HOW DO THEY DO IT?!?

>It's been such a brutal year and yet there Disney is..... THRIVING

How?

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/03/avengers-age-of-ultron-profit-2015-box-office-marvel-universe-1201725562/
nypost.com/2016/07/20/sony-zaps-jobs-following-poor-results-in-us/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

By making 75% of your output a remake or sequel.

By making quality films people want to see.

Making good movies.

inb4 contrarians pretend those movies sucked, especially civil war

>child movies
>furry movies
>chad movies
>feminism-promoting movies

hmmm...

step 1: make good movies
step 2: collect money

Disney didn't make Marvel/StarWars
they just buy up shit that's already popular
watch them buyout pokemon next

had they made something original it would of flopped

>had they made something original it would of flopped

Zootopia

they are alright movies, but Civil war is the worst on that list

>le "rotten tomate is unbiased" meme xDF

I just really liked the other movies

Capeshit is garbage

like Frozen?

>the same faggots that are praising cuntbusters
opinion discarded

Going to be a top 5er

This. I give no credence to RT.

>Pixar
they took the best of Pixar to make their new animation team so Pixar are stuck with sequels

>spend a million dollars convincing a million people to go see your movie at around $10/ticket
>$9 mil profit

now just apply that to whatever disney with whatever budget and you have your answer

>so Pixar are stuck with sequels

>Finding Dory
>The Jungle Book
>Good
Poor sequel about autist fish and poor cgi theater of ugly kid is considered good nowdays? Pathetic

disney is raking in insane amounts of money. what is their plan? what's their next buy-up? are they seeking to diversify further? space industry?

If they buy Nintendo it's over.

Disney is the same case as Apple

they have so many investors
that they'll always support them
just to make sure they get their dividends

>I let other men make decisions for me

Now this is cuckoldry

>1.1 bil

The Evansposter is the CP spammer

why this post so poetic tho

Does your boyfriend also choose what you should wear too? Lol

Give the people what they want

>the mind of a 4channer
Kids dont follow "look at the cute bunny!" with "i want to shove my dick in it"

I made this chart. AMA.

whats poetic about it?

Japan would be like "disney who?" and raff them out of the office

By not having antagonistic marketing campaigns hoping to cash in on the anger of a minor demographic.

Well, First Avenger were shit anyway. The only good Marvel movies are IM1, WS and probably Avengers. Others are meh or shit.

They focus on quality.

t. Joe Russo

in 2 weeks finding dory will pass bvs

IF YOU DONT DELTE THIS I SWEAR IM GONNA FUCKING KILL NYSELF

Neither of those are Pixar movies. Disney doesn't make 2D animation anymore.

>Movie companies out there making 100+ million dollar movies because they care about quality and how good the movie is rated.

Get real, every movie studio out there is looking to make as much money as they can. They want in on that Cinematic Universe money. Why do you think 75% of studios are trying to start their own cinematic universe?

They don't care about quality. If you want quality go watch indie and low budget movies. Those are the ones that go for the awards, and are actually good engaging movies.

I watch Marvel movies because they're comic book movies, I don't try to delude myself in to thinking that they're a higher form of art. I enjoy them for the same reason I've enjoyed Comic Books. Hell, I stopped giving a shit about comic books recently because they're all a cluttered mess of sjws agendas getting shoved in every page.

/thread

How long did it take?

No, it would be more along the lines of: "ANIME IS A UNIQUE CULTURAL INVENTION OF THE JAPANESE WITHOUT WESTERN INFLUENCE, GET OUT OF MY OFFICE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" before they even said why they were there.

Same reason Playstation succeeds in video games. All of their competition is retarded.

>Avengers 2
>$1.5 billion w/ 750mil production/marketing

>Civil War
>$1.1 billion w/ 750 mil production/marketing

Marveldrones will defend their brand dying.

