What the hell is wrong with the millennial generation?

what the hell is wrong with the millennial generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5ic9B_DeSCQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_generation
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Internet

Their parents didnt discipline them enough.
So they have no concept of consequences for their actions.
They also always got a participation trophy because nobody should ever feel bad for not succeeding.
And so they are all a bunch of entitled dickheads.

I was typing that when it was on page 9, so not much time for explaining.
I believe that social networks really make people shitty as fuck. Human brain is not capable to handle that properly. Its not just information or being "connected with friends". It affects our brain so much. Generations raised on facebook will be extremely different.
Dont know if better, no way to tell that. But dont feel like it.

jewish brainwashing

gen x reporting in

who the fuck are you?

There's nothing wrong with them, you're just sounding like your parents now.

You know not all millennials are like this right?

More like they were promised better jobs and a better life and your generation failed to deliver either.

no OP is seriously buttmad

I agree. When I was young there wasn't internet or even mobile phones.

Now you have constant feed of brainwashing propaganda coming from your phone 24/7. It's not good when you are growing up. As young teenager you should be exercising sports, going outdoors a lot, having healthy hobbies like playing instrument or fucking hunting or shit like that. Playing vidya now and then is good as well. Reading fucking books...

But this useless brainwashing created by social media sites is corrupting their minds. Constant feed of hidden advertisement and "trends" fed to social media created by marketers is not healthy.

You mean your dad didn't psychologically abuse you with his conservative bullshit? It builds character. :^)

>Somebody should deliver me better life and job.
>I am entitled to this.

You are whats wrong with world. Pls die.

This
youtu.be/5ic9B_DeSCQ

Just because you were gullible and stupid doesn't mean they are

Your worldview is outdated. That's what's wrong with the world.

faggot

They'll learn to filter out the bullshit eventually

Failure to establish premises sufficient to justify conclusion expressed via rhetorical question.

Sub par thread so far faggots...

You tell me. There are a lot of us.

>exercising sports, going outdoors a lot
Because schools don't have PE classes

But they are. The majority are a bunch of cucky little sjw fucks that need to be fucking killed so the world will be a better place.

endocrine disruptors
think BPA, soy.

This is a big part of it. People don't like to socialize in person anymore because it feels safer on the internet. You talk to strangers in real life, maybe one of them' crazy and tries to murder you or rape your or whatever. YOu can add any random person on Facebook, and if they start to creep you out, just block them and that's that. Also, because of this, they rarely type properly, they use emojis, and memes, and shorthand, and thus tend to have poor writing and communication skills.

The other thing is, you never have to leave your home now if you don't want to. You can shop online, have food delivered, pay your bills, "socialize" on social media. This is only going to become more prevalent as we develop more systems for getting things to people faster (amazon drones and the like).

I really feel like we're headed towards a society where everyone just stays inside all the time, and most people have basically never met another human being in person aside from their family and maybe a doctor or something. I think that's already starting to take root, and that fucks with people. We're not really supposed to live that way, but our technology enables that sort of lifestyle.

I wouldn't be relying on OP to give you any relevant advice. He mad.

>cucky little sjw fucks
go to bed 8th grade

>People don't like to socialize in person anymore

you mean YOU don't

They're a generation raised by women.

Wow, I wish i had as much confidence in anything as that man has in his grip strength.

I don't think we can say what's wrong with them (or us, because I'm one of them) without being able to look at them in retrospect. I mean baby boomers seemed like narcissistic pieces of shit too with all the hippy stuff. I just feel like you can't really judge a generation that well when they haven't all died out yet.

Yeah. And also it destroys confidence. Having all that people that dont give a fuck about me seems pretty depressing. But actually, most people can count on fingers how many others they care about. So it seems logical that only similar number of people give a fuck about me. I have a few real friend and family a I meet quite regullary. Having all your facebook "friends" (eq. people that dont give a fuck about you) in your face all the time makes you feel like your real friends are not enought. When I realizet that bullshit, I decided to quit facebook and similar shit.

Am I a millennial?

I'm 35.

