...... Dafuq?

TANAKA IS KAWAII

twitter.com/Pokemon_cojp/status/798542369884807170

Mfw giants win it in 2017

late night Aussie ball:

youtube.com/watch?v=ETBdYjfCS_k
youtube.com/watch?v=Ntagh-DNQFI

>tfw odd year meme begins

I think this is like the second time I've seen him smile.

Oldf*g here
Remember when le throw it really hard man threw it really hard? Lmao

Randy Johnson?

>tfw Tanaka was the ball boy for a rival club at the same koushien (HS baseball tournament) where Maeda was the mvp of the tournament
>tfw Tanaka wins the Koushien the year after

youtu.be/RhOzh7DH8hk?t=6m13s

Walter Johnson?

Johnson & Johnson?

As a Dodgers fan
>tfw when no one to play 1st, 2nd, 3rd, LF, or RF
>tfw the best relief pitcher is named Grant Dayton
>tfw all the starting pitchers after Kershaw are either mediocre or injury prone or both
>tfw losing the 2nd best hitter, 2nd best pitcher, and top 2 relief arms from the 91 win team

Urias will improve. And he'll be there the whole season this time so the rotation improves. Dodgers have some good prospects that might come up and fill those spots, plus you're exaggerating about the problems the Dodgers face.

can't notice a pun on trout? the top headline? the hungry/spacing out gook in the op image?

Yes, Urias playing a full season will surely make up for losing 10+ WAR.

Please never make the thread again.

Oh no, all hope is lost.

>plus you're exaggerating about the problems the Dodgers face.
It's a sad SF shitposter who is very sad and very lonely & loves to roleplay.

So awards are out, is the next real scheduled HAPPENING winter meetings in a few weeks?

How does MLB feel about the possible rule changes?

What are they going to fuck up now? Will pitchers need to wear helmets because of the 0.005% chance a ball might hit them in the head?

Possible roster spots changed from 25 to 26 but then the 40 man roster would get bumped down to 28 or some shit, just saw them talking about it on the network

Report: Cespedes wants to go to Mets the most, Phillies have no chance at all

Uhhh
What the fuck

Are the Astros the real deal now? They could win it all.

Not sure McCann and Reddick turn the atros into a contender. They still need starting pitching depth.

>the Yankees now only have 5 players born before 1985
Getting there

That's kind of how rebuilds work...

you might sign Beltran back though

I hope Trump builds 2 walls.
Don't come to Yankee Stadium, ever.
I think he comes back and EE stays in Toronto or goes to Boston

I'll be pissed if Cashman signs EE. I don't see the logic of signing an aging slugger and losing a first round draft pick while you're in the middle of a rebuild.

>guys our players are so young now pay attention to the Yankees!!!
Next.

I agree.

Astros are so fucking stupid. CashGod strikes again.

They need to get rid of a certain pitcher now and things will be great.

but >we don't want to sign EE for that many years

You mean getting rid of the best 8th inning low pressure guy in the majors? Fat chance..

WAIT UH SEKKIND
>fat chance
I see wut ya did dere, oghkay?

ITT: We post players that will/should've gone into the Hall of Fame as Braves. I'll start.
>Babe Ruth
>Greg Maddux :)
>Kenny Lofton
>David Ross
>Graig Nettles
>Mark Teixeira
>Derek Lee
>Gaylord Perry
>Melky Cabrera
>Dennis Martinez
>Ben Sheets
>Bret Boone

Anyone else?

>Primetime

they're going all in on the 2017 meme and it's going to crash and burn spectacularly

I hope at least one of these new Yankees names/trips are ironic

I'm here to stay honey baby

Hey Mike, long time caller, first time listener. Do you think de Blasio should throw the Wilpon family into the slammer? I mean all of them. Even the little babies.
I'll hang up and let you talk. Thanks.

