15 years after the first installment, does this still holds up?

15 years after the first installment, does this still holds up?

mostly. some of the CG is a bit questionable, but overall, it's still the best adventure ever put on screen.

Idk, it is boring as fucking hell, but it has a meditating effect.
You can space out for 4 hours and bore yourself to death, but life kinda sucks less...

Nothing has come close when it comes to fantasy movies.

Was taken over by a show.

Yes it holds up, but there's way too much emphasis on the battles and fighting in RotK, which I think brings it down a little. Fellowship and Two Towers are still 10/10 fantasy kino.

The question is: Extended or theatrical?

And that show being?

Another thing that really pisses me off about the movie, is that it would've been really good without the whole part about the ring.

Getting the ring to mordor is the most boring shit ever, but the rest is pretty cool.

Fellowship was easily the best of the 3

He's talking about Game of fucking Plebs. Otherwise known as Filler: The show.

That's not a question.

Extended is the only thing you should ever watch.

No and they are easily the most overrated films of all time.

Extended is overrated. 50% of them are garbage or don't add anything.

this, sadly we seem to be in the minority

This my friend, is a _____

>Thinks he's in the minority saying Fellowship is the best

Nigga you're in the majority. Pretty much everyone likes Fellowship the best, because it is the best.

Watching TNT are we

I like TT better. Honestly, I'm quite bored by the final battle with the Uruk-Hai in Amon Hen while the relationship between Frodo and Sam is more fleshed out in the 2nd movie; plus Gollum adds a great drama aspect to their arc.

Big Guy?

The first reply is the best reply

>nothing personnel kid: The character.

This isn't 2004 anymore. Majority of people think Fellowship is the best even if RotK got all the oscars

Just finished watching the Hobbit trilogy, which I'm still conflicted about.

I liked it for what it is though, but Jackson can't help but fuck things up. You can tell he lost his focus from the first trilogy even more, it was less about the content and more about non-fan pleasing.

Still at the end when Bilbo is sitting back at home and it flashes forward to older Bilbo answering the door to Gandalf, I couldn't help but get hardcore feels.

Fuck sake Peter, you could have made something even more special than the first time round but you fucked it up.

You had the technology, you had the budget but you turned it into a PG friendly normie fuck fest.

I don't know where he plans to go from here, they're not handing over the rights to anything else.

I wonder if he'll make an epilogue to what happens after Frodo, Bilbo and Gandalf leave. Would it even be worth watching? Magic and myth steadily departs from the land, what hardships are there left except a few lingering orcs etc.

Who knows, at least Jackson will find a reason to make it even stupider.

I just pretend that everything after they encounter the spiders in the forest is a dream and didn't happen. It's best that way.

Even if he got the rights to what was left in the estate, how exactly is he going to film something like the silmarillion? He aint.

yes, a big guy for you

Rewatching the whole thing for the extended is a bit tedious though.

I've heard all PJ does it tie up things in a bad way anyway.

That's it mate, no one will be remaking any 'canon' stuff anymore.

It's all downhill from here as they find ways to make alterations and completely non-canon spin offs.

If you think low-fantasy like Game of Thrones could ever take over high-fantasy like LotR then you are very mistaken.

GoT won't be remembered in 10 years.