TRUE DETECTIVE SEASON 3 CONFIRMED

Starring:
>Christian Bale (charismatic, funny man)
>Brendan Gleeson (introverted, straight man)

Setting:
>Dunboyne, County Meath, Ireland.

Premise:
>A bog body of a county sheriff that went missing from the town over a decade ago is located: his body shows clear signs of a threefold death. The sheriff was the father of Gleeson's character (who is not police) and is what closely ties him into the case. Upon interviewing him, Bale's character (police, perhaps even a recent expat) discovers that he has a strong disdain towards the Dunboyne Garda that most likely stems from the lack of action taken in locating his father many years back. Furthermore, Gleeson reveals his suspicions of conspiracy and believes his father's disappearance/murder was that of an inside job. At first Bale dismisses the claims as utter lunacy but he is forced to lend weight to it when another high profile figure in the town is murdered weeks/months later due to similar injuries and the police refuse to connect the two cases. Given the small-town nature of Dunboyne, Bale and Gleeson must discreetly work together to solve what is going on whilst the Garda's ever watchful eye becomes more suspicious.
>The case would include themes of celtic sacrificial rituals. Maybe a bit of viking imagery here and there.

Theme Song:
>From 45 seconds in (to whenever really)
youtube.com/watch?v=yaS3vaNUYgs

Inspiration:
>irishcentral.com/roots/history/The-origins-of-the-Irish-road-PHOTOS.html
>digitalmedievalist.com/opinionated-celtic-faqs/human-sacrifice/
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threefold_death
>Being from Ireland myself.

Admit it, this would objectively be the best season

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/article/2016/07/30/true-detective-season-3
thejournal.ie/explainer-irelands-sheriffs-541570-Aug2012/
youtube.com/watch?v=FrHW6_aJSKc
youtube.com/watch?v=jm3LEmFFj2g
youtube.com/watch?v=9SvqU4HQwDo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=9dtX-y0De5k
youtu.be/SvkxrXism9U?t=1m7s
vimeo.com/116490074
youtube.com/watch?v=_v2rehPAf5Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Whoops I meant for this to be a post your ideas thread. Here's the link confirming.

ew.com/article/2016/07/30/true-detective-season-3

aint nobody reading all that shit

Population of 5 million and I still find it weird to find other Irish posters here. Sounds like a good idea but casting Brendan reminds me too much of The Guard, I think Michael McElhatton would be a better choice tbqh

>Sheriff
>Ireland

thejournal.ie/explainer-irelands-sheriffs-541570-Aug2012/

Yes and no

Thanks for clickbaiting us, you faggot.

>Clickbait

>“It is not dead,” Bloys said. “I talked to Nic about it and both Nic and HBO are open to another season. I don’t think Nic has a take and he’s working on some other projects. We’re open to somebody else writing it and Nic supervising it. It’s a valuable franchise, it’s not dead, we just don’t have a take for a third season yet.”

Really like this idea op, killing taigs is a great idea

Show me the confirmation of a third season in that statement. I love TD fanfics, but be honest about it. The title got me hyped and you blew it.

Yo can I use this?
Irish failing filmmaker here

>Failed Irish Filmmaker

Same tbdesu

I said failing, I'm only 19 see ;)
Keep it, it's a great idea

>Time/Place

Seattle Washington - mid 90's

>Title Sequence Music:

youtube.com/watch?v=FrHW6_aJSKc

>Basic plot and Casting

Two Seattle officers (JK Simmons, Ryan Gosling) are tasked with uncovering the reason a series of seemingly connected disappearances at underground grunge/punk shows in the city.

>Recurring themes:

Claustrophobia, tight and dark spaces. God-like worship and dedication for artists/bands.

reddit pls go

Im a different guy to OP, there's at least three of us on this thread alone. Almost warrants a meetup.

OP picture really inspiring me to make True Detective CIA credits... Guess I know what I'm doing then

Almost man, what county?
I'm reppin' Dublin

are we doing this?

