youtube.com/watch?v=Qtd2ceS_l1o
youtube.com/watch?v=ATqUfgAxSQ4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_films
youtube.com/watch?v=bhDiDj-ollY
youtube.com/watch?v=X57LrcA_TDs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes we did

I will do the same for my kiddos

I remember feeling really shitty after we left the theater and my dad told me how much he hated it.

I was so embarrassed I ended up convincing him that the only reason I went was to get the promo cards (which was like 50% true)

...and then the same thing happened a few years later at the Digimon movie

youtube.com/watch?v=9kgtV0s3nek

I just remember being confused because I thought the movie was gonna be about Mewtwo and then this shit came on

nobody forced to fuck and have a child

How old were you?

lel what an asshole dad

Better this than fucking Shrek or whatever Dreamworks shat out back then. Don't have fucking kids if you aren't willing to let them enjoy things.

Yep, it was so bad for my parents. My dad fell asleep. That short was the worst for them, just Pokemon saying their name and making noise, it was like hell for them.

>or whatever Dreamworks shat out back then
Kino

Speak for yourself, plebeian. While you were begging your parents to take you to the latest kid flick, I was asking my father for Kurowasa's early collection. So that's right kiddo. Back to your containment Sheev thread you go. Leave kino discussion to the real men. I'll have you know I eat plebs like you for breakfast and shit them for lunch, a true patrician's meal. I watched my first Giallo when I was 8, when I was 9 I had already analyzed in depth every Fellini ouvre in my sleep. In other words, you're clearly outclassed. Like my great-grandfather, the acclaimed cinematographer Patrice D'enclume used to say, "If you like kicking the shit, don't cry when your shoe smells of feculence." Your memeing days are over you dildo-gagging cuntbag.

My parents loved Shrek and Shrek 2

My mom went asleep.

8 years old

To be fair he didn't do it in a dickish way, he was just honest about what he thought about it.

Still it made me feel bad that he thought the thing I was so obsessed with was stupid.

Looking back it made me analyze why the movie sucked and made me realize I probably wouldn't have liked it either if it hadn't been about Pokemon, which I think helped me develop good taste in movies down the line. So I'm kind of thankful for his honesty.

>shrek
>bad in any possible way

Shrek was pretty damn watchable, adults enjoyed the way it deconstructed the tropes they were familiar with.

Pokemon was fucking incomprehensible to adults at the time, none of them understood why their kids were brainwashed into loving that weebshit.

Damn I never saw this one. Dreamworks did have some decent stuff though.

It's great to be a god, tread where mortals have not trod

I think most kids went there just to get the promo cards. I know I did.

>be an uncle
>take niece and nephew to movies so my sister could relax
>think kung fu panda 2 would be a good movie for me and the kids
>they wanted to watch Rio

So many fucking good movies I missed out on theatres because kids have shit taste. Including myself as a kid.

He got me back getting me Tweenies live tickets when I was 13-14 and making me go. Just cos sometimes a few of us would watch it to take the piss after school.

He won.

That said I still live unemployed in his house at 25 so who knows.

>Damn I never saw this one
shitskin confirmed

I forgot that and El Dorado were dreamworks. At any rate, I'd rather watch 2D than any of their CGI shit.

My parents worked all the time, so my older sister took me to see it when I was very young. We were late, so I missed the little intro movie with just Pokemon. She was a bitch and kept commenting about "that guy with no eyes was a horny rapist". I grateful someone took me to see it, I guess.

true.
all fucking 5 of us in the car on the way to the theater.
blasting the new Marshall Mathers LP on Cassette.
fucking hell.

>blasting the new Marshall Mathers LP on Cassette
Fucking hell, your poor parents. I think I would cry myself to sleep every night if I had such a sperg as my son.

I made my parents take me to Pokemon: The Musical.

I am so sorry Dad.

