Is a law in place in America where I couldn't make a video game about school shootings?

Is a law in place in America where I couldn't make a video game about school shootings?

yes

No. First Amendment protects your right to do so. I'm sure there are already a couple indy games about this.

no

maybe

No, and if you weren't autistic you could just google any school shooting + game and I can almost promise you one exists. I know there's 4-5 about Columbine (some funny, some serious) and a few about Sandy Hook.

Possibly

i dont know?

Perhaps

It depends

I would google, but I beleive I am under some government surveillance

Oddly enough, im also working on one. No surprise, its a first person team shooter.

can you repeat the question?

indubitably

YOU´RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW!

Well I'm glad this thread cleared things up.

It all depends really.

Most works of media are covered under free speech, but if you make a game where you play as a 40 year old man shooting 8-9 year old kids while they scream and cower in fear, and you made it realistic, well some people could argue that it holds no real artistic value, and therefore would make the 1st amendment not applicable to your specific game.

You'd probably have to fight it in court, although most small time games never gain the kind of publicity needed for such circumstances to arise.

Planning to just make a quick get in get out type of game with a timer and scoring, where if you stay too long you get riot police coming in with no escape.

U think ur under government survalence so u come to the internet and post a question? U understand everything u do over a phone line or on the internet or through a bank is known to the US government right?

>he thinks he's safe as long as he avoids google

literally everything you do is monitored on the internet

"I believe I am under some government surveillance"
>implying everyone in america isn't under government surveillance

Not like I give a shit. If they want to check my search history and find "hardcore tentacle rape anal marco diaz gay tentacle job hentai" in google images, that's their problem.

As retarded OP may seem, he begs an interesting question. I mean if you think about why there is no big AAA game about school shooting? It would be controversial and offensive as fuck but that didnt bother gaming industry before. Bigger the controversy bigger the money.

there are plenty of mods for games where you can go school shooting or be shot at in school
most notably hl2 and minecraft obviously, but the new fps´ also have some