Starring
>Zahn MCclarnon (Hanzee from Fargo)
>David Duchovny

Setting:
>The Southwest, specifically the indian reservation in AZ/NM

Premise
>A series of murders are committed on the indian reservation with no real pattern or motive. One of the murders actually takes place in federal jurisdiction thus involving FBI agent Duchovny. The prevailing theory among the older superstitious locals is that is the work of a skinwalker, a figure in navajo lore with supernatural abilities. Things really heat up when an attempt is made on Zahn's life and he himself thinks he witnesses something supernatural.

Theme song
youtube.com/watch?v=jm3LEmFFj2g

starting at 38 seconds

just fuck my budget up senpai

Im in north Wicklow so practically Dublin too

>Sam Rockwell
>Joaquin Phoenix

Had me at hello.

The scannan squad

>tom waits

fuck yes

I read all that, yep

bumping this shit

Let's make it happen lmao

>lmao

normies leave

ok

Not a film maker but I am an Irish failure

no pls stay i need the company

It's alright user, I'm here

th-thanks

I'm a simple man Ray, a simple man who repudiates perfidiousness

THE WALRUS LOST, THE TREAT HE SIGHED
I WAS NOT KEKED, IKE ROSS DONE LIED

I WAS NOT KEKED, THOUGH MANNY TRIED
EYE LID A MONK EWES, WELDED SKIES

GOAT season 3 cast

Welcome to the club

>Tom Waits
I'd cream my pants

So how many Irish bros have we in this thread?

Me

>two white male leads
Shitlord pls go

4 I think. I'm one anyway. From Spiddal.

Galwegian here

Isn't the whole point of Turr Deturcturv seedy Americana underbelly shit? Why would it be in fucking Ireland?

I think you confuse "may still" and "confirmed"

+1, Wicklow (not on purpose)

>potato niggers shitting up an ok thread

In Wicklow town?

The thread has been potatoniggers from the start, if anything you're shitting it up with your dumb frogpost.

Nope, up in the mountains. Actually only been to Wicklow town three times in my whole life.

You know Tinahely? I'm not there /now/, but that's where I'm from.

>tfw the British never properly genocided you trash

One of the few areas I don't know at this point, I did some filming on the big Sugar Loaf a few days ago but it was a lot busier than I expected it to be.

Donegal checking in

>that miserable feel when you live in Donegal

Everyone in Ireland moves to Dublin for a while, were you there in the mid-noughties?

You could be in CORK. You lucky wee shit.

Oh be nice

Have you guys made any films?

I'm in post with a short at the moment.

I was in Bray for a long time if that counts, Im only saying because of the DART line is pretty handy

I reckon Donegal and Cork are pretty much one in the same desu. Both are rural wastelands

Theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=9SvqU4HQwDo

90s Seattle with the backdrop of renewed fear in satanic cults two detectives hunt down a a murderer similar to Dennis Rader.

Getting ready to film one, just have fuck all money for equipment. Nothing I can show you I'm afraid, you?

I worked on other films for the most part, and a few of my own. I stopped for a while because I need to sort out some personal shit, then Im gonna set up a home studio and work on what I want.

aww shit this theme is gr8 m8

Nah, got some clips but not sharing stuff until we have a final cut.

I'll probably start a thread to find some irishfags when it's done though, spam a little.

So what have you got at the moment? Just a screenplay? I was working "no budget" too.
We had a very good camera though, and the help of some very decent people.

Here's a short I crewed for and did a behind the scenes thing for class.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9dtX-y0De5k

Sounds good, I'll post my film there when you lads are ready

Objectively the best season possible

cute short

I liked season 2 more than season 1. The edgy nihilist/anti-natalist Nietzschean ubermensch shit in season 1 was too much.

Plus season 2 gave us Frankposting, one of the most underrated Sup Forums memes of all time.

