How is your gender a choice if being gay isn't?

How is your gender a choice if being gay isn't?

Being gay is a mental illness and choosing your gender is also a mental illness.

I thought your gender wasn't a choice and your physical body is separate from your gender.

Or at least that's what is being claimed. I don't even know anymore.

No and yes.

One is in the DSM, one isn't.

gender =/= sex
just like
tree =/= gender
please google gender.
also
Sup Forums is an 18+ website

Sex isn't chosen, gender is. Sex is purely biological whereas gender is societal.

more or less.
Baffles me when people say they're a choice. Why anyone would 'choose' to be either? It just makes life hard.

Better topic why am I meant to care about this? Why is this a conversation piece? If you're talking about civil liberties, across the board these people have the same rights.

Are they fighting for the right to not be made fun of?

They're faggots who think only gay and black lives matter

I mean, is that not true? Pls user stop being straight and white already.

I think that's too reductive, but there's a nugget of truth in there.

you don't have to care.
i don't care.
shouldn't be a government issue.
if a private company wants to have a gender-less bathroom, then go ahead.
i personally think that trans people are being given special treatment in this bathroom thing.
it should be either gender-less or based on sex.
if you want to make it a gender-less bathroom, i'm all for that.
if you want to let only Trans people pick which bathroom they get, that is special treatment.

>Sex is purely biological whereas gender is societal.

Oh please fuck the fuck off.

Weeding out the tumblr faggots. Smart move OP.

Asperger's Syndrome isn't in the DSM anymore. What is it now if not a mental illness? Nothing? Serious question though. What happens to all the "discontinued" mental illnesses?

Gender has been co-opted by the left for a catch-all term for personality

>shouldn't be a government issue.

This. But it was an election cycle, and libs must create the situation where it's they, the defenders of the downtrodden vs. the evil racist/sexist/etc. republicans. Election's over, so that idiotic issue dies until the next round. Trans are a tiny part of the population, but people made this issue out to be like another civil rights movement. Unnecessary. You have a dick, you shit in the men's room. Don't have a dick, you don't shit in the men's room. It's really simple.

It shouldn't matter who goes in what bathroom. Just go in, piss, and wash your hands. It's stupid that people are making a big fuss about it.

BOTH are choices. Gay/straight, and gender

Pop a squat in whatever bathroom you want. If anyone has the balls to check between your legs, kick them right in the dick.

>It shouldn't matter who goes in what bathroom.

Then it shouldn't matter if we just kept things the way they were. Thousands of years of the sexes using the bathroom in private, and all of the sudden in 2016 it's this life and death issue. 100% manufactured.

Your ignorance is a choice.

Have you forgotten? Nothing means anything, and there is no such thing as Truth.

I guess if public bathrooms aren't taken as seriously as racism or nuclear war, then that's a microagressional signal to the rest of society that it's okay to curb stomp a trans person.

Asperger now falls under the autism spectrum disorder, so you've just been downgraded to a normal autist

yeah.
manufactured by the religious conservatives.
the private industry has handling it just fine.
letting trans people choose.
nobody had a problem with that.

It isn't. People who transition to the opposite sex have a mental disorder to do with the structure of their brain, and transitioning is the best 'cure' we have right now.

Anyone who claims to be non-binary or gender fluid is making an unscientific claim and they are probably also mentally ill, in other ways.

>Is gender a choice?
No, either you got a hotdog or a taco.
>What about mentally?
Yeah have at it. Go wear a pink dress I don't give a fuck. But don't pretend to be retarded to your REAL gender.

>Is your sexual orientation a choice?
Yes and no. Some people for their whole lives will go for the same sex, while some choose midway into their lives to change.

>Are SJWs and feminists annoying and need to stop bitching?
100%. Nobody cares who you are and what type of special you are. The world will never change just because you think it should because "ME ME ME PLEASE NOTICE ME!".

Oh please, the entire issue was created by libruls to fill their need to have something else to bitch about during a campaign cycle.

If I said I identify as a raccoon, I'd be commited. But if I say I am a gender other than what I was from birth... somehow this is NORMAL?!

Did people just get fucking retarded in this country or what!?!

