So what did you think of Jason Bourne Sup Forums?

Good
>action sequences; felt real and intense
>Vincent Cassel was great as the villain
>Alicia Vikander was fantastic

Bad
>lack of Matt Damon speaking
>no real story, real intrigue, or twists and turns; just a pretty straightforward action movie

Overall I found it entertaining but its easily the worst of the Damon Bourne movies. Better than Legacy I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ja0ALzv25g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the action scenes were way too protracted and drawn out for no reason. there was no sense of momentum or stakes after the first few minutes. they just became "oh look they're still in a car chase / fight sequence" twenty minutes later.

also it would've been nice if they'd hired a cameraman who didn't suffer from terminal parkinson's, everyone came away from their viewing experience with shaken baby syndrome.

all in all, 3/10 and alicia was the best part of the movie

unforgivable: the new version of extreme ways

oh so it was a new version…I knew something sounded off

Genuinely disappointed... Honestly it was looking great at the beginning when he was being chased down on a motorcycle, but then after that it was like he was oblivious to what was going on around him and had to be saved by other people at the last second. This just doesn't add up to his flawless execution in the past where in the Bourne Ultimatum he literally walked a man through a mall and kept himself and the other guy out of view of all the CCTV cams and the asset. It was better than legacy, but it didn't feel enough like Jason Bourne taking down the entire agency with ease just for coming after him, as it was him using his dad as an excuse to come after certain people. It was never about getting a specific man before. it was always about taking down the corrupt branch of the CIA as a whole.

The editing was fucking terrible. The average shot length must have been less than a full second, some scenes were unwatchable because of it.

I just expected…more. More from the story, more from Matt Damon. He said he'd only return once they found a great story but this clearly wasn't that.

Certain characters were great (Alicia's for example) and the set-up was topical (worse than Snowden etc…etc…) and I liked the inclusion of Stiles'. But the whole movie felt like all the elements of a Bourne story. It lacked the espionage, the mystery, a story with layers to be peeled back. Damon still brings the physicality but there was nothing unique about the action sequences nor was there anything truly suspenseful about them.

*it lacked all the elements of a Bourne story.

I meant to say.

Also I don't see how they can keep making more Bourne movies. It already feels like they are stretching the story thin.

bump

Move Matt Damon not speaking to the good section

I liked it but it's the worst of the 5. Legacy has a ton of problems but it at least isn't the same movie Greengrass has made 3 times now

How much do the first 3 movies take from the books? I know ludlum died and some other guy picked up the stories.

I understand what they were trying to do with bringing bourne up to date, but making topical films with a shit load of culture references never age well.

but based on the trajectory of Legacy and JB it seems like they are just doing new stories and not drawing from any of the novels in the bit. Which might be a mistake because this movie felt like it needed an actual Jason Bourne story and not a generic modern action movie story with Bourne in it.

BUMP
i'm reading it
DO NOT DOWNVOTE while i'm reading it please

The premise of a super spy assassin getting amnesia and that's it. The villain that is the reason book Bourne becomes Bourne wasn't in any of the movies. They didn't use the fake Bourne plot for Supremacy either so the title makes no sense

Its weird but this would be my exact criticisms of the Star Trek movie. Well... actually not the villain but, loved the action sequences, the white alien chick was amazing.

Chris Pine could have been better, no real story or intrigue.

>Vincent Cassel was great as the villain
Cassel, in real life, is just an idiot, you see, with lots of air in the head
that cannot go elsewhere than a Bad.

>generic modern action movie story with Bourne in it
wew
i hope you're wrong.

>i hope you're wrong

Don't get your hopes up. They could have replaced Damon with anyone. Apart from Bourne's motivation that was revealed in the trailer ("I volunteered because of a lie") its not a Bourne movie. The story is usual modern action movie stuff with commentary on surveillance etc…

Its watchable but don't expect a movie like the other Bourne movies.

i can't believe there are no exciting hunting scenes like the Naples one, where Bourne tappes the phone of the local CIA guy to backtrak the CIA

Are you spying on Snowden?

me?
no.
i have people to do that for me.
i won't give you the source tho.

screencap from Citizenfour

Not great, disappointed. Felt worse when they changed Extreme Ways.

I would stand in line for this
There's always room in life for this

Oh baby, oh baby, then Bourne got punchy in dad pants

Vikander was great, shame she smokes.

Fassbender says shame she's not black.

My waifu was in it, so it was great. But in all seriousness, it was a decent film, not as good as the first 3. The worst part about it was the scene where he falls off the building and grabs the wire.

I really liked it and give it a 7/10

That new version of Extreme Ways was brilliant

youtube.com/watch?v=7Ja0ALzv25g