TFW trying to learn programming but quickly realize that all the good ideas are already taken and there's no way to...

>TFW trying to learn programming but quickly realize that all the good ideas are already taken and there's no way to make money with this shit anymore because there's billions of people on earth but not that many ideas

Other urls found in this thread:

nanalyze.com/2016/06/kickstarter-scams/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can work for someone with good ideas and get paid. That's like going into machining and saying "all the good ideas for machines have been taken". They still need people to code, and still need people to work the machines. It's a good field if you have an aptitude for it. I'm a software developer, glad I picked it but it's not my passion as it was some other people's.

>learning programming for work
>didn't already start learning programming out of an interest in computers
This is where you messed up. If you want to enjoy your work, do something you enjoy. Did you get into programming because you thought it would be easy cash? Or did you get into programming because you have an interest in technology and like breaking things only to fix them?

Protip: Codemonkeys are always needed. If you like computers, try becoming a sysadmin. Programming and system administration are the best combo.

i don't want to work in it i just want to make cool shit that is important to someone and make a lot of money (optional but preffered)

Aren't sysadmins out dated at this point?

I can't comment on sysadmins, because it's not my field. Generally, if there's cool shit to be made that can be made by one person with mediocre coding skills, it's already been made many years ago and you can open source software that does it adequately for free. You can usually cobble together a working solution out of extant products.

As said, you should already have an interest in computers and building things and tinkering if you want to get into coding. I was always interested in computers, considered going into IT, decided CS was a better match for my abilities and desires.

>that all the good ideas are already taken
Just make them again, but better this time? Everything might be invented, but the most of it is buggy POS with shitty UI and inbuild wierdness.

boatboy thread?

I kind of have/had an interest but I always get bored and disinterested after a while. Like I literally just learned some C++ did some of those Sup Forums challenge memes then got bored and stopped.

Same with C# and some other shit. I just started doing it then realized "Wow someone did this way bettert han I did a long time ago, why the fuck am i even bothering with this bullshit"

how do i get over that

It's something you have to accept with practically any creative enterprise. Same with art, architecture, design, engineering, etc. Most products require scores of designers and developers and usually not going to be able to compete with that on your own. Going to school for it kept me focused, learning, and developing my skills and knowledge. Without the exterior tasks, will to succeed, and promise of a career at the end I likely wouldn't be anywhere near where I am today.

mess with a graphics library and try to implement basic features from old vidya that you have nostalgia for

everything that's worth making is legit impossible tho. That's my problem. I have ideas but you either need multiple PhD's working on it to make it happen or to just be some sort of genius who dedicates 15 hours a day to it.

The worst part is I spent thousands of hours on Sup Forums when I could have become amazing at programming. or at least worked on something I could be proud of. I realize it's a sunk cost fallacy but I can't stop thinking about how much time I've sunk into this website. All for nothing.

just do it for fun for now and make it your new version of shitposting. it might not go anywhere at all, but at least you can experience some knowledge and joy from it.

How do I become learn to develop malware

Is it even possible to compete with Borisovich at this point in time?

the best way to initially make money is to jump onto the next big thing early on before your competition becomes established.

how can i make something like this pic?

well?

kys

no tell me

Program an emulator for a newish video game system

Wouldn't it just be easier to create a fake kickstarter and embezzle the funds and say "Whoops sorry guys it didn't work out :))"?

Like with peachy printer for example, or one of the countless other kickstarter scams.

nanalyze.com/2016/06/kickstarter-scams/

>implying you are going to be earning easy money anytime soon

>Aren't sysadmins out dated at this point?
memeadmin here, no.

You'll always need someone to manage your... everything, really.
Start working as a 'consultant' and you'll rake in the leafmoney.

Explain why I can't make a kickstarter scam

There's been hundreds of em

just like make game