IT'S NOT DEAD YET

IT'S NOT DEAD YET

>True Detective isn’t dead yet.

>New HBO programming chief Casey Bloys says the pop culture phenomenon-turned-critical punching bag is still being considered for another round – though Bloys hinted showrunner Nic Pizzolatto could move to a supervisory role with somebody else taking the lead on the show’s writing.

>Bloys, talking to reporters at the Television Critics Association’s press tour in Beverly Hills on Saturday, was asked about the show’s fate.

>“It is not dead,” Bloys said. “I talked to Nic about it and both Nic and HBO are open to another season. I don’t think Nic has a take and he’s working on some other projects. We’re open to somebody else writing it and Nic supervising it. It’s a valuable franchise, it’s not dead, we just don’t have a take for a third season yet.”

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/07/30/true-detective-season-3
jaysanalysis.com/2015/08/11/the-hidden-meaning-of-true-detective-season-2/
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G1-naILjjT4#t=89
youtube.com/watch?v=GEsJOX866OI
youtube.com/watch?v=KrA4f_9yq0U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

forgot the link
ew.com/article/2016/07/30/true-detective-season-3

bump

>though Bloys hinted showrunner Nic Pizzolatto could move to a supervisory role with somebody else taking the lead

>yfw it's Cary Fukunaga who takes over

i don't care about this shit just spend this money on GoT

No. They need to fuck off. They will just try to do S1 again and fail again too.

Here's how it should go: each season is completely different. We don't need Rust and derivative copies of him all over again. We don't need atheism and general edginess. Even if S2 wasn't complete shit, I think still would've disliked it because of how hard they were trying to recapture Rust in every scene.

Cary's working on that Napoleon adaptation.

I'm not sure how to feel about this at all. S2 was good, and people disliked it for the wrong reasons i.e. expecting S1. I really, really hope this doesn't mean they're going to try and completely ape S1.

>I think still would've disliked it because of how hard they were trying to recapture Rust in every scene.

This is what I mean by disliking it for the wrong reasons.

>no season set in 80s Vegas
>no season set in modern Chicago
>no season set in 70s New York
>no season set in 80s Florida
>no season set in 90s Seattle
>"we don't have a take"

Dummies.

BRING FUKUNAGA BACK

SET IT IN THE SOUTH

ONLY 2 DETECTIVES

SPOOPY CASE

>80s Vegas
>90s Seattle

these could both be cool

>to recapture Rust in every scene.
please tell me which character was Rust

the closest was Frank, and if you didnt realise he was meant to be a pretentious twat then oh dear

S3 should be set in appleaychins

I liked season 2 a lot, so I'd like to see it continue. There's so many things they could do with a show like this.

Everyone. Except maybe the fag.

this

set it in some white trash semi-abandoned town up in the mountains

>SEASON 1 WAS GOOD DO THAT AGAIN

i hate faggots like you

they were all Rust, heavy-drinking, bleak, pseudo-philosophical platitude spewing edge-lords all 4 of the mains, it was embarrassing

THE WAR WAS LOST

was there any (pseudo)-occult stuff in season 2? i didn't watch it, but i remember some people with crow's masks and whatnot.

Salt Lake City in the mid-80s.

Nobody knows what the fuck S2 was about.

>Casper knew this.

Heavy-drinking is a quality exclusive to Rust? You heard it here first, everybody! You can no longer have a heavy-drinking character without it looking like Rust. Pseudo-philosphical platitude spewing characters? All exclusive to Rust. Never been done, ever before. Let's also ignore the fact that it was completely different. user solved it, everyone go home.

hey I live in salt lake city

if they give pizza 10 years and find him a swamp with tons of real murders it might be good.

galveston is a great novel. season 1 is a mastepiece of tv. but that is all he has in him. let the man move back to the hitchcock swamps and die rich in obscurity.

>90s Seattle
>grunge opening theme
>starring Javier Bardem and John Goodman
>directed by Richard Linklater

Get rid of Pizza and bring back Corey to direct the entire season.

There was no occult stuff at all in season 2. The episode 2 crow was a red herring.

S1 was great, S2 was great, hopefully they don't just try to captured S1 again, not really sure where it could go though, hopefully not in some nigga story.

There was, but it was much more subtle.

jaysanalysis.com/2015/08/11/the-hidden-meaning-of-true-detective-season-2/

THE SHOW WAS LOST
NO CONTRACTS SIGNED
I WAS NOT KEKED
BUT MANY TRIED
I WAS NOT KEKED
BUT NEVERMIND

They need to do a period piece, but keep the occult themes from season one.

