Why do atheists put all of their faith in the scientific method?

why do atheists put all of their faith in the scientific method?

They worship people like Dawkins and Nye, while criticizing other people and other organized religions for worshiping God.

why are they so hypocrite?

Because scientists preach facts.

it depends on who you are talking about, i am an atheist but dont care for the scientific method

I'm new here, so please don't hurt me. Well the only scientific method requiring faith would be evolution and the big bang theory as well as how old the earth is. All other scientific discoveries are fair game.

Normal people don't make gods out of scientific people.
The only reason we "worship" them, is appreciation of their brilliant, intelligent. understanding, disciplined minds.

They're necessarily different worlds.

The world of religion, of God, and the world of man, should have no overlap.

What happens after you die has no bearing on the reality of now -- and no Sky Daddy gives a shit who you fuck, what kind of shrimp you eat, etc.

Pascal's Wager is a bunch of bullshit, because a god responsible for the universe doesn't care about you.

Live a good life, have a net positive effect on the world, worship as you see fit, and all is well with the world.

If your god commands you to do horrible shit, it's a horrible religion and you're a horrible person for listening to it.

Lol, I can't believe this kind of shitpost is still out.

What the fuck are you doing faggots

Science and religion are not the same thing you dumb fuck.

its only facts when its convenient for them.

Not sure if you're mad at them for replying to bait or if you're just a religion fag.

No please. I am sorry. I didn't know i was doing something inappropriate.

bait

Saw a near copy of this thread yesterday.

>Why do all non-golf players love hockey so much?
Seriously. This is what you sound like with this shit.

Most atheist people be like BBBUT MUH DAWKINS SAID THERE IS NO GOD SO I BILIEVE HIM

How does evolution require faith? Sure, big bang theory is not 100% steady but evolution is just a fact, dude. There's too much proof to even start denying it. If bait rip.exe.

Please don't hurt me, but you see i constantly see people use adaption as an evolution theory. When evolution happens over a million years. Evolutionist have been putting information out of thin air for 100 years.

>being this aspy
>"putting out of thin air"
No. This is why the scientific method exists: so a hypothesis formed from an observation, and the subsequent experiment can be duplicated in a manner to consistently produce the same results.
Abrahamic religions can't even agree on what is acceptable by the same god.
Also, pop culture and a vague, loose understanding of what a theory is has led to the apparently popular belief that a given theory cannot or has not been "proven" which is not true. Just like with religion, there is no evidence to show that it is not true. Could be wrong but I would venture a guess that there's no biblical evidence or scripture denouncing the possibility of evolution as a fact. You're arguing a moot point.

>sorry, I fed the troll.

Not every atheist does put their faith in science, and none to the extent theists do in their deities.

But for those who do, at least they they have modern technology to show for their faith - that's more than any theists have.

I am not religious. Man-made control systems, exaggerations of symbolism and metaphor, and self-imposed rules make it nonsensical to me.

That said, I've come to my own understandings through the tools DMT and various forms of meditation (sensory deprivation, kundalini yoga, fire breathing yoga).

I've only done DMT once, and I smoked it rather than drink it, so it was a very short crash course.

Rather than sit here and try to explain the one consciousness that permeates any and all of the universe, and all universes, I'll say this:

Whether you are of a religious mentality or an atheist, the answers you seek are a DMT trip away.

Go find out. I did, and there is no doubt remaining whatsoever in the incomprehensibly beautiful and intelligent one consciousness and higher self that is an integral part of it (like fingers to the hand, to the body, etc.), as well as the absolute abusurdity that religions have turned it in to to control the population's consciousness.

DMT is a completely natural neurotransmitter that is available in just about any living organism, so you're a Google away from knowing how to extract and synthesize it from a variety of plants. Take that third hit, feel your body die, and cross over. See for yourself.

tl;dr
You're a DMT trip away from realizing there is a God, and religions are way off base.

Good job sir, i understand your knowledge is quite big; however i would advise a re-education. First off the hypothesis can only be formed through limited selection of evidence. In other words they guessed how they have formed over the years. Perhaps if we continue to research over the next one million years we can find evidence of evolution. Until then animals have only one frame of mind and that is survival. The only way for an animal or a human to 'evolve' is the immediate problem of becoming endangered. That's when all species will form up and issue a level 9 warning system to eradicate the problem. Animals in the wild do it all the time. They re-create themselves when on the verge of extinction. Animals don't just start getting smarter, because they shall a bigger picture.

