MONEY THREAD

Post your cuntree's money, both coins and notes.

This is our new 5 dollar note design (well it's been a while, so not quite so new but latest). Outside of visual changes, it also has some more security features and little bumps in it so that visually impaired people know what value a given note is.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_banknote#Development
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why is there some bird on it instead of the emu?

both sides

>Queen dies
>Has to change ALL MONEY

old version for reference

Are you cunts going to have to print new money with Chuck's face on it once ol' Elizabeth kicks the bucket?

IT'S TRANSPARENT?!

Nah, when she dies we'll have vote to become a republic (remain in Commonwealth though). If it passes then we'll put something else on it, if it doesn't then we'll probably change it to the new ruler. They already changed all the money with this new design, old versions are still valid money. So even when she dies money with her face on it will be in circulation for decades, slowly phasing out.

It was transparent before, see
they just added a new transparent bit, it's a security feature

Being handed one of those new $5 in change the other day made me double take at the checkout like a fucking gooback. Thought she handed me some other currency for a moment.

"New" money is printed fairly often, so it isn't a huge deal. It will take a long time before it reached critical saturation in circulation, however.

I thought we ran on Dollarydoos

damnit lads, i want to see monies, no one is posting :((((
here is the new 10 dollar note

Not fair, why do you guys get notes with smug anime girls on the front?

We had a new series of note introduced not that long ago.
The $5 note even won the banknote of the year 2015.

I don't have any cash outside of coins, so I can't take my own picture.

Canadian money is plastic and transparent too.

Haven't seen that yet.

Canadian coins are pretty cool as well, from memory.

If I'm not mistaken, I think a company in Canada manufactures most of these fancy notes.

I like the cohesive style, everything is like a set position with a different value assigned. Especially the birbs. Yours also get larger as they increase in value? Ours do that as well.

>Yours also get larger as they increase in value?
Yeah they do. The 万円 notes are fucking huge.

I hate the plastic notes tbqh. Slippery. Some auto machine wont recognise the notes. When it folded up, it leaves permanent marks that you cant straigthen up with iron

New fiddy euro note

Comes into circulation April 4th

>No fancy transparent bit
It's shit.

Notes

>Europe is the architecture, not the people

Subversive t.b.q.h.

Cool, an $82 bill

>ironing plastic
you straighten them and hold them in place like in wallet and they're fine, no permanence. On the other hand paper stays folded more easily. Polymer notes are superior in every way but in particular, in security and durability. We invented them because of pressures to increase security, people counterfeiting and such.

If a machine won't recognise it then the machine is shit or the currency badly made, paper or some other thing would be more likely to not be recognised anyway.
I don't know about this "slippery", I have never held paper notes before. Actually I have, I have a Malaysian paper note "1" :))).
It is not less slippery as far as I can tell.

FUCK OFF with your monopoly money bullshit

>Posting the AUD exchange rate

>His country doesn't have its own currency

ebin, simply ebin

I feel like an American now

>implying we're not all different flavour of americans

OP here, post more legal tender you fucks

I want to see a size comparison. I have euros and czech korunas somewhere but I can't look fro them now.

Coins

I don't have any foregin notes, i can get u a size comparision for polish ones when I'm back from work

Rubli

That vote will likely fail though

all of our coins

We have lots of different variants of these too, which are less common than the standard ones, for particular events/occasions/days/people/etc. Do other cunts do this?

God I hope this doesn't happen.

Depends when she dies, if like 15-25 years, then most likely it wouldn't fail. If now, then probably it would fail. This is to account for old people dying off (especially old politicians), younger people are generally neutral or apathetic, they could quickly be swayed to prefer a republic.

Do you guys know what your money is made of?

We have no idea.

Something along the lines of cotton and a bunch of other shit. It's pretty top secret.

Not us

I know the brown grosz is made of copper
And the value of copper it was made of is bigger than the coin
People used to sell them on scrapyards but it's illegal now

Paper.

I'm talking about your paper currency.

>15-25 years

What the fuck? She's already 90, she's not going to live to be 115 years old

I mean officially it's supposed to be 75% cotton and 25% linen with synthetic fibers mixed in. But idk. I watched a documentary about the U.S. mint and how they make money and it's super top secret and they add some shit to it.