I want an 80s investigation into an animal mask wearing Miami serial killer, that eventually leads to a Russian occult conspiracy.

Oh fuck off.

Sounds fun.

>showrunner Nic Pizzolatto could move to a supervisory role with somebody else taking the lead on the show’s writing

Great.
Now take David Milch as a writer and you could make it.

THIS IS THE PROBLEM

Everyone wanted S1 from S2. Now that S3 is going to happen the people who just want a repeat of S1, without taking ANY OF THE LESSONS FROM IT are just clambering for another S1. Actual fucking plebians.

S2 could have been good but they just had way to many fucking plotlines that it a complete mess.
If S2 had just stuck with Ray and Vinces plots and maybe intertwined them a little more it would have been fine.

bleakness is the theme of the show, and how each character deals with it.

nobody was spewing philosophy, unless thats what you think a metaphor is. Frank did this a lot because he was a navel gazer who thought he was this huge fish in a small pond. one guy was enough to bring it all crashing down, and Frank was never really in a position of strength again

don't be coy, Rust was a fan-fav for all those qualities and for the the 4 main characters in the following season to all exert those qualities was lazy and pandering, eat shit cocksucker

>they just had way to many fucking plotlines that it a complete mess.
No not really, it was complex but it should have been, it was dealing with far-reaching corruption.

I want some Point Break inspired shit. That's a culture that's not explored in a lot of media. Like Point Break style, but instead of bank robbing master planning, a little more sinister. Maybe not LA or Cali, but North Carolina/Virginia beaches, which would get the setting back to the south as well without completely aping S1. Just imagining aerial shots going from swamp/farmland to ocean blue, then a fucked up corpse washing up on some family beach in NC. God damn.

And fuck it, I'll take it a step further, cast Keanu.

Oh I don't deny that S2 has problems. Its primary problem is too many protagonists. L.A. Confidential is a similar story about corruption in the police force and it only focuses on Guy Pearce and Russel Crowe and that's a great fucking film. The complex plotline was fine, it's a story about corruption behind closed doors.

Coy? You're the one saying heavy-drinking and pseudo philosophical babble, (or you know, conversations), are exclusive to Rust's character only. As if it has never been done before. You're also ignoring the fact that it is completely different. Velcoro's son is still alive, unlike Rust's daughter. Velcoro at first doesn't give a single solitary fuck about doing the right thing about the case, unlike Rust. Rust isn't a gay, etc. You're being a fucking idiot man.

Just make it be time traveling cops. Have it be soo far removed from anything season 1 that comparisons can't be brought up

sorry i was wrong

>Nic Pizzolatto could move to a supervisory role with somebody else taking the lead on the show’s writing.
But it just won't be the same without Plagiarillo's writing

All the True Detective funding should go directly to Ballers

no one wants a repeat of season 1. we just don't want a drifting into the moonlight capeshit plot.

ray was cool. frank was cool. fat pussy was cool. that was the story. then they shoved in a faggot that did nothing and a strong female that survived.

how fucking stupid are you? no one wants season one. season two was legitimately bad, and I think in purpose. if someone came in and said "put a faggot and a strong woman as main characters" what would you do?

pizza wrote it about frank and ray originally

The occult themes were the most fun part of season one. They need to bring them back.

The only reason they weren't present in season two was pizza's saltiness over accurate plagarism claims. You can clearly see this, as the first episode started with a bird mask man killing people, and then the writing did everything it could to distance itself from episode one.

Great, so it'll turn into quip fest GOT garbage.

a non-modern time period would be cool, but either expensive or limited in the kind of things they could show within a budget.

season 2 was good.

S2 was fucking trash.

That means we can do this again

POST YOUR TD S3 CAST/THEME SONG/SETTING

>Alaskan town, Eskimo people are being killed left and right
>William Hurt, the seasoned veteran
>Ryan Philipe, his new partner
>Ryan Philipe has an Eskimo wife

youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=G1-naILjjT4#t=89

Hello, pleb.

Season one maybe could have been good without the occult. The two leads had enough chemistry to carry anything.

But season two showed what true detective is without the good acting and interesting occult themes: a fucking boring as shit run of the mill police procedural. A genre that was mastered by William shatner decades ago.

>disliking it for the wrong reasons
I didn't know you were the authority on how you should dislike or like something. Fucking retard, you are reddit to the core.

Hello, pleb.

I would like to see a 3rd season. It doesn't have to be like season 1, being different wasn't season 2's problem it was being shit.

Season 2 was based as fuck, fuck these plebs. Detective characters should drink heavy and have minor drug problems.

