Let's teach Americans how to drive!

Let's teach Americans how to drive!

Other urls found in this thread:

fix.com/assets/content/15256/manual-vs-auto-001.png
youtube.com/watch?v=x3UpBKXMRto
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-shift_gearbox
autonews.com/article/19960626/ANA/606260750/standardized-parts-put-america-and-cadillac-on-a-pedestal
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

when most americans own a automatic. are europeans also fucking dumb?

Ok

Teach them to make a decent car first

?

europeans are dumb for wanting to do extra work while driving

Fuck off jap

everyone i know owns a automatic. every bmw, mini cooper, toyota, nissan, etc. they are all automatic now.

good luck getting it into reverse. you would have to fucking slam the stick so hard. also, on alot of cars you can't move into reverse from any other gear than 1st.

with manual gears you can drive faster.

cuz its more fun than automatic

Are you fucking kidding me?
Everyone drives in the US.

audi, mercedes benz, volgwagen? idiot.

yeah because you can let the gears rev longer.

yes and hardly 'more work', only a worthless pos would make such a claim

why there aren't any u.s f1 driver?

cheaper cars sure, but performance automatics switch faster and lose less power then manuals.

top kek!

it would be very boring to drive without manual.

That's like asking why there aren't more Nascar drivers from Europe.
It's a stupid question.

>using outdated obsolete technology

you fags will be pulling levers while the rest of us are flying around in the air in our kickass hover cars

You be surprised how many Americans can drive stick I mean we have a few thousand people in the trucking industry not to mention the the people who buy muscle cars and trucks in the south.

no. automatic is slower and you don't know what uou are talking about, kiddo.

>MAMPF MAMPF BURGER MUMPF MUMPF
>HOW SHOULD I *BURB* EAT MA BURGASH IF I HAF TO SFIFT GIERS REEEEEEEEEEEEE

nascar is bullshit. F1 is the motorsport king.

Shifting gears mid air nigga

You actually go faster if you shift into maximum torque ranges, my auto Audi will hold any gear at whatever rpm until you shift it. Only advantage a manual would be is from the start, even then if you knew how to brake stall you'd be more consistent than the the manual and it's less work to load the engine

Yeah but it's harder to do drive by's if you don't have a free hand.
How are you going to hold a gun and aim properly if you're busy changing gears all the time?

>get told modern automatics are "better" and none of the issues with older automatics are true
>get given shitty automatic rental registered in 2016
>driving down steep hill
>car doesn't know what gear to be in so keeps changing rapidly

Ferrari no longer makes manual cars... because automatic and CVT is much faster and efficient.

fix.com/assets/content/15256/manual-vs-auto-001.png

Lol, do you rly think, they can get up to 5?

Your opinion is irrelevant, the question was stupid.

gas the bikes - race car now!!!

real man can switch gears while drive by shooting. It's really not that hard. and also you must only use right foot to brake.

Modern automatics are surpassing manuals in performance. You need a dual clutch semi-automatic transmission if you want to be the fastest these days.

Manuals are becoming the bottom tier as far as pure performance. But that doesn't mean they are more fun. Faster doesn't = more fun. A Miata can be an absolute blast to drive on a twisty mountain highway. It doesn't matter if a modern 3 liter V6 4 door sedan is probably "faster". It doesn't have the handling balance and response the Miata does.

lmao what model and year.

>Get given shitty rental
>Why is it so shit
Holy fuck I bet you were educated in America.

I bet your kill streak sucks

2016 Corsa, only had 1000 miles on the clock

LOL the fuck you talking about.

GTA faggots GTFO

yes. are you talking about 2 million dollar race car?

CVT is actually very high performance. The Williams F1 team used it in F1. They rekt everybody and it was promptly banned.

youtube.com/watch?v=x3UpBKXMRto

CVT is the fastest of all, the problem is making one that can handle high amounts of power that doesn't need to be rebuilt every 500 miles. In F1 id didn't matter if it needed to be rebuilt every race.

When CVT can finally reliably handle supercar levels of power and last 100,000 miles all performance cars will use them. It keeps the engine at the peak power level the entire time.

normal automatic is slower but as you said dual clutch is faster as long as you know how the system works.

There are a lot of ammies in dual clutch trans cars who upshift while breaking and downshift while they are still on the gas

Can you guys actually give me tips?
Are you supposed to give it any gas before the clutch is out or only when it bites? How fast can you get off the clutch?

I tried twice in my life. I got stuck starting on a slope though.

>the fuck you talking about

Engine kept changing revs as it struggled to figure out what it should be doing.

Engine revs would shoot up, lower down again and then rev up.

In a manual on that hill I'd have stuck it in a lower gear and would have rolled down the hill at a pretty constant speed/revs

what?

Automatics and CVTs are banned in most race series. Race cars are bound by rules. There are many things street cars can use that race cars can't because of rule restrictions. Race cars aren't the perfect thing to use as the standard for what is "best" when it comes to performance.

I dont know how to drive manual

If you drive in L.A. you better know how to shoot motherfuckers in their face while you're driving or it's your ass.

It's because you faggots are too dumb for manual.

slowly let off the clutch until you feel the biting point, the point where the car is trying to move forward on its own. When you reach this point, slowly give it gas and slowly come off the clutch completely.

Fuck auto and manual.
Direct drive like in the Tesla/Regera is the way to go

hold brake down, clutch then shift. once you shift remove pressure on brake.