Well, when you work with money, you'll received all kinds of notes. Some shop would refuse folded notes, which the polymer notes tends to have where theyre irreversible once they had that.
>ironing plastic
That's the downside. With paper (cotton) notes, you can easily iron it to straigthen it back. I hate receiving folded notes that people tend to exchange.

I mean I guess so.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polymer_banknote#Development

Why are Australian coins so fucking massive?
Why is your $2 coin so small compared to the rest of them?

When NZ changed their coins however long ago it was (maybe 10 years?), we shrank all of our silver coins from a size somewhat comparable to the Australian's. It's really so much nicer not having these bulky, heavy coins bloating up my wallet.

Anyway, here are NZ's coins (excluding $2. I don't have one) with a coke can for scale.

Exactly.
What I meant is the longer it takes the more likely a republic majority vote would be.

What the fuck. I heard it was meant to help the blind. How is that helping anyone?

The franc CFA is printed in France, for Africa.

I think it's so they're varied enough to be easily distinguishable. Both for convenience for the every day person (imagine a handful of coins or a pile of coins, it's easy to tell which are which because they're so different) but also for the visually impaired, they can easily tell which is which through touch and weight.

read OP, it has little bumps in it so people can tell the values.

Here is the size of the coins.

Also the ink never actually dries.
a lot of people from other countries who hold our notes tend to notice that there is a dampness to them

to elaborate, not only the size but the weight of each coin is very distinct; 2 dollars being the heaviest and 5 cents being the lightest.

Get the fuck outta here. No way! The future really is now.

r8

lol you guys need to get over those fucking islands man.

that's strange. I guess they make round-about ways of doing things and keep it all secret to stop being from forging money? Actually this was an issue in Australia, that lead to the development and adoption of polymer notes here. You can't really forge them due to the multiple layers of security features.

I guess it's the same for american notes, they just took a different route and keep it secret?

>back when it was first conceptualised people were super pissy about it
>now nobody really bats an eye

Why do you all guys put a human face into money?

Because people are real and they have influence. Unlike say, Dragons.

*blocks your path*

We don't

>having a bank advertisment on your bills

fucking disgusting

Not sure whether it's lobbying (the penny costs the government more money to make than it's worth and the main lobbying party keeping it in circulation is the fucking zinc manufacturers who make the damn things) or wanting to keep classic design that and feel that's immediately recognizable but they keep getting more creative with security measures without coming up with entirely new bills. But with the addition of the plastic security strip on the 100 note maybe shows that they're not completely adverse to the idea.

what the fuck is that blue and orange shit?
I've never seen that on your bills

That 100 looks like someone fucking took it from Microsoft Office.

Your new dollars look like stock coupons.

>Ripping off our full vertical clear divide

Wow that's pathetic.

Euro bills are all the same but coins differs between countries

Canada has it too?
Also
>ripping off the OUR concept of polymer notes, the technology to make it and of our concept of having transparency in notes

>Canada has it too?

Yeah.

>fold $20 bill
>see this

what did they mean by this?

show me pic of it held up in environment transparency always looks shit/unnoticeable on flat display

you can do this sort of weird shit with every notes, it's just the nature of putting random things related to a country on a sheet

>that feel when receive a serious reply instead of 9/11 banter

feels bad man

Not a fan of these fancy new polymer notes 2bh

You're just afraid of change.
They're fine.

>who are they?

ITT: Monopoly money.

>what did they mean by this?
That you're retarded enough to think folding a bank note has a deep and esoteric meaning.

open your mind the evidence is there
jet fuel can't melt steel beams

just found an old one dollar note. How much do you think its worth?

>ITT: Monopoly money.
Monopoly money is better than your bland, uniform shit.
If you have 10+ notes in your wallet, how do you quickly identify which note is the right one you're looking for?

A dollar.

do you have them as well?

how do they feel? still like normal bills or more like a plastic-ish card?

why do you have bill murray on your 50?

that's clearly Dr. Femtio Kronor.
inventor of the dynamite.

when are you cunts gonna get rid of the penny? whats the point? our feds wanna get rid of the 5c coin because no one even uses them and vending/ticket machines etc stopped accepting them bloody ages ago