Why is this considered a masterpiece? Its barely above average

Why is this considered a masterpiece? Its barely above average.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.4tan.org/mu/thread/72235859/#72238556
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree, can't understand why it's always so high in chart threads.

Why do you consider it barely above average? Its a masterpiece.

"coziness"

what a shitty fucking thread. can you at least explain why "Its barely above average"? why you retards cant articulate your opinion

kys

Its a solid album but nothing amazing. Works fine as background music.

you too kys

cuz it just is lol. kill you're are self bruv

im done FUCK YOU, buddy

no u

>"Those people are shitting on my favorite album, I must answer with the standard kys/faggot comments in order to show them how wrong they are instead of argumenting myself"

You fucking child minded mongoloid, make a real point instead of being a passive aggressive crybaby.

probably because it made the whole dreamy/noisy wall of guitars thing popular and everyone tried to imitate it. personally i prefer ambient side of shoegaze

You like it or you don't. It's a rather polarizing album. The only reason Sup Forums loves it so much is because of hivemind and it being just inaccessible enough to not be normie-core.

Personally though I love it, but I honestly prefer their Glider EP even more.

everyone has a different taste in music one mans bad album is one mans masterpiece

One of my top five albums of all time. I don't blame anyone for not liking it, though, and for a lot of fans (myself included) it was a grower. I think the textures on this album are phenomenal, and add a harshly beautiful atmosphere to a set of what would otherwise be simple pop songs. And that's the other thing - I don't care for experimental noise for its own sake, but when it's paired so seamlessly with legitimately great pop tunes, it works. That might be why it took me several listens before I realized how brilliant it is: the first few times, I was only listening to the noise, but after becoming familiar with the album, my mind could follow the sweet melodies beneath.

The riffs. The soundscape. The production. Everything here is so intricately placed and creates a wall of sound that is both unique and mesmerizing. Whether you like this album or not, you cannot deny the influence it has had in the face of modern rock music as we know it today.

This

>Glider EP
Patrician detected
Tremolo is even better though

I like it because it sounds nice. I didnt like it at first, but now i love it. Thread is rife with contrarians.

bump

>You must be of 18 years of age before posting on Sup Forums

I like it a lot for nostalgic reasons.
My dad was driving me to college and he tuned into the campus radio and they were playing When you sleep. My dad really liked it but couldn't understand the lyrics to look it up and spent a month looking for the song. I eventually found it and he was really happy.

I miss my dad.

That's what I thought the first time I listened to it. Here's my comment from a similar thread earlier:
>These are the reasons why I enjoy Loveless.
As a guitar player, classically trained, I started to listen to jazz, jazz fusion, ambient and other genres more and more in recent years. It was only logical to do so. I have a disdain for pop music and other genres of manufactured music, so, at first I didn't want to get associated with anything even resembling it. But as I've listened to Brian Eno's "art rock" albums, shoegaze as a genre of disfigured, lighthearted, pleasantly noisy and deconstructed pop songs became more interesting. To Here Knows When is intriguing from a guitar player's point of view, as is Only Shallow. Wall of noise production technique and enormous track layering is also competently put to use on this album. You can listen to it on a rainy night, cloudy and cold afternoon, in a warm spring afternoon and the album still "fits". And the fact that Kevin Shields almost singlehandedly recorded the album is even more impressive.
boards.4tan.org/mu/thread/72235859/#72238556

Loveless has probably been the biggest grower of all time for me. The first few times I heard it, I thought it was good but kind of boring outside of Only Shallow and Sometimes. Occasionally I would put it on because it's good background noise. Then, When You Sleep and What You Want started to get really good. Then, To Here Knows When clicked. Then, Loomer, Blown a Wish, and Come in Alone did. The only song I don't love at this point is Touched, but I can even appreciate that. Only after a few years of getting into more shoegaze bands did it become clear to me just how far and above them MBV remains. There's so many layers of sound, and you can focus on any one of them to get a different perspective on all of the others. Every sound on that album is there for a specific reason.

I always felt like their best stuff is on their EP's. Glider/Tremolo/YMMR are all top tier shit.

>sell about 3 copies back in the day cos it's unaccessible second rate sonic youtish shit
>somehow get memed into classic status by muso nerds
>is now in fact regarded as a classic by babbys who think they know music

idk op

>somehow get memed into classic status by muso nerds
I know you're shitposting, but, what?!

>loveless
>inaccessible
made me think

it's bordering on ok computer/unknown pleasures meme tier music

I know nothing on Sup Forums is inaccessible unless it's shitty obscure ambient noise but for most people who haven't explored much music Loveless is not friendly to the ears. I've played a couple songs for people who are into stuff like Radiohead or Arctic Monkeys or Nirvana and they told me it just sounds like pointless noise.

>ambient side of shoegaze
What's that? Post some examples

Oh, boy, isn't the internet just great? Everything is a meme!