The script is done and rock solid, it went through like 5 drafts. Once I get all the equipment together I'll start casting. I feel shit about not being able to pay actors though but I'll try to make it as good an experience as possible.

I'm the type to work secretly, so I'm basically telling nobody about it til I'm about done, then I'll do some guerilla marketing around Dublin for it. I want this to be pretty big and i feel I can make it happen.

i like shannon but,
>not goggins partner that he has a rocky relationship with
>not set in kentucky
>not ON THIS LONELY ROAD TRYIN' MAKE IT HOME

i would love this, no lie

Nice ambition man.

Trust me, if you have a decent script (or not to be honest) actors will throw themselves at the chance to put more appearances on their CV's.
When we were casting we got at least three times more emails than there were roles to fill. All you need to do is to feed them and be on top of your shit.
Another thing I learned is to treat the cast with respect is not to just be their friend. They're a bit like headless chickens, and appreciate some professionalism. Respectfully treat them like their on YOUR time, etc. They'll be grateful for it.

Absolutely keep it secret. Besides all the practical reasons to do so, it's good for the creative process itself not to blow your load telling people about it. Makes it feel like it's done before it is.

I can't speak to the making it big aspect. I haven't gotten there yet. Good luck though.

Why post cia you faggot

The Rez would be as creepy and the dusty mason. Can confirm.

The detectives are conjoined triplets.

Muhammad Bin Al-Afleq is also the villain

Yeah thanks man.
I absolutely agree with the secrecy part, telling people creates an expectation and I don't want that.

Maybe I'm delusional or full of myself but I really think I know exactly what I'm doing and I believe I can make a great film. Whether anything comes of that or not remains to be seen though.

All bretty gud except the song

the guards a great film and i agree with u on casting someone else however I would prefer an unkown actor (a good one mind) sick off everyone only casting stars

Theme: youtu.be/SvkxrXism9U?t=1m7s

Director: Miguel Sapochnik

Detectives:
Benicio Del Toro
Joel Edgerton

Supporting Cast:
Ben Mendelhson
JK Simmons
Rose Byrne
John Hawkes
Bill Camp
Edie Falco

What's it about?

>Irish
>able to read, let alone direct film

what did he meme by this

I didn't make this but I worked with an actor that appears in it

vimeo.com/116490074

>Ireland

Are you directing? And do you have a DOP yet?

The Antlers would be perfect for a TD theme

Putting people to sleep before the show even starts is frowned upon.

Cool. I'd watch the whole thing now, but, it's late.

Jej

>ew.com/article/2016/07/30/true-detective-season-3
I would get down on my hands and knees begging for a 3rd season. It's seriously is all I have to live for at this point. I have lost every friend that I ever had. It's over for me without this. It's all I have.

this desu

Did you lads go to film school or anything like that. I am 26 now and working but have a few ideas for films I'd like to see. How do you begin in the film industry here?

theme is nice, but washed out and anemic. True detective needs some southern gothic bite to it. The song you posted could be the theme to a bunch of hipsters shooting up to impress the Williamsburg locals.

Like the cast though.

A track from their first album might put people to sleep but their newest album has a nice noir feel to it that would fit perfectly with True Detective.

Theme

youtube.com/watch?v=_v2rehPAf5Y

Shit song shit setting.

Not myself. I took up with a friend who studied film. If you're interested into breaking into the industry, the course at filmbase would probably be a good idea.
I'm interested in independent film myself.

There's overlap though, for sure.

Getting started depends on what you want to do. Do you want to direct?

Thanks user, the screen writing course looks good.

>Do you want to direct?
Not sure 2bh, I like the idea of having control over the finished product but I'm not sure I'd be any good, I'd like to see some other people do it first.

>Climbing Up the Walls
>Shit song

You couldn't have chosen a better way to announce to the world you have the worst taste in music. You can now go back listening to your favorite album by Limp Bizkit.