And if I am, why is it bad?

I'm a farmboy. I work harder and longer hours than most people regardless of their age or generation.

Let's just have a lazy, hopeless young whippersnapper generation thread instead.

>technology enables that sort of lifestyle

But it doesn't dictate it. You do.

>and most people have basically never met another human being in person aside from their family and maybe a doctor or something

This is neither the case now, nor in the foreseeable future.

The intrinsic nature of technology is to improve, and nothing less. It's up to you how you want to utilize it, and despite the rhetoric that gets tossed around on here and elsewhere, the responsibility of deciding how malleable you are to its amenities is also up to you, and only you.

No, I mean people in general don't. Go to a bar. Everyone has their phone out. They're not talking to people unless they're there with a friend already. A lot of people don't even go to bars anymore, and as soon as we have the technology for people to be able to order a drink online and receive it within 10 minutes or so, bars will probably basically disappear. This is where we are headed.

Millennials are under 30.

>Believing in fact, that individual is responsible for his life is outdated.

Do you even go to bars? Literally none of that is true.

Not much. The ones that are fucking things up are the dipshits that have been brainwashed in every generation. There's just more of them.

>nothing
This. Stop crying, pussies.

>Go to a bar. Everyone has their phone out

Everyone? All the time?

>This is where we are headed
I don't think it is, as demand for bars has not gone down ubiquitously, and even it was the case, who cares?

Thank you for the lovely trophy.

Maybe if virtual technology really takes off.

But people have the need to socialize ingrained in them. At least half of the species, anyway.

It enables that lifestyle and life is being driven that way because it makes us good little consumers. We used to learn useful shit at school like how to cook, build furniture, sew clothes and metalwork as well as the academic subjects. Now millennials have to buy everything because they cant cook or fix anything. The stupider you make your people the more money you can cream off them.

Yeah. No.
Your generation promised that everyone would have a good paying job.
Instead the people you carry water for decided to keep the money for themselves.
They cheated us, and you're lapping it up as their bitch.

Uhh. You are out of touch as fuck. How many times have you been to a bar?

What is a 'Millennial'
Millennial is the name given to the generation born between 1982 and 2004. Also known as Generation Y (Gen-Y), the Millennial generation follows Generation X and in terms of numbers, and has edged out the Baby Boomers as the biggest generation in American history.

'Millennial'
Millennials are so named because they were born near, or came of age during, the dawn of the 21st century – the new millennium. As the first to be born into a digital world, this demographic group is often associated with the Internet and social media: Technology is incorporated into their everyday lives – it's been estimated they check their phones as many as 43 times daily – and serving them has been a major contributing factor to the growth of Silicon Valley and other technology hubs.

Research has shown the Millennial generation to be the most ethnically and racially diverse in U.S. history. Gen-Y tends to be progressive in their political views and voting habits and less religiously observant than their predecessors

I'm 35, born in '82. By this description, I am millennial.

I refuse to accept this.

School as in high school? We could choose most of our classes in mine, and they included all of those. Shop, cooking, crafts, all of it. I grew up in the rural Midwest. Is it different elsewhere?

>millennials
You don't even know any
what the fuck do you know about what they do?

liberal pussification

>insisting leaving the world a better place then when you got here is a radical, selfish idea.

There's very little wrong with millenials, this dude just failed at life and wants to blame it on anyone other than himself.

You refuse to accept facts?

you sound like a trumpfag

20 yr old millennial here.

My generation avoided discipline due to the bullshit laws of not being allowed to hit a shitbag child. They all think they're entitled to everything, hence the Whale-Lords and their 100 genders.

As for me, I was disciplined whenever I was a a little wanker.

Lack of self-discipline.
No beatings for bad behavior during childhood.
Being told that blue collar work/manual labor is beneath them and undesirable.
Never being told that they aren't good at something, or are just average.
Lack of exposure to danger/filth.
Technology that responds nearly instantly, and requires no technological skill to operate.
Being taught to merely pass tests, and not actually gain knowledge.
Being able to simply Google shit instead of having to research topics in books.