>Tom Ricketts to reach out to Steve Bartman 'at the right time'
If the plan is to offer Bartman the chance to throw out the first pitch for next season and he says no, I'm pretty sure everyone is going to turn on him. Since hiding is one thing, but thinking it will just go away and not needing closure is something else entirely.

Just show up, throw the pitch and vanish again.

Listen lose duh numbah, oghkay?
It doesn't even get in duh aiuh, oghkay?

Uhhhhhhhh..... Mike in New Haven, wuts up Mike

>Hey bro, hows it going

Mike grow up, oghkay?

Lol what? Bartman doesn't owe you people anything. If he wants to hide he can hide.

Careful m8
Once you trip, your life will dip

The only idiots who would "turn on him" are the same idiots who called for his death 13 years ago

What a selfish way of looking at things. You must be a 'fan' for a team that didn't win the worlds eries this year.

I'm fucking around now. I might trip in the Yankee game threads next year.

The only reason you fags want to have bartman partake in the celebration is so you can rid yourself of guilt. You completely fucked up the guys life.

>be canadian
>throw garbage on the field

dont do it m8. we have enough trips

that's not an argument

What does a couple retards throwing beer on the field have to do with an entire stadium wanting to cause physical harm to someone? Is this how you rationalize things?

There are literally 0 Yankees trips

Next year I'll post hot guys to balance out your hot chick

Are you admitting to being the booty blasted roastie from this year?

Unironically I think the Yankees have the most in the ALE.

It's fact, baseball is not soccer. Stop throwing garbage?

>A couple of people
The leafs would have killed bartman if it happened at the Skydome. You threw beer cans at a baby

Not me man.

>The leafs would have killed bartman if it happened at the Skydome. You threw beer cans at a baby

this desu

>b-but canadians
that's still not an argument

Yeah, I was just memeing. I think we have more trips than any other team in general

>I have to project in order to deflect such disgusting behaviour
Keep justifying how much of a subhuman you are.
>inb4 not a cubs fan

Its to be expected. Yuckees have their main market and practically every undecided area here. AND the rest of the globe where an NYY cap is a fashion icon.
Not ruling out others. Most O's i think just go user these days. The last time I saw our old trips was during the Machado-Ventura fight. Boston has a few, and so do Jays. But a lot of the names I've seen in our game breads have been there for awhile.

Bartman wouldn't have been hated like he was if he didn't look like a huge loser. If he looked like the normie dude who was right next to him also reaching for the foul ball, they probably wouldn't have been so hard on him.

Really makes you think.

If I'm the who's I'm at the point where I am closing up shop until someone gets real. I mean it could just be the fans but if front offices around the league agree is that Dansby Swanson isn't worth Chris Sale I'm going to be that GM that pony's up. I'd be a bit more reticent to trade a guy like Seager or Gary Sanchez (though I'd probably still do it for Sanchez) for Sale, but the idea that Bentinendi&Moncada (combined), Bregman, Swanson, Turner, Urias etc. aren't worth three years of maybe the most talented pitcher in the game is fucking retarded.

The shine is going to wear off most of these guys sooner rather than later, and in three years those teams will be kicking themselves that they didn't sell high on them now for Sale when it was possible. I think there's a possibility a GM wakes up and realizes this, and a deal gets done, but until then I am in actual disbelief at what is considered untouchable nowadays.

>cusb fans are still disgusting people
what a surprise

I'm a Bawston fan, and I'd be ok with a deal for Sale centered around Moncada. He looked like a steaming pile of dogshit late in the season and the so-called "Cuban Phenoms" have almost never panned out (Pweeg, Yasmany Tomas, Jose Abreu [he was OK but not as good as hyped], etc). >We should trade Moncada and a few other lower level guys for Sale and sign Turner to play 3rd.

Idk if that would be enough. I would imagine the white sox would also want major league players as well. I can't see them not wanting jbj. They desperately need a centre fielder and I would imagine they're eyeing jbj.

