Calm down, Mr. Robot Season 2 is bretty gud right?

Calm down, Mr. Robot Season 2 is bretty gud right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2Jc1wHlhEU
chess.com/forum/view/general/chess-games-in-tv-show-mr-robot
youtube.com/watch?v=lQdbz8bJLdE
youtube.com/watch?v=1Y2zo0JN2HE
youtube.com/watch?v=2JA2bv3AchI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So far it's been really boring. I know it's a slow-paced show but this feels worse than Season 1. Also, it's been all about "MUH MENTAL PROBLEMS SO PSYCHO AM I GOING CRAZY?" instead of fun hacking hijinks.

I hope it improves. Also, I feel like the long episode length might be dragging it down.

I'm having absolutely no problem with the current season. It's just 4 episodes in and it's already giving us a lot to work with and speculate on, despite the series being a slow burner.

It's a 7.5/10 for me so far.

Dropped after 2 episodes, it's just boring and the 1% that isn't boring is stupid.

i was actually scared they would start moving too quickly in this show.

i'm very happy it's a slow as fuck slow burn

I hope so I'm binge watching season 1 right now on episode 4 but so far it's been interesting enough this episodes slow with the whole every one is on drugs episode

It's great, the direction in general has matured a lot from S1, don't really mind that it's less about the hacking since the show was never really that focused on it in the first place, but it was obviously just tying up the S1 finale and Elliot's character for the madness that's going to ensue starting next ep.

I think it's quite good. I agree that there do need to be some plot developments soon but I think that the ending of 4 indicates that exactly that is going to start occurring. It's also a 12 episode season so I think spending the first third in the way that they have is totally justifiable. There have been some beautiful, moving sequences already and I think it's off to a good start.

I must say though I haven't taken E in like 8 years and haven't snorted a pill in 5 and as I watch this sipping my vodka and pineapple juice it makes me want to crush up some perks and snort them lol

It has it's moments but mostly its crap especially the Craig Robinson stuff. He's a really bad actor. Very wooden

It's slowly becoming very strong. The first 2 episodes where average, but I think the latest one was pretty good.

Craig Robinson is a damned good actor though

I disagree, he's actually been pretty good imo, really didn't expect it from him.

that said he's not exactly had much to go on.

It's OK so far but that chess scene was pure cringe if you know how to play chess.

which part was cringe? the stalemate thing? I mean yeah it was heavy-handed as hell but the entire show is.

No, the actual game.
Pay attention to the initial moves they make (and repeat etc).

In case anyone missed it

He was actually decent when he was pretending to be a good guy, but his character's other persona is really wooden and not intimidating at all compared to the other "villains" on the show

chess.com/forum/view/general/chess-games-in-tv-show-mr-robot
2nd comment down, seems they were just famous chess scenarios put on the screen.

I WANT TO BE INSIDE DARLENE RIGHT NOW

I mean okay but are you seriously that big a sperg? I don't want to be mean but there is no point in bringing your knowledge of the real world into a tv show. It literally has no bearing on anything that you're witnessing. How could that kind of detail ever effect your impression of a show or movie's quality? It's so silly.

This scene is depressing as shit despite being so simple, really came out of nowhere
youtube.com/watch?v=lQdbz8bJLdE

Looks like they out-chessed you, nerd.

I guess you could say the same to this: youtube.com/watch?v=1Y2zo0JN2HE

See this is an actual response

So Elliot is pretty much definitely in some sort of mental health clinic right?

I'm not able to watch that right now but whatever its contents, it really doesn't matter to me. Verisimilitude in trivial minutia on screen means absolutely nothing to me. I was a lit major and characters on-screen always sound like retards when they talk about books but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's a made up world. Don't assume that fiction needs to accurately reflect reality, it doesn't.

I really hope that isn't the case. I mean I see all the obvious parallels but I really hope they're just red herrings. That would suck.

Same, sort of, but I wouldn't really mind if he is in one then he leaves early.

That said the next episode has Joanna/Tyrell's bodyguard assistant presumably kidnapping Elliot so perhaps not.

