tier series, dumbass.

>All these goblet sympathizers
Sure is reddit in here. I wholeheartedly mean that, its the plebs choice

>brought true kino
How so? HBP had good cinematography but that was it. The Yates movies are all forgettable with shit world-building and athmosphere compared to the first four

Kek you're a retard. Always the same triggered response

fuck off the third act was great.

The first 3. 4 was the beginning of the end.

>It was a Young Adult-tier series
Not at first. The early movies were good adventure movies for people of all ages. The later ones only appeal to the Hunger Games crowd

No nigger the atmosphere in 6 and 7.1 are top. SURPRISE its different than the first movies. Doesnt mean its bad I enjoy both. Hbp is dreary and dreamlike and dh1 is the perfect penultimate entry. Honestly what the fuck are you thinking saying hbp doesn't have tone stop comparing everything to the books or columbus.

You don't know what a fact is. 4 literally is the best one, with the best acting, visuals and pacing in general.

That doesn't mean its the best film or great

Holy fuck the acting is much better in 5 6 7 and in the one bedore it 3. Pacing is fucked in the middle. Cinematography is stale

It's great as a whole.

It's certainly not the best by any means.

That's literally how the books played out. It got very teen drama once Harry hit puberty.

You dumb fuck. Why must you bruig up hunger games. Harry potter was fucking huge it didn't take a twilight direction to get more money that's absoluteltly stupid. It was going to be a hit no matter what that's why the studio gave creative control to yates because like cuaron they knew that's they best way to get the best movie. You are ignoring commen filmmaking sense and are biased because you didn't like the tone which is british to the core

Chamber of Secrets Emma is the hottest Emma

3 > 1 > 4 > 2 > 5 > 7.1 > 7.2 > 6

6 is literally my favorite book, but that's not why I hate the film, that it couldn't live up to the expectations I had, no. The film just sucks, at moments it's trying to be too faithful to the book to the point where the lines and scenes fall flat, at other times it's completely unfaithful to it. Overall one big boring mess.

2 is the patrician choice
>best atmosphere
>best pacing
>best music
>best tension
>most intriguing plot
>manages to be dark without grimdark filters
>best Dark Arts teacher
First movie was like a beta test for the second, which is the perfect HP movie

Which ones do you think are better

based on Radcliffe's appearance on the cover

4>2>3>1>7>5>6>8

wouldn't let anything after 1 fug me

No

3 is so overrated. It's technically well-made but doesn't have the charming and fun adventure movie tone, and sense of wonder of the first two movie, which are the best

Even two bit critics know chamber is a studio directed film its neutered

>boring
Kek

>not chubby baby Emma from 1
>not lanky ayy lmao from 3 and onward

the scene at the evil shop (forgot the name) in the beginning when Harry lands in the wrong place is darker than anything any of the other HP movies has ever done, and that's like what... the first 10 minutes of the film?

It has a better tone and the themes are storytelling and filmmaking make it have more charm

Because Yates is such an auteur right?

4>7 pt 1>5>1>2> 7 pt 2> dogshit > 3 > 6

Here's your reply. Also she looked very similar in her face after puberty compared to how she did in chamber. 5'5 isn't lanky. My dickkkk

bookshelf scene from interstellar?

6 > 7.1 = 7.2 > 5 = 1 > 4 = 3 > 2
don't like two. don't like the book or the movie. fuck gilderoy

Why does Harry dress like a dad from Jcrew the entirety of Deathly Hallows.

>not boring
kek all you want, the movie has terrible pacing, making it super boring for me, the book on the other hand I couldn't keep off my hands. every page was enticing and gripping.

3 > 2 > 1 > 4 > 5 > 7 > 6

3 > 2 > 4 > 1 > 7.2 > 6 > 5 > 7.1

Yea compared to newell and columbus he's axtually the only director to win a directing award on the series. I think he win twice. The british actually have taste.

2>1>3>>>rest

Why don't we all sucks everyones dicks here?

can someone redpill me on why Sup Forums hates 6?

2 3 4 7 and 8

I still enjoy 1, 5, and 6.

None of the them are objectively bad.

No it isn't my god my sides man. You faggots cannot seperate a film medium from a book. I read the book in one sitting but besides the end its forgettable. Lots to be cut. It get
better everytime I watch it

>analyzing "film"
>the HP series

Yeah, fuck off. It's all shit after you're 16. Go cry on your blog.

Nostalgia for the others then can't handle something different

Nostalgia faggots rating 2 and 4 so high go read a review.

Anyone that doesn't have 3 as the best can die

why even watch harry potter if not for the nostalgia and childlike wonder?
>go read a review
fuck off

Go away Yates-autist, nobody likes you

>Sup Forums will defend this

The movies where they actually go to school and where their uniforms are the best. The first 2 feel so christmasy, its nice.

?????

Okay I forgot the dps and directors were kids. I'm kekking my ass off. Ignorance is bliss, this board is reddit I've seen a bare bones buzzfeed article with more cinematic chops than you. Sorry you can't handle potter. Just chalk it up as kids stuff and go along with your confirmation bias. They are technically well made and directed after columbus

How the fuck did the last one end up at 96%? It's just one big lackluster climax

1=2>3>4>7>5>6

So going by the ratings ITT it seems the consensus is that the first four Potter movies > the last four

>Sup Forums is actually this dumb
I just watched them all and they wear their uniforms a shitton in 3 4 5 6

david yates ruined harry potter as the comfy nostalgic family flick we all grew up watching with 1-4 and turned it into an edgy grimdark teenager drama flick that becomes super cringey to watch with your family

no wonder Sup Forums likes 5-8 since they watch movies alone without friends&family

Cinematography was worse in 4 because the director was a theater director, yet at the same time it had the best acting. Dialogue in the Yates movies was cringeworthy, unrealistic and the acting was plain bad, including forced emotions that didn't fit the scene. Yates movies in essence were anime melodrama, no genuine realistic interactions or emotions. Cinematography was nice, but there wasa no substance and the movies were slow as fuck.

4 was pure entertainment value. 5,6,7,8 were anus.

You weren't in the big thread from earlier today then 6 and 7 are kino. I like all of them. Most people that like the first ones shitpost

Like this person. They can't possibly like something different

this