Reminder that the Cubs are the bad guys of /mlb/

Moncada, Benintendi, Swihart and some of the classic "flawed but talented" arms from the belly of the Red Sox system probably gets it done. Who's get three guys they can pencil into the starting lineup next season and some pitching depth, Red Sox get the ace that will make them near unbeatable (as much as one can be) in postseason play.

Keep JBJ, keep Mookie...the MLB team is just as good as it was last year.

As long as Nintendo doesnt get touched, that guy is the real deal

>Red Sox get the ace that will make them near unbeatable (as much as one can be) in postseason play.
I thought the red sox already had 5 aces?

>David "Not worth the" Price

I would be more willing to trade jbj than tendies but that's just preference. Betts could probably take over center while tendies and swihart could field the corners.

Your trade offer has a lot more upside but it's also much riskier. I'm really interested to see how teams approach sale and/or archer.

>Benintendi

If I'm Dave I'm gonna try my very hardest to not allow him to get away, he actually looked great and could be a valuable outfield piece for the future. I would say something like this:

CWS gets: Yoan Moncada, Blake Swihart, Marco Hernandez, Henry Owens, Rusney Castillo

BOS gets: Chris Sale

i don't think you get sale without supernintendi tbqh

Whos fan here, I'd rather have Bradley desu

I think you can but you'll have to swap out Rusney and Owens for Kopech and Devers to make it happen.

I wonder if Moncada, JBJ and Swihart straight up gets it done. Its actually a solid deal for both sides and I'm of the mind that Moncada is overrated.

Youre out of your trees. I know it's the white sox but no way are they gonna give up Sale for two Cuban busts, a pitcher whose afraid to throw and two backup position players.

>jbj, moncada, swihart
Yeah I was actually thinking something along those lines. The main pieces are jbj and moncada though so really you'd just need a few complementary players to sweeten the deal. Depends if the who's wanted more upside prospects or lower ceiling major league ready players like swihart.

matt harvey for a bunch of red sox prospects WHEN

I think Swihart is all the sweetening you need w JBJ instead of Benintendi. It was mentioned at the deadline that the who's wanted JBJ or Betts (lel) for Sale and Dombrowski told them to pound sand. Stands to reason they like JBJ more than Tendi.

Jbj is the safer choice because he's proven to be a major league player. Tendies is still a prospect and completely capable of busting or underachieving. He could also be the best player in the baseball in 2 years. Depends what GMs want. Personally I would want tendies but I'm really skeptical they'd trade him.

I think both benintendi and moncada are overrated, both would take up most of the value of any trade and I don't think that's worth it.
I'd like something like
bradley, swihart, rodriguez, devers

>ANDREW CASHNER

lol this team will be 3rd place in the ALW all year

Woah dude E-rod? Nah E-rod is in a comfortable position to do extremely well next year as long as he stays healthy. I cant think of a reason to give him up. Maybe instead of that another pitching prospect like Kopech?

not that guy but that's part of why I said Owens as a pitching commodity, he hasnt been good but at least he has major league experience and maybe not having to pitch at Memeway Park could help get his career on track

What did Dave Dombrowski mean by this?

i guess the Price wasn't right

I'd rather have Devers than Moncada teebeeaych but I still do this deal.

With the Sale the Red Sox get a very good chance at:
-winning ALE the next 3 years straight
-winning a WS simply because Sale goes HAM and dominates everyone
-if they extend him in 2020 strong likelihood you have another Red Sox cap in the HOF

all without having to give up mookie or even tendies

I think Daves banking on price to opt out or something. I really have no idea why he did that.

>all this JBJ trade talk
pls don't let him go Dave. he's too based, and I only got my #25 jersey this year :-/

stfu fairweather

Same :(

Does Sale even have post season experience?

No because
>who's
but if there ever was candidate to run train on everyone in a postseason its him. once he gets rolling he cannot be stopped, he's also a clinical nutjob (good and bad) so its not like he'd bitch about short rest.