Which one did a better job of murdering the franchise?

Which one did a better job of murdering the franchise?

How the fuck did Star Wars murder the franchise?
It's a massive success with 2 more major movies being released in the fairly immediate future, as well as a whole bunch of spinoffs.

You are an idiot op if you can figure that one out on your own. Go fuck your mom again who is also your sister. Maybe your kids with her will be smarter.

>reaction images are a response! I'll do that!

Seriously though. I didn't like the movie, but it objectively wasn't bad. Maybe kind of soulless and made by a megacorporation, but it wasn't BAD in anything it did, and the general public loved it. It didn't kill the franchise in any way what-so-ever

On mobile *can't

Whoa, triggered much user?

>mom is your sister
how does that work?

So blatantly ripping off old material, using shallow one dimensional characters and a plot hole ridden storyline is 'good' in your world?
CGI and fast pace doesn't account for actual substance, which is why this movie was most definitely BAD.

Alright, whatever. I don't even like the movie.
Either way, you may just be actually retarded if you think it 'killed the franchise'

Star Wars actually got all the EU stuff made non-canon, so I'd say that.

Star Wars™ is dead son, get use to it.

There are something like 6 movies coming out in the next few years

Did you ever see Weekend at Bernie's?
Star Wars is now Bernie.

But there are something like 6 movies coming out in the next few years

STAR WARS IS NOW BERNIE

>TFA revived the franchise after those dreadful prequels
>Ghostbusters literally zapped the logo for their own movie in the dick

Star Wars was already dead, so Ghostbusters

But
There are about 6 movies coming out in the next few years though

Leave him be friend. He can't comprehend.

I miss the times when Star Wars was objectively good.

TFA made more money than the 2 previously highest grossing SW movies combined. Hell of a way to "murder" a franchize.

Look, I found Ep. 7 entertaining - that's about it. I won't EVER watch it again, but you gotta be retarded to say that it killed the franchise. It might have killed the original spirit, but that's not the same. Rephrase your argument and we'll all agree with you.

THIS SUMMER, DISNEY MAKES 6 MOVIES ABOUT DRAGGING ROUND A DEAD THING PRETENDING IT'S STILL ALIVE.

It was bad. Soulless is bad. But you're right it did not kill the franchise in general. It only killed it for some people. Than ghostbusters probably didn't even kill that franchise either, consider Hollywood's intense aversion to original material these days.

same father

It's undeniably Ghostbusters.

Normies, the audience that actually matters, fucking loved The Force Awakens, but the new Ghostbusters receives almost universal criticism.

>dead thing
>literally the most successful non-Cameron movie ever made

Have you explained why Star Wars is dead?

It's mediocre but it is not dead. Ghostbusters is dead as shit.

>a glib facsimile

Yes? It is mediocre as fuck but it didn't kill Star Wars.

Ghostbusters is dead and buried under it's shit.

Ok explain to me how the Force Awakens is Star wars without saying its in the movie title.

t. normie who eats shit and loves it

It's set in the Star Wars universe, deals with a typical SW plot and has characters from the original Star Wars in it. Are you retarded or something? Just because you didn't like the movie doesn't mean it isn't SW. Almost everyone hates the prequels, yet no one claims they aren't SW.

>Has the force
>Lightsabers
>Uses characters from the originals
>TIE Fighters
>Space adventure movie
>Has elements of the sci-fi serials in the 50's.

Look, I am not arguing if it was a good Star Wars movie or not, but it is a Star Wars movie.

The prequels already killed SW, so depending on who you ask, TFA either brought it back to life, or kept it dead. Regardless, the damage had already been done by that point. Only contrarian hipsters think the prequels were anything better than mediocre.

Ghostbusters, on the other hand, was a fucking travesty on so many levels, that I still can't believe it exists. 2 wasn't that great, admittedly, but it was still serviceable.

Face it, without Lucas its more similar to Star Trek than Star Wars. I was kind of shitposting but imo the spirit of SW will only ever live on in the OT amd prequels.

Maybe you have to come to terms with the fact that your personal feelings don't matter. We get it, you didn't like the movie and you think it's shit. The quality of this movie is completely besides the point though when we are arguing whether or not it murdered the franchize.

It is factually, by far the most successful Star Wars movie ever made. That's literally the opposite of murdering the franchize, you dumb fuck.