Well you see religion is quite like an urban legend. It's been passed on for years through a 3rd party. Normally these urban legends have some truth to them. The original story ends up lost in time or translation. Happens all the time.

In historical scriptures from B.C - A.D. Many historians have uncovered the historical figures who have witness supernatural events. I believe such public figures like maximus.

Also please don't hurt me. I have autism.

the shitposter of the century calling someone a hypocrite
>muh sides i lost them

atheism is like a religion. you don't have any concrete evidence that god does not exist and yet you claim there is no god. athesits base their beliefs on faith, just like any other forms of religion, except it does not teach morals, or anything that may be beneficial.

being an atheist does not make you more clever. in fact, you are a pretty sad person.

Eat arrow, fascist!

Well both Stephen Hawking and Albert Einstein have stated ''the possibility of a creator". Honestly i think we are all shagged.

Had je het in je?

There are almost no real Atheists, most of them are just rebelious teenagers. Also if Atheism really was a religion of skepticism, why are Atheists so easy to troll?

All biological evidence, all observations, all experiments, every single shred of knowledge about how life works points to the theory of evolution being correct. That is what a theory is, it explains all the evidence.

The big bang theory similarly explains all the evidence we have, there is nothing to suggest the universe isn't expanding. If it is expanding it must have started at a point.

We know how quickly things radioactively decay. This is an observable fact. No isotope we know of speeds up as it decays, or slows down. They all seem to decay at a constant rate. Once again, every single shred of evidence we have supports a constant decay of radioactive isotopes. If you measure certain biologically occurring isotopes in currently living things and dead things you can figure out how long ago the dead thing stopped making new isotopes through biological processes based on how much isotope is left. It is elementary to show that these dead things are at least hundreds of thousands of years old. Certain isotopes trapped in cooled lava can show that the Earth is billions of years old. There are literally trees living, right now, that are older than the supposed 10,000 years or whatever horseshit creationists believe the Earth is. How did those trees survive the flood?

All of these things require no faith at all, only that you believe in true observable facts.

Because science adjusts its views based on what's observed. Faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved.

nobody has ever used the scientific method to verify if the scientific method works, so Atheists are basing their beliefs on faith, like all other religions.

at least religious people have morals and a purpose in life

>BILL NYE ONLY HAS A BACHELORS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
>HE'S NO SCIENCE GUY
>WAKE UP SHEEPLE

amen brother. atheists are so blind to their own hypocrisy that its downright irritating sometimes to just have a conversation with them.

A significant part of the 'Atheist Community' have no real interest in science as a method of reliable observing the world and instead view it as anti-religion despite science and religion being two separate entities (religion claiming answers to things we don't know and science giving us what we know). This leads them to use science not as a tool of discovery but as a means of being different
TL;DR: Some athiests are just in it for the edge of it.

I can see that you've been educated thoroughly, but you are missing a few decades of new evidence. I think it is time to be re-educated.

Well you see. Radioactive Isotopes have been known to be inaccurate. They tried pinning a decayed beach whale and thought the isotope said it was 57,000 years old. Which is off, since the death was recent.

The reason why the big bang theory is false is well...you see. When it explosion happens what stops the accelerated object? Science is cool and all, but people are getting shagged. Please don't hurt me.

Because moral and a "purpose in life" are things exclusive to religious people.

why do religious people put all their faith in the skyman which they read about in a book?

Just use some logic here. If God didn't exist you wouldn't have an opinion about God.

Gaan we het alsnog proberen?

amen brother.

Ik zou het oprecht heel graag willen, want ik hou echt van je, en ik ben ook een nogal grote lul geweest en ik was net ook een ongelooflijk onuitstaanbare klootzak. Ik hoop oprecht dat je mij nog een tweede kans wil geven. Kus. Ik hou van je. Nathan.

If the scientific method is good enough to develop your phone and PC, it's good enough to explain why you're an ugly fuck.

open wide, here comes the body of God