>People who transition to the opposite sex have a mental disorder

>mental disorder

Yep. And by making victims out of them the left has normalized their insanity. Personally I feel the same way about religious people. Believing in a magical sky wizard, demons, ghosts, eternal happylands in the sky, these are all insane things to believe. Yet they are tolerated as normal just because so many people believe them.

raccoons aren't a protected class of the left. trannies are.

lolno.
for the past 2000 years, trans people have been choosing to go in whichever bathroom they wanted.
then religious conservatives started to say, no.
we want you to go in your correct bathroom.
that is when the liberals got upset.

It's not a choice. Too many fucked up people have been convinced they do not need to accept reality.

The whole idea of saying gender is a personal identity makes no sense in terms of language. "girl" and "boy" are informal terms for young females and males. It was never supposed to define a separate classification.

What if you grew up in a society that had no separate words for gender? What if all people were called "male" and "female" regardless of age, and that's it? How would you know how to "identify" yourself? It would be very clear what you would be called, based on your physical characteristics.

>Gender is Societal
Are you stupid?

Did you even read what I said? They have mental disorders, and transitioning is the most effective way they can be helped. What you call 'normalising' is actually 'treating'.

It's not, considering the suicide rates is nearly as high after surgery and hormone as it is before. If it "treated" them, they wouldn't kill themselves massively.

>Sex is purely biological whereas gender is societal
Why were all biological girls considered girls and all biological boys considered boys if they are completely separate?

It isn't in the DSM V but it's in the ICD-10, so it's still a diagnosable disorder within the Autism Spectrum.

what is so hard to understand about gender?
sex = biologically born a male or female
gender = what you FEEL like (man or woman)
i am a man trapped in a womans body
i am a woman trapped in a mans body
its not LITERAL. (for the retards.)
it is how they feel.
most of society has acknowledged this as semi-normal for 1000s of years.
most of society may not have accepted these people but they acknowledged that these people existed.
is it mental illness? probably
has society kind of accepted it but thinks of it as fucking weird? sure.

hermaphrodites:
they are born both male and female...biologically
they can choose to be called male or female...gender wise.
just like biological males can choose to be called females......gender wise.

>is it mental illness? probably

>turbo cringe

if you are born a man and you feel like a woman, there is something clearly wrong with you.
just like if you are born a man and you get rock hard thinking of another man penetrating you, there is something clearly wrong with you.
but we as a society have chosen to accept you anyway.
just like albinos.

>sex=male or female
>gender=male or female
>thinking the way you FEEL makes a difference=mental illness

When were you born, fucktard? Because this optional bullshit definition of gender is new to the scene. Your generation just loves to make shit up to comfort yourselves and then go around telling others there is something wrong with them for not agreeing with you.

Its simple, why do people struggle with this.

I was born with a penis. I neither feel like a man nor a woman. I feel like me. Does that make me genderless? No... because I still have a penis.

millennials just get gender and sexual preferences mixed up is all. there's a difference between "i have a penis, i have a vagina" and "i want to fuck men, i want to fuck women, I want to fuck both or i want to fuck neither"

they harp on like it's the most important thing in their lives when honestly they have more important shit they should be worrying about

dubs checked

hey dumbass,
gender has existed for as long as trannies have existed.
most of the world has been using sex, the trannies are the ones who use gender.
again....retard.
sex =/= gender.
gender has always been a choice.
sex has never been a choice.
trans people understand this.
they know that they were born either a man or a woman...sex.
they FEEL like the opposite sex....GENDER

How about this: "transgender" people should be encouraged to step up, come out, and use whatever bathroom they please. Then, we take that 1% of the global population, and exterminate them. That way we can resume not giving a fuck.

I'm fine with LGBT. I'm fine with transgenders. But this Genderfluid shit makes me want to die. "I identify as a demiqueer kamisexual non binary foxkin polysexual trans-man and my pronouns are "xhe" and "xer". If you misgender me, you're oppressing me and I am not afraid to sue you for the cis white male you are."

If you're Genderfluid, either kill yourself or get therapy for your mental illness.

gen·der
ˈjendər/
noun
the state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).
"traditional concepts of gender"
synonyms: sex
"variables included age, income, and gender"
GRAMMAR
(in languages such as Latin, Greek, Russian, and German) each of the classes (typically masculine, feminine, common, neuter) of nouns and pronouns distinguished by the different inflections that they have and require in words syntactically associated with them. Grammatical gender is only very loosely associated with natural distinctions of sex.