The prequels were irredeemably shit though. TFA felt way closer to the spirit of the original trilogy than the prequels did.

when you rip off a property then of course it will look the same. People do not want A New Hope 2.0

How much is Disney paying you this month?

REAL star wars fans didn't like TFA

it's literally normies who fall for the didney and special effects and haha le nostalgy i'm a nerd xD memes

>Muh "No True Scotsman"

>murdering franchise
>not including this gem

What Ghostbusters franchise? There is no Ghostbusters franchise.

If a franchise is defined by having one sequel and a cartoon, then fucking Ace Ventura is a franchise.

You can argue all you want about Star Wars: TFA being meh, because I agree with you on that, but you cannot say it "killed" Stat Wars anywhere NEAR the same level Grrlbusters did for it's respective franchise.

No one at any point ever thought that the Fantastic Four movies were anything bug dogshit.

But it was never meant to succeed, they only made it to keep the rights.

you're so predictable i knew you were going to say that :^)

>Muh fallacy fallacy

Star Wars was a critically acclaimed, box office success and nothing Sup Forums says can change that.

How can you murder what's already dead?

Ghostbusters. I wasn't a fan of TFA, but it made plenty of money and plenty of people liked it. The rest of the trilogy is greenlighted, and plenty of stuff is coming from it. GB lost money and general audiences hated it. The shitstorm about sexism and shit also didn't help, even when some thought it would.

that shit was in the grave with dirt over it

If you think tfa murdered the franchise, but the prequels didn't, you have autism.

The father fucked his daughter.

I you knew someone was going to call you out on using a fallacy, why did you do it?

If you have a funko pop you don't get to speak.

I don't though? I was saying TFA wasn't shit, it was just mediocre as fuck.

That's what I don't get, people call the latest schlock shit when truly shit movies exist. Ghostbusters 2016 was one of those movies leaning closer to the shit pile.

Their both shit is what you don't get.

As much as I despised TFA, it was insanely successful financially, while GhostbustHers has yet to break even.

>There is no Ghostbusters franchise.
Tell that to these nerds, I think they might beg to differ

creatively stale, a "glib facsimile" of the original and was just thoughtless nostalgia pandering.

but it was still better than ghostbusters which actively shit on the original while still ripping off the original.

Nah.

It does things right, like Kylo. Yes, he isn't a total bad ass like Darth Vader but it is actually interesting to see the Ankain Skywalker dilemma of his struggle with the force done in a much better way. I can't say the same for Ghostbusters.

How does star wars get released in China when they have force ghosts?

fallacies are literal buzzword memes that only reddit and other retards use to """"win"""" an argument it's literally the same as using "you're racist" as an argument closer

you could point out fallacies in almost anything anyone has ever said and they're utterly irrelevant to the point of the message 99% of the time

i'm not going to waste more of my time with you, honestly you're not worth it, reddit

Ghostbusters 2016 is in no way even related to the original movies and in comparison makes the orignal look far better. The only way its 'murdering' the franchise is by making young millenials think that its the only Ghostbusters movie. TFA on the other hand uses as many connections as it can to the OT and single handedly butchers as much as it can get its hand on by:
1) Making the force some ooga booga magic shit instead of the spiritual strength its meant to be, PT aside Luke had to train for months to even know how to use it let alone get anywhere close to defeating vader whilst rey on the other hand thanks to "DisneyTMs space magic" can just become space jesus and do anything she pleases.
2) literally murdering Han Solo and crushin the hearts of thousands that held him as their favourite character.
3) unadmittedly completely copying the plot of the original without any strand of creativity, even TPM was more original than this garbage and atleast Ghostbusters 2016 was aware it was a remake.

Theres some more reasons but Im tired, basically Star Wars uses the original premiss and beats it to death whilst Ghostbusters tries to be as distant from the originals as it can for you TL:dr fags.

TFA felt closer to the originals in a pig's eye and up your mum's bum burger, you gurgling faggot, you.

The shit awakens was a load of horseshit. It's no more star wars than a fan made film is. You should eat shit, no seriously: eat shit.

10/10 post

It killed star wars with NO FUCKING SURVIVORS. You don't need to learn to become a force user anymore, all you have to do is hear the fucking word and you're a force grand master. FUCK STAR WARS, FUCK DISNEY AND FUCK JAR JAR ABRAHAMAS.

cry all you want its still canon

>star wars was bad guise!