They've been raised to be pussies.

user doesn't know. He's got this impression of what millennials are and can't shake it.

People were saying the same things about Baby Boomers. Remember the Me Generation? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Me_generation

Just because your dad beat being a Republican into your head doesn't mean they have to

>wanker
>disgusting britbong
Opinion invalid

You mean any age group under 30 appears awkward to the Establishment?
WOW

What holds you from starting your own fucking bussiness and find your way? You have almost unlimited opportuinits in tody western world. If you dont like to carry someone other water, do literally anything else. Find something you are good at, do that on your own. Dont look for excuses, look for solutions.

Oh wait, you are lazy piece of shit. too bad.

He sounds like a Trump voter though, actually.

Kek

ITT: shitposting by millennials who don't think they're millennials

>Your generation promised

No one ever promised you shit, kiddo. Whoever told you that was lying.

I'm a Britbong so I know what Britbong high schools do because my Waifu works in one. They teach fuck all practical shit

Poverty. Lack of decent employment. Your generation's hypocrisy. The fact that you fucked this fucking planet.
Not a lot of hope for the current generation, keep beating them with a stick, I'm sure they'll straighten up

kek

Yeah actually your generation did promise we were going to be this totally cool society where everyone has jobs and lives the American Dream.

You fucked that up.

>they teach practical shit in my schools system

OK so why is that a bad thing? Wouldn't millennials benefit from this?

This. It costs a $35-50 to file the papers in many states.

Brexit, probably

This is news to me. What the fuck have they been teaching you at school?

No, I refuse to accept that I should be considered millennial.

I have two children of my own for fuck's sake and have busted ass to earn errything I got.

I feel more like a boomer than millennial I think.

I don't identify as millennial and apparently that's acceptable in today's society.

You're a fucking idiot who was probably born rich.
Not everyone can just start a fucking business from scratch without any help.

So, some people are fucking retarded, therefore I'm mad and lazy? GTFO.

It's just the age group.
It doesn't mean you're this angsty faggot yelling that Bernie didn't win.

Damn near everyone can. To argue otherwise is stupid.

You said American history, you cunt. You think you are the centre of the universe.

You're retarded for voting for Trump.
inb4 durr hurr 3rd party fairy johnson jill dipshit, etc

>There's very little wrong with millenials
No, there's a lot wrong with them.
It's not just a generational thing. They are completely unprepared to live in the real world. Any real world.
I'm not sure why.

To argue otherwise proves my point, that you live in a fucking bubble.

I am an employer and take on apprenticeship students. The millenials we employ take an age to sift through. About one in every hundred has a decent work ethic most are so entitled its unbelievable.

>everyone can be rich
LOL

>tfw there will never be a generation as supreme as the one in/from WW2

They're not all unemployed uneducated dipshits, user.
Stop talking shit.

the better jobs and better life exist

compete

It was copy/pasted from some shit on Google you filthy philistine fuck.

Idiot millennial son of a bitch.

Can't blame them. This society is dysfunctional. They were promised a better world and instead your generation made the rich richer and sent the jobs over to India.

>nigger logic
>why can't I get rich just from sitting on my ass

>Wtf dude? That does not even have any logic included. Did your dog accidentaly type that? Hope so. I said you are responsible for your future and well being. How the fucking fuck does that mean I implied no one should improve anything? Are you braindead?

Kek, participation medals, kek, kek, fucking kek. My sides.

As a 29 year old and considered a "millennial" we're not all self entitled pussies. I work 50-60 hours a week and have always had at least one job since I was 14.

Who said that I voted for that fucking retard?

For a few people, sure. That's why they call it the top 5%.

And it's more difficult to succeed than ever.

After reading through this thread, I'm shocked. What's with all this entitlement shit? How did they end up this way?

>Not everyone can just start a fucking business from scratch without any help.

You mean some people are just losers and nothing can be done for them?

You values sound like the bullshit Trump pushes.

You're telling me that you can't sell your skills on the market as a freelancer?

>everyone who isn't me is a loser

kek