Here's your proof that gender is a social construct. It's in the fucking definition of "gender".

Sex and gender are the same

yup.
only retards think that gender is a biological term.

>it are true
>i edited the wiki myself

>past 2000 years
i'm gonna require a sauce to back that up

I fucking love traps n shit but this makes me sick

But having gay sex is a choice?

This is Sup Forums. I shall neither be swayed by evidence nor logic. A word is nothing but the meaning attributed to a sound. When enough people agree a sound carries a certain meaning it often either alters the former definition or becomes a new word. Until recently all my life everyone referred to gender as being what sex you were born as. So to me and nearly everyone else thats what it is.

Pluto is a planet. So good day to you (gender of your choosing).

Not in prison

but wait
how do they know how a person from the other sex feels like?
that's impossible by any means
also, by claiming they are a different gender, they say that they don't feel like their sex, but that's impossible bc that the only way the felt
for example: i can't claim to be a cat, bc I can't ever understand what it's like to be a cat
so the logical mistake?
do you need a better expanation?
also, why are most of the internet trans community underage people?

do you honestly believe that trannies barely started taking shits in the females bathroom?

is being gay a choice.
i want to be str8

you can claim to be a cat.
if society wants to acknowledge it, that is an entirely different thing.
society has acknowledged that there are people in this world that truly believe that they were born in the wrong body.

Female and male bathrooms only came with modern plumbing, do you really think people dug 2 holes to make 2 gender outhouses?

yes it is.
i thought i was too for a good coupla years

Pluto isn't a planet anymore. What is it now if not a planet? Nothing?

The ways by which we classify and explain phenomena are constantly being modified in accordance with our understanding. This is no different.

For whatever reason, this tends to rustle everyone's jimmies.

is sexuality really a choice?

babbys first troll thread

Nice one OP, you made me reply...

>girl's penis
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>ask for proof
>provides no proof
;^)

That's like asking "how is liking apples a choice if being black isn't?"

lmao spit out my drink

I may be white on the outside but im really black. Im racial fluid.

society shouldn't do that
did you know?
i fell like i was born a king, not the citizen of a republic
i demand my own state fundend kingdom, if you decline you are a cis-communist pig

Same, sometimes I feel like a Nigger (like right now when I'm saying this so it's not racist) and sometimes I feel like a Chink (I'm asian right now, still not racist!) and sometimes I feel like a plain old white guy.

You can't call me racist REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>babbys first troll
You must be new here

Otherkin are valid too

I feel that my gender is an A-10 Warthog. Phhhrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbtttt

>society shouldn't do that
how about you don't tell society how to act
society will act however it wants to act.

If you take a cats brain and replace a humans brain with it is the end result a cat or a person. The answer is neither. Its a human corpse with a dead cats brain inside. Call things what they are people!

New for what? For reading a failed attempt to make a troll thread about genders? Fuck off, "oldfag".

Instead you could go visit s.n,a.p,c,h,a.t.y(,)me to fap to your ex-gfs nudes.

Look at me, killing muslims and sandniggers and shit! It's what I was made to do, so you can't call me racist! It's who we are as Warthogs! It's our culture! Don't you dare deny my culture!

>how about you don't tell society how to act
>society will act however it wants to act.
you do know that many many bad things happened and are still happening bc societies are behaving like they want, not how it would be the smartest
>current examples
turkey becoming a dictatorship
poland becoming a dictatorship
any civilian war out there
trumps election
drug wars
ratio should be the leading force of a society, not feelings (but feelings shouldn't be too far away)
>question left?

c-c-can i touch your massive penis?

>Implying Trump's election was a bad thing.

FOUND THE LIBTARD!

BRRRRRRRRRRT!

>Means you can lick my barrels in my cultural tongue.

if society wants a dictatorship then let them have it.
they will suffer the consequences.
if they leader wants to attack The US.
let it.
The US will just respond by nuking them.

>you do know that many many bad things happened and are still happening bc societies are behaving like they want, not how it would be the smartest
>then cites dictatorships as the reason why societies shouldn't be able to have a choice
>dictatorships
do you see the retardism in your post?

Because a dick is a dick and vagina is a vagina. Congrats on putting yourself into debt to earn your useless liberal arts degree. I hope you grow up one day and learn to be an adult like the rest of us.