>LOL IM CUHRAYZEEEEE
>NotAnonymous™
>let me create a GUI in visual basic
>dude IRC is for 1337 hackers only xDDD

>he still thinks this is a show about hacking

>replying

yeah if he gets out of it early that would be okay. I do think they are likely red herrings though. Esmail, I'm sure, is fully aware that everyone watching this season is going to be desperately seeking out manifestations of the insanity. The things we've seen so far seem to be too obviously pointing in that direction.

I would love it if they are red herrings, sort of to subvert the idea of another easily-discovered "twist" like in S1 (even though that was meant to be transparent)

>fatty comes back for that part

It's about a wew MOM'S GONNA FREAK lad

one of the most beautiful scenes of the season so far I'd say

You do know you're still inside me, right?

Darlene gets me hard as fuck.
>ywn be inside her

Is Robbinson's character supposed to be the new Vera or what?
Also, agent Del Piero or whatever what's her name is new best girl
The part with her masturbating what hot as fuck imo

>s1 - stupid but kind of hectic in a good way
>s2 - boring AND stupid

I bet Vera will kill Robinson's character when he comes back to repay Elliot.

dont worry bro you'll get your eb1n h4x0r scenes soon

It shouldn't take half a fucking season for a show to get moving. If I'm watching stupid shit that I can't take seriously, it better have some tension at least.

1/3rd of a season you mean.

there's been plenty of tension.

>new black guy
>work for me, Elliot
>5 hours later
>work for me, Elliot
>Elliot
>I am me and my dad at the same time!
>5 hours later
>get out, dad!
>blonde chick who looks like a BLACKED model
>I'm the bestest of the best that has ever been
>5 hours later
>I'm the beeeeeeest
>new FBI woman
>schlick, schlick, schlick
>5 hours later
>still not sure where they're going with this character
I actually prefer slow moving stories. In this one, the slow pace isn't utilized properly, and not much happens in the story. Just like that Preacher show.

I've been recommended this show by a friend, but the main actor seems like such a faggot. Should I listen to my friend or just stick to my guns?

wew lad

Rami is a good senpai.

>he hasnt seen The Pacific

youtube.com/watch?v=2JA2bv3AchI

PLEB
L
E
B

The actor is definitely good, the character - not so much, but the things that happen TO him are even worse. For example, In the very first it's established that he is extremely antisocial. Yet in the same episode, 30 minutes in, he has sex with his neighbor. The scene is absolutely pointless because his romantic relationship with that girl is developed from the scratch some episodes later. I can't think of a reason to force that scene into the episode other than the fact that the studio thought they'd scare away the 'smart college kids' audience by making him a complete social reject that can't function on a basic social level, you know, that "creepy" guy on campus type of deal. The guy flinches at the touch of people he knows, yet he can have sex alright. Makes no sense.

You've severely misunderstood his character

ok

It was a pity-fuck and she was just using Elliot to get away from her abusive BF.

Her entire character is supposed to be the one girl that is willing to accept Elliot for who he is. That's what makes her death so sad.

Him getting laid was just set up her character, it had nothing to do with Elliot until the flashback showed that she actually made an effort to get to know him.

;_;

Plus he was on morphine and ecstasy which will explain why he would've been somewhat more extroverted, Shayla probably offered him that for that purpose and she's shown to be somewhat sexually promiscuous and not right in the head.

I really miss her.

watch this and feel

>you'll never tell fatty "everything's gonna be alright"

Are they going to kill new best girl FBI agent too?

if they do I doubt it'll be this season, I'm hoping she doesn't join forces with Elliot though.

JUST DIE IN MY SLEEP ALREADY

This season has been quite trash imotbh. Episode 4 was the only decent one. Mr Robot's origins was neato. Season one was actually thrice as good as this so far though.

10 points to dark skinned CTO guy for being an absolute fucking boss though, man that guy is great. Honestly, no memery, one of my favorite characters.

Actually S1 up until this point was pretty average, Ep1 was solid, but ep2, 3 and 4 were much slower.

It's starting to get good now.

>starting

I actually love how corny and silly it's been getting. It seems to take itself 100% seriously while still being incredibly campy and ridiculous, I love it. The show reminds me a lot of this kind of dumb shit you see in all those retarded cop drama csi clones except it's played with a modicum of intelligence. It's cheesy but entertaining and not cringey and painful.

Also the adderall scene in the third episode was brilliant.

> chess
Chess is for the weak.
Real men play Go.

I bet I could beat you with the power of L.O.V.E.