>Captain America 2 - 714 million

>Captain America 3 - 1.15 billion

Dude, i'd really love to believe this, but can you prove this numbers? Because from official sources it's like production is 250 and marketing is like 100-150. So it's very profitable.

deadline.com/2016/03/avengers-age-of-ultron-profit-2015-box-office-marvel-universe-1201725562/

>The brand is in the same place it was 3 years ago
user pls

>382 million profit from 1.5 billion turnover

Wew lad

S-shut up

Thx. Now I understand how Two days of Quiptron made so much money.
382 million is still nice tho.

How profitable MoS and BvS btw?

>How profitable MoS and BvS btw?

Both lost money.

>How profitable MoS and BvS btw?
No idea. No figures available

Why is it relevant? ;)

Provide credible sources and prove it otherwise you're meme-ing user

none of those movies are good tho, people just fell for the hype

Wow with those ###s, only 382M profit that's a high bar. But that's from only 1 property so I guess it's not too bad.

If BvS had similar costs but made $600M less it must've either broke even or been a loss for the studio, although Blu-Ray/DVD sales may help stem the losses or pad the $$$s somewhat.

>If BvS had similar costs
Not even close

Not trying to be a dick here, but do you remember the marketing blitz for AoU? It was ridiculous, nothing like BvS

I'd believe that MoS did. But BvS?
Because I want DCEU to survived till GL movie or, at least, some kind of reboot.

And it had Spiderman.

How did it not make more than ironman3

I'm not talking about marketing costs. I'm talking about the participation costs, foreign release costs, and foreign home entertainment costs (on top of whatever they paid in theater rental costs).

>I'm not talking about marketing costs. I'm talking about the participation costs, foreign release costs, and foreign home entertainment costs (on top of whatever they paid in theater rental costs).
The entire budget kinda blends together, it's difficult to find figures that breaks it down.

I'm assuming theater rental costs were similar (although lower for BvS) because they opened in roughly the same # of theaters, although BvS theater #s dropped pretty fast after the 3rd week.

Some dumb asses in here.

superhero film return investments charts

>WB/DC

And BvS has less return on investment than MoS.

If it ain't Nolan it doesn't make them much.

Marvel is pretty much king

And DEADPOOL.... MY GOD. though the sharp drop from deadpool to Apocalypse will be funny as hell.

BRUTAL

>Jonah Hex is a 2010 American post-Civil War science fiction Western film loosely based on the DC Comics character of the same name.[4] Distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, the film is directed by Jimmy Hayward and stars Josh Brolin as the title character, Jonah Hex, and also stars John Malkovich, Megan Fox, and Michael Fassbender. The film was released on June 18, 2010. It was heavily panned by critics and became a major box office bomb.

I never even knew this flick existed

>BvS will be on a downward trend lower than MoS

>Civil War will be on an upward trend higher than Ant-man, somewhere between gotg and Ultron.

>Apocalypse will CRATER downward, maybe lower than first class.

>Sony was absorbed by Marvel

kek

Homecoming should see a return to form for Sony thanks to the Marvel Studios magic though.

>implying that Memepool markenting wasnt x5 of production cost

This is return on investment dumbass. Hard facts.

Deadpool was a monster. 50 million in advertising, most of which on the internet, i.e. cheap would still keep it under 100 million. And marketing wasn't anywhere near 50 million. Hell they CUT 7 million from the production budget.

Deadpool is a small miracle.

One movie cannot save a studio, user. Sony's already made massive layoffs due to the Ghostbusters fiasco, which was supposed to be their summer "tentpole" and a turnaround after a long string of box-office failures.

nypost.com/2016/07/20/sony-zaps-jobs-following-poor-results-in-us/

I hope they sell the full rights to Marvel at some point,

>make movies that aren't shit
>people go to see them

HOW?? IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE

I never said all the items listed were related to one-another.
They're different reasons for why the movies are successful...
however, seeing as how you related those two, it does raise some questions about you.

You didn't like Al Bundy octopus? He alone made the movie worth watching.

This

>Star Wars FA - utter shit
>people still go to see it
So?

Making "kid movies" that parents don't mind seeing