Turntable/Vinyl general

Post setups/recent purchases/etc.

My current turntable is an AT-LP60, which people have said will at some point destroy my records. Is this only true if I play the same records really often or should I upgrade soon?

Other urls found in this thread:

uturnaudio.com/products/orbit-basic-turntable
platomania.nl/album/5019922/ok-computer-coloured-/radiohead
amazon.co.jp/dp/B07258ZT6C/ref=pe_492632_159100282_TE_item
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I mean it will do a little bit of a damage each time. Seeing as your paid for the album when you could have just listened to it on Spotify wouldn't you not want to do any damage?

Two of my prized possessions, both are original pressings, each is worth around 50-60, sometimes higher on the 'cogs

Record wear is a meme, you'd have to play it like a disney vhs to add noticeable noise to it. That being said, the sound is really not the greatest from them, you can't upgrade their parts, and if you're playing older records an adjustable counterweight can really help.

Pro-Ject currently has a trade-in promotion, I'm gonna bring in my old shit table and get a hundo off a nice new one

>crosley turntable on the pic related in a turntable general
/thread

that picture made me throw up all over my keyboard thanks for that

How is the Pro-Ject Essential II? The price is pretty appealing as a step up from the AT-LP60. Does it already include a cartridge/needle? I know I need to get a separate pre-amp.

Don't buy a belt drive

>tfw i don't even own a turntable and i just buy vinyl to get more money to the artist and to have something physical with a nice album cover

How dumb am i?

Cooooooool I'm always looking for End Of The World everywhere I go but no luck yet.

Our shitty hand-me-down turntable recently broke and I was gonna buy an Orbit soon for my SO's birthday, anyone have any experience with these, or a better recc?

uturnaudio.com/products/orbit-basic-turntable

You're sweet, just buy a turntable already tho, why not?

Both are rad albums. My most prized records are probably the original John Coltrane - Ascension (Edition I (John Coltrane had two takes of this record and he initially released the second take. He later came to regret this decision and decided to put out the first take. I got the original record with the second take on it.)) Discogs says it's worth around 150 bucks right now. I was lucky enough to get it for relatively cheap.

my recent purchases

collecting is not dumb

>that Duracell
Nice find. I am trying to find this one as well but it goes for at least 150 bucks on Discogs which is just too expensive for me

>reddit letter media mixed with redditwave

you need to go back towards that place.

bump

here's what i picked up last month for RSD
i've ordered a bunch of stuff since

I haven't bought anything since record store day either

i meant i have more stuff coming in the mail. a bunch of Flaming Lips EPs and the sunset tree and a satie record. I also bought the OKC boxset

i have the vinyl me please ROTM coming in the mail so i've been holding off until that arrives to buy more
did you get the blue OKC? i tried but they had sold out by the time i knew what was going on

not him but i was able to get a preorder for the blue OKC after all the main sites were sold out. i've seen some of the UK sites restock somce of them though. found a US indie store for mine

Current turntable is a Philips 977 along with an Demon PMA 520AE Amplifier. (Just bought an JVC JA-S77, just waiting for it to post) But I'm in the market for an new cartridge/needle for the turntable, since it still has the original Philips 412 cartidge. Any advice?

w2c Mista Thug?

CDs though

ATLP60s are a wonderful beginner's table. The vinyl hivemind ran out of steam for suitcase tables so they picked the next thing up, which is an actual turntable. Give about 5 years and they'll probably have sunk to shitting all over Pro-Ject or U-Turn Audio for some fucking stupid reason. The vinyl community is a double edged sword to be honest

Current setup:
AT-1240
Onkyo A-9010
Klipsch R-26 x2

I've been looking everywhere to see if the blue vinyl was in stock online with no luck.
If I can't find it, I'll probably just end up waiting till it ships and picking up the regular vinyl set.
There's no limit to that right?

just replace the stylius

here are a few you could try
amazon.co.jp/dp/B07258ZT6C/ref=pe_492632_159100282_TE_item

pretty sure they'll be available in stores on release date though. you could call your local record stores to see if they'll have it and could hold it for you
yeah, no limit with the regular vinyl

I literally know nothing about turntables and vinyl but I want to get into them. Can anyone recc a good starter turntable and speakers combo?

lp120 is relatively cheap but to be honest it doesn't really matter a lot. My first set-up was a yard-sale record player from the 70's and my dad's stero with speakers. You should visit r/vinyl (the reddit board) if you want an actual explanation of everything.

I have one. Seems to work well for me but I'm not a total audiophile sperg.

One thing I'll say is that the dust cover annoys the fuck out of me. It never wants to stay open when I'm trying to change records. It slams down on my hands all the time.

Yeah me neither, just want something decent and somewhat cheap. I feel like the dust cover is probably something you could rig to be more reliable, no? So you just have the basic? With or without preamp?

Hey guys.
I saw this turntable on amazon some days ago and I want to know if it's worth it.
If not, can you recc me some good turntables for less than $400 on amazon?

I've looked at it but I can't find any way to make it better without breaking some shit. Haha.

Yeah it's the basic. No preamp

This is probably a stupid question, but how do I check to see if our receiver has a preamp built in so that I don't have to have it included, or conversely if it was in the old turntable and I do?

I get good use of mine, but I've put more into upgrades than I spent on the original turntable

You'll want a cartridge/needle upgrade along with the necessary heavier counterweight, and you'll want to remove the built in preamp and use your own. Even if you throw the switch, it'll still route your sound through some of the capacitors the built in one uses, and compresses your sound some in addition to amplifying surface noise

I have the very same turntable OP,
I've been playing all kind of records, from the original '68 White Album to Lazaretto Ultra LP, Daft Punk's homework, Incesticide from Nirvana, Jon Hopkins, Max Cooper, Chopin, Bach, old folk records: it sounds very good.

It also depends on what kind of amp and mixer you have

bump