>Shrek
>KEK OGRE FARTS
>CELEBRITY voice actors
>basically normie shit

>Pokemon
>traditional hand drawn animation
>story about ethical ramifications about cloning
>kino for kids

>That short was the worst for them, just Pokemon saying their name and making noise, it was like hell for them.

fuck why did i laugh so hard at this

what can I say, parents are normies

rewatched the first couple episodes of the original series and was appalled at how advertisy it was. it had absolutely no soul and took every opportunity to shove these money making japmons down our throats

my mom dropped me off

I got the whole set of promo cards because I asked the women handing them out for the full set

when the movie was finished she gave me more

dear god I watched like 60% of Rio on TV and that was painful enough, I feel for you

No lie. My dad actually shed a fucking tear to this movie. I on the other hand, felt cheated on the possibility of a better MC if Ash dies.

Yes! Take little Jamal and Jermal out to see Pokemon Yin and Yang!

>rewatched the first couple episodes of the original series and was appalled at how advertisy it was

You realize that the show made up the whole "they say their own name" thing just so you'd remember the pokemon better and buy more merch, right?

It was the ultimate toy commercial

>eggsecutor eggsecutor
>odd-ish! odd-ish!

That still just pops into my head for no damn reason.

>that part in the movie where the guy calls what is clearly a Pidgeot "Pidgeotto"

Looking back it was obvious they didn't give a fuck, but back then I was baffled at how they could possibly fuck something like that up.

I don't remember this sequence being this long.

no

More like story about how Pokémon shouldn't fight. Even though that's what the franchise is built on

You had to remind it

that's not even the worst thing I made my parent take me to

you might be a fag

I at least had the sense to never get into this garbage.

I mean Pokemon and Digimon were fucking shameless toy commercials, but they at least had the decency to not make the show itself about the fucking merchandise.

There's a difference between fighting just out of anger, vs. fighting because your master is forcing you to do it. OBVIOUSLY one is far worse than the other.

yugioh is actually a solid anime if you can accept how goofy the premise is. The actual game is hot fucking dogshit that gets worse as every expansion introduces more and more powercreep though.

>diglet-dee diglet-dee
>diglet diglet diglet

It was literally a 23 minute toy commercial, and it worked so well people cared about it 20 years after the fact because they remember it fondly

What's funny is Yugioh wasn't originally about the card games.
It was about Yugi being a little bitch who would sometimes get possessed buy a psychopath ghost who would play mind games with teenagers and leave them emotionally broken afterwards.
Then it just became a series about the cast playing different games and getting into hinjinks.
Then the card game was introduced in what was supposed to be a one-off arc, but that arc boosted the popularity of the series by a ton and so Shueshia forced the mangaka to make the entire series about the card game.
It got a new anime adaptation, not even covering the first part of the manga, and thus is history.

That movie also was American made.
Yugioh was actually more popular in the West than it was in Japan so 4kids commissioned the movie to be made for American audiences.

Yeah, but this is what passed for entertainment in that era, so they probably didn't even mind.

youtube.com/watch?v=EK_LN3XEcnw

>20 minutes
What the hell, I remember this being like a 3 minute short where they save one of them from drowning in a river or something

She probably wanted to bang you.

No, I went with my friends and got a rad fucking Entei card.

And I fucking cried like a little fucking faggot when Ash got petrified as well. Get at me, nigga.

>Entei
>First Movie

That short film before the first movie was 20 fucking minutes?! Why do I only remember it as like 5 minutes in the theater?

hardest i've laughed on Sup Forums for a month

poor parents hahaha

Well which one did they give the Entei card out? Cuz I went to that one too.

I thought it was the coolest shit until shortly after the movie when I realized even though being a holo, it was a common because fucking everyone had it for going to that movie.

Still, I cried like a little faggot when Ash got rekt by Mew and Mewtwo in the first one.

I feel you

>people cared about it 20 years after the fact because they remember it fondly

This is the part that baffles me.