In the new corvette the auto is faster then the manual transmission. I would still pick the manual because it is more fun.

What is this sorcery exactly?

Uh oh, euro fag is triggered, someone get him some tea!

More gas in a petrol vs diesel

A bit before bite gives you a bit of help pulling away. In first you have to make sure you're moving a bit first before you can properly let go of the clutch. Once you're in the higher gears you can let go fairly fast.

On a slope you need more gas to keep the revs up

I even love MT cars but AT cars are faster, especially since they can shift gears much faster and more efficiently than MT cars.

It's 2017, AT have really progressed

>eurofag
>tea

Yuropoors drink coffee. They only drink tea in Bongistan

the first car i ever drove was a little manual honda. i loved that car when i was a kid, but now that i'm an adult living in the city, i have an automatic and am actually thinking about getting rid of that because of parking/traffic/etc. overpopulation's a bitch.

Joke being that murrikans buy asian cars. get learnt you yuropoor

I mean you're not even trying bud. Shifting doesn't take much effort. Nor do you constantly have to shift.

We did make a decent car first. Literally.

Speak for yourself nigga

If you're European, non British and drink Tea. YOU are in the extreme minority.

cvt are for scooters dsg is only good auto

I keep trying to go into race gear but it's making me go backwards. I think my gears are standard, do I need metric?

This. I've been putting serious thought into and i don't see the need for a car unless I have a family.

>b-but manuals are fun than automatic
BTFO

does somebody have that guy who enters a car and the gets confused when he sees the manual

Why is tea a British only drink? Is this some Hollywood myth?

Thanks. I just need to find a way to practice.

Britain were the first country to figure out how to grow it outside of China. They stole it from the Chinese after learning its secrets. It just never took very well to Europe like Coffee did.

*that gif with the
fuck

stick is superior in every way

>can coast down hills using no gas
>never have to replace a full transmission
>parts of the transmission last longer
>can burn out
>shifting makes you feel like a man

cvt are the worst only good for a scooter en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Direct-shift_gearbox

plenty of us can drive manuals.

America is bigger and more devloped than any single EU country. We are the 1st World, not some small shitty country with a village rapist.

We drive automatics for the convenience factor.

In 1908 Cadillac one the Dewar Trophy because they were the first company that could provide 8 cars, of which 3 were randomly selected. Take 3 engines totally apart, mix all the parts up, and then put 3 engines back together and all 3 worked.

Before that all parts were still slightly custom fit and you couldn't just mix and match stuff or toss in new parts.

>On Leap Year Day, 1908, a Saturday, the Royal Automobile Club's technical committee visited Anglo-American Motor Co.'s London showroom, where sat eight one-cylinder Cadillacs, all two-seat roadsters, fresh from the docks. The committee selected three, Nos. 23,391, 24,111 and 24,118. The cars were driven 50 miles, the last 27 representing 10 laps of the Brooklands speedway oval at an average of 34 mph.

The cars were then locked in a brick garage at Brooklands for the weekend, and on March 2, Bennett's mechanics started disassembling them. The mechanics were allowed to use only wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers and pliers, and working conditions were crude.

By Wednesday, the cars were in 721 pieces each, exclusive of the three frames. Piston rings were removed from pistons, rods from bearings; everything that could be taken apart was taken apart.

The club officers mixed the pile to obscure the identities of the parts (except the painted body parts, which were different colors), and the 2,163 parts were re-sorted into three piles from which three new cars were built.

autonews.com/article/19960626/ANA/606260750/standardized-parts-put-america-and-cadillac-on-a-pedestal

Because we had India.
The Dutch had Ceylon, which is why they drink tea too.
But most of india through japan drink tea.
It's more refreshing than coffee.

Are you telling me that britfags don't drive ford focus?

Your reminder that there are people ITT with only ONE gear stick in their car.

You floor it before releasing the clutch. It's the only way. You release the clutch very slowly and gently also.

Your reminder that nobody cares besides you what car you drive or what your car does

Each Police Force uses a variety.

My local county uses Skodas, Fords, Vauxhalls, BMW's.

So you admit that your police use ford vehicles.

>my auto Audi will hold any gear at whatever rpm until you shift it.
aren't you like...not going any faster but generating a shitload of wasted torque doing that

I live outside a city car enough I don't have to deal with that bullshit. I live within a mile of my work and only have 1 stoplight between my house and work.

I feel sorry for people that have to live in nigger infested urban shitholes and deal with traffic jams every day. I live within a 45 minute drive of a large city so I can go there when I need to. But other than that I enjoy my little crime free white suburb with no traffic.

Because they're cheap. Not because they're "good".

Uh. . . 6 comes after 5.

>It's more refreshing than coffee.
Yep. Also coffee messes with my sleep rhythm which is why I avoid it

Most Fords are the McDonalds of Cars.

In Europe, Ford stands for "Fix Or Replace Daily" or "Found On Road Dead".

So you admit that they use ford vehicles.

not the guy you're replying to and i understand this is Sup Forums and all, but if that's the case, it just makes your police seem like a bunch of dumbfucks for using them so regularly.

Regardless, Ford is a very popular make in Europe.

How does a government body using Fords conflict with the idea that Fords are terrible?

because we're constantly hearing about how great european government is?

>what is the 15% rule