Finn heard about the force and he isn't a force user.

Same with Han and Chewie :^)

according to whom, Disney you mean, according to Disney. Well that's okay, because it fucking died when it left George Lucas' hands. It's dead.

>glib facsimile
fuck I remember that review
that same dude spoiled Han's death a day before even the thursday night viewings too

Fembusters.

And yet Rey was able to perform several master level abilities. That's as fucking dumb as a fucking novice hearing about a practiced Kali maunver using swords and is able to pull it off because they heard it. Twirling a saber's no feat. All you have to do is not cut yourself. Anyone can do that.

Force telepathy? Force pull and push? Force persuade? BULLSHIT.

>according to whom, Disney you mean, according to Disney. Well that's okay, because it fucking died when it left George Lucas' hands. It's dead.

No its not its all canon and its gonna thrive well and good. Being in denial isnt good for your health user

That's the part that makes it mediocre for me.

If it didn't have that, it would be bumped higher to "somewhat good". However, there is a way to make it work and it involves the Dark side of the force as an explanation for the bullshit.

>all these buzzwords and projection tied up in one post

force awakens ruined nothing

Shit sells? WELL WHAT A SURPRISE! Last I checked transformers 9 did 1.4 billion.

It was medicocre up to and including Rey's bullshit abilities. The entire movie was shit. We're doing the rebellion and the seperarist or whatever because we're jar jar abrahamas and the rat and we can't think of something better than a rehash of star wars a new hope and the empire strikes back.

The moment George sold Star Wars, it died.

Not like how I ruined your mom.

But even before the sell off, the story was about the Empire still being around and a rebellion in the previously canon books, what are you talking about?

Also the Separatists were George's work in the prequels.

You don't know what the fucking story was about because George never revealed what the fucking story was about. George only said Disney rejected his ideas entirely. Stop lying on the internet.

George Lucas endorsed the Thrawn trilogy books as canon, which was about the Remnants of the Empire fucking about as usual while the New Republic tries to hunt them down.

So yes, he did say he wanted those to continue the story before it was rendered non-canon.

Prequel apologists are so mentally handicapped they're seriously implying the force awakens was nearly as bad as the new ghostbusters.
You should be comparing the new ghostbusters to batman v superman, not to TFA.

I didn't watch either and am never going to.

What franchise?

And that was twenty plus years ago. And the only thing he's adopted post Return of the Jedi, was corescent.

Stop lying on the internet.

It annoys the piss out of me how so many people rank TFA over RotJ on this board and elsewhere. What are you plebs smoking?

There is nothing in TFA that's on the level of the throne room scene, Vader's funeral, or the speeder chase. The music, the sense of adventure, etc. in TFA doesn't even come CLOSE to that of RotJ. How can you say TFA is better with its irritating Mary Sue protagonist who is nowhere near as likable as Luke?

Despite its flaws, RotJ is still a movie that will endure on for ages along with the rest of the original trilogy. Force Awakens will be forgotten in about a year.

Fuck I don't remember anyone saying this, and if they did it was clearly b8 m8. It's like comparing fresh salmon fillets to boiled water.

>Star Trek

It's kinda funny. When comparing the first Star Trek movie and the first Star Wars movie. Abrahams did a much better job with Star Trek.

Star Wars has:
>Shitty "soft" pacing, mostly it just drifts from scene to scene. The whole movie almost feels like a dream.
>Obnoxiously shitty written perfect main character with no flaws
>No believable danger at any point of the story

As another user said it. There's little reason to watch it again. Star Trek on the other hand... why not? It's not actually *that* good of a movie, but at least it doesn't read like a fan-fiction.

>George only said Disney rejected his ideas entirely.
good call on disney desu

All could be forgiven if Rey turns out to be some sort of "Taskmaster" of the force.

Nah, just kidding. Their sequels are unforgiven to me. No way in hell am i going to spend money to watch a Star Wars movie ever again, with these clowns in the helm.

Why did you post a picture of The Guy?

I rewatched 2 only recently and it was perfectly fine.
I understand why critics didn't like it at the time, but the concept and the characters are fun, that's why the cartoon worked.

I saw Ghostbusters 2016 and was so very disappointed that I finally decided to play the videogame and damn, you could definitely see that they could've made a third movie out of these ideas.
It would've tied the first two films together and we'd have a trilogy.