It already exists, it's called True Detectice season 1, directed by Fukunaga.

Fucking hell, what a bright spark you are.

Rustice was served in S1 and S2 should have been about going after the actual Big Bad, the senator who was part of the cult. It was perfect, it was a dream. Pizzaman took it away from us

If you're implying that people in this life can't be wrong about something then I don't know what to tell you.

Gay cop and Antigone, forced or not, furthered the story's theme about accepting who you are. Gay cop was more forced than anyone, but it worked. Pizza had to spell it out for god's sake

>If you had just been honest about who you are, you wouldn't have gotten blackmailed like this

Antigone, forced or not, was wonderfully done. Puts on a front, is a scared little shit who actually liked being molested and projects this irrational hatred of men onto people. Her experiences with Velcoro allow her to accept that not all men are pricks, and she actually gives herself to him, and gives HIM forgiveness for his transgressions.

>heavy drinking
Ally Mcbeal
Velcrox2

>bleak
everyone but they are all bleak for different reasons, and they dont act the same way in response to the bleakness

>pseudo-philosophical
Franky

pretty shit critique bro

nice argument. there were redeeming parts of s2, and it is far better than any season of castle or ncis. but compared to season 1 it is trash.

lets magically steal the perfect papers and rescue annie as we drift into the moon.....

do you also think the fast and furious franchise is kino?

>All the True Detective funding should go directly to Game of Thrones
I'm glad we can agree on that.

>muh spaghetti monster ending

That shit was the first telltale sign that most of the people watching True Detective are fucking retards. No wonder season 2 wasn't popular.

Just watch the Red Riding trilogy. That's if you want to see true detective set in Britain. The police corruption in it is pretty terrifying.

you're the pleb here, kid

Hey thanks for this man.

>police corruption
well it's the north, so they do what they want

Rev up those subtitles websites m8

fag bike cip added nothing. if you need modern bullshit issues shoved in your face then you are a moran.

annie did add some relevance in that she helped to heal ray. all men who have done things have done horrible things. and quite literally the only release is a woman. but annie was a shit character and should not not have been focused over ray.

I do agree that gay cop could be cut and not a whole lot would change. Shame because Taylor Kitsch is a decent actor. S'why I hope they stick to two true detectives for S3.

>I WANTED SEASON TWO TO BE LIKE SEASON ONE

>LET'S HAVE SEASON THREE BE LIKE SEASON ONE

Fuck this gay earth

>I WANT GOOD THINGS
yeah fuck that

This. I want more trash like Season 2.

I hope they end up doing that Big Lebowski comedy like idea Nic had for the third season, which he said would be the last.
Also, what the fuck is he doing? They already finished that western remake, and he's adapted the screenplay of his own book which shouldn't be too hard. Only other thing I can think of is that untitled 2018 project but that's highly unknown at this point.

>not realizing Ray was a Rist knock off with his constant moaning into the tape recorder and telling McAdams not to suck robot dick

Make it sort of like a Top of the Lake rip off.

TRUE DETECTIVE S3
1 ROOKIE POLICE OFFICER, 2 DETECTIVES
1920s
REVOLVES AROUND THE BEHEADING OF A TOP MOBSTER IN THE ALCOHOL TRADE

No worries. Make sure you watch them in the right order.

Not interested if Pizza isn't writing it. Just give the man a decent amount of time to come up with a story like S1 and it will be fine.

Also would be preferable if they stuck to one director throughout a season instead of a bunch of shitty HBO tier ones.

I don't mean to be a SJW here but I'd be okay with Debra Granik directing an 8 episode order about 2 female detectives/cops.

This is kind of what Bloodlines is supposed to be.

> Cast Daddario
> Show Everything
> $$$

AND WE SHOW IT

WE SHOW ALL OF IT

FULL PENETRATION

this Cast:
Keanu Reeves
Jaime Pressly
Idris Elba
Tye Sheridan (and some other younger casts to round out the "surfer" crowd)

Theme:
Either this - youtube.com/watch?v=GEsJOX866OI
or this - youtube.com/watch?v=KrA4f_9yq0U

> 1970's South West
> Mexican Drug Cartel Turf Wars
> Santeria undertones
> white flight
> Sheriff dept on the take
> Guy Pearce and Russel Crowe

I like these "hypothetical" threads

THere was going to be a ton of it in the original S2 concept (it had been described being centered on the 'hidden occult history of the american railroads", but that got scrapped for what we got.

Season 2 is still worth a watch though: not as good as season 1, but i suspect in a decade it'll be pretty highly regarded as well. Will just take time to be appreciated.