I understand people liking the show when they're kids. It's a brightly colored fantasy world with seemingly limitless opportunities, but it sucked. If you've watched it past the age of like 12 you'll know it sucks immediately. It's like powerrangers. Yeah it was cool when you're 8, they're backflipping ninjas wielding weapons fighting monsters and turning into robots, but who wants to go back to that when you're 20?

Nostalgia is a helluva drug.

I saw this when I was 10 and I was like "The fuck is this shit?"

I never went, but I'd assume the third one, since that one was about Entei.
I've only seen 1, 4 and 5, have I missed out on anything?

Same year
youtube.com/watch?v=Qtd2ceS_l1o

youtube.com/watch?v=ATqUfgAxSQ4

There is still no movie that features the best legendary.

>but who wants to go back to that when you're 20?
Everyone who's a normal person instead of a post-ironic memelord.

sorry mom

That's actually a very strong possibility.
/r/pedofriends made me realize that there is actually A LOT of female pedophiles.

>Have your opinion challenged
>Grow from it
He was probably a top tier dad.

Oh yeah! the entire reason they gave those cards out is because the movie was centered around Entei. Fuck, I totally forgot!

>there are at least 5 pokemon movies
All right, I'm going to have to download them all and have a pokemon marathon. The series was subpar from what I remember but the movies were GOAT.

Fuckin' normies trying to claim they were into Pokemon on the same level as I was ever since that new mobile game came out... I ain't tryna hear that. Those niggas probably never even put together their own Pokemon deck. Sheeeit.

>his parents didn't drop him off and pick him up at a specific time in a specific place.

They must have thought you were retarded.

>At least 5
user...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_films

youtube.com/watch?v=bhDiDj-ollY

K I N O
I
N
O

>watched it on tv with my sister and a girl from the neighborhood
>she later showed me her nipples
>that was the first and second-to-last time I saw real life non-related girl nipple

>When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things.

Fuck I can't stand the show at all anymore but that remix is still legit.

>the first episode

My dad hated me for that

He said movie user

kek
I remember the day I wrote that pasta

I found my new copy pasta

Thanks

Looking back, that short was the best part of that shitty movie. Cute critters doing cute things at its finest.

Nope, my parents dropped a friend and I off at the movie.

Then my friend started crying at the "brother" scene and even at ten years old I was like "fuck what a bitch I'm not trading cards with this douche anymore."

Christ Almighty...

My dad committed suicide a week after he brought me and my little sister to see this. I was 6.
The movie probably had nothing to do with his suicide, but I remember on the way home him ranting about much he hated it and I always mentally connect the two.

Why the fuck would you listen to the OST in a cinema?

That song at the beginning was the shit tho

He was probably mad at everything. I mean, I'm not a parent but I actually love taking my nephew to movies because I get to act like a fucking kid and it's OK because he's there.

>The movie probably had nothing to do with his suicide
Whatever helps you sleep.

my dad mocked thus movie's anti-violence messafe

now hes dead and in the ground while everyone still loves pokémon

>tfw your parents had to sit through this

youtube.com/watch?v=X57LrcA_TDs

My dad, to this day, says I owe him a good nursing home because of Pikachu's vacation.

I saw this too with my dad. Looking back now how the hell did this get a theatrical release?

My dad was hungover and just slept through it.

My dad didn't like taking me to the comic book store to buy pokemon cards. He sung a different tune when he found out how much that 1st edition Charizard card was worth.

Then again, we never had a problem. It just annoyed him that I would bug the fuck out of him until he'd take me down there to get the Japanese booster packs.

>having shitty parents

I'm sorry m8.

>or whatever Dreamworks shat out back then.

Is this a joke?
90's Dreamworks animation was fucking top-tier.

my friend from England had to import a US VHS copy find a US vcr and plug that into a uk vcr just to watch the god damn first movie

Why is 90's pop music so comfy?

...why?

I'm English and I remember seeing it in the cinema

But it showed in UK cinemas m8

but it came out in the UK...

t. saw it in the cinema at 13.