Tell me why i'm supposed to hate this again?

Tell me why i'm supposed to hate this again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v_WGJScwjgg
youtube.com/watch?v=gDumy6gwDks
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it's bad

It's actually really good

The fuck is this indie rock looking shit?

honestly now that the pitchfork crowd has labelled him dad-rock and seems to be turning on him I think we can like him again

now I don't know what to think

Because ROCKET will be better

FFS he hasn't done anything fresh since Ying Yang and 2

he's shit though. literal joke of a discography

Bc it's *mainstream* now and this is Sup Forums and everyone here uses their music taste to feel superior to those that make them feel less superior so clearly you cant like anything *they* like

idk I think its pretty great, I think most people who claim to hate mac are just try-hards, his songs are very enjoyable great for riding around in summer either alone or with friends. There's a lot of sadness in his music and a lot of happiness

He's likeable but ultimately ranging from mediocre to decent

goofball memes aside mac seems like such a lovely guy to be friends with, makes me miss my old buddies ;,,,(

Mac is a popular artist

Therefore you have to hate him or you're not Sup Forums

he's not mainstream. you're one of those fags that projects their shit taste onto anyone that likes non alternative indie jangly soulless pop rock

mac started out mediocre and has been in decline ever since

My ass he's not mainstream. Everyone and their mother knows mac demarco, unless you live under a fucking rock. You're the one who's projecting I've been listening to black metal all day so I wouldn't say my taste is one sided

Because he's a chill guy and we hate when people are happy

>mac demarco is not mainstream

holy shit

you fucking normie burger records kids who dress like mac demarco control LA's scene

"likeable"

youtube.com/watch?v=v_WGJScwjgg

he's pretty fucking boring and has the worst fanbase i've ever seen.

his songs are cookie cutter love songs with vibrato, chorus, and reverb pedals. there's hardly any genuine sadness after his first EP

youtube.com/watch?v=gDumy6gwDks

this is a good start but he just keeps beating the same dead horse over and over again and with the newest album you can hear how lazy he's gotten.

>LA

subhumans not allowed

>Therefore you have to hate him or you're not Sup Forums
riiiiiiight... greyt bayt mayt
front page is literally spammed with celeb gossip 24/7...

his album which came out today is very sad, my dad recently had a stroke and he's aspirating liquid into his lungs, dont know how much time is left. Scares me even though we had a horrible relationship. this album is really making me feel something. Also he's perfectly charming in the interview you posted. I think you should step back and really ask yourself why you hate this guy so much. He's just a guy who loves making music and is lucky enough to be in a position where he can make whatever he wants.

I'm excited to listen to this. Including this and makeout videotape what do you guys think are mac's best albums?

the song you posted is great, what are you trying to show with that interview.

do you know a single person who has a mother that knows mac demarco

i would marry kiki

this old dog > 2 > Rock and roll Night Club > Salad Days > Ying Yang > Some Other Ones>salad days demos>Another One

it's an example of a good song from him. the interview just shows his boring personality

He seems like a cool guy based of that interview, jonathan richman is the man

>weezer

Alright well I don't think it showed him having a boring personality. Pretty interesting interview. Would you rather he jump up on the couch and start screaming and pissing on the interviewer?

i like weezer guess that means im boring oh well

i'd rather him make music with character like he did with makeout videotape and rock and roll night club.

okay why does everyone on this board love weezer? that shit was done 10 years before the blue album

You spend too much time with autists. Not a single normie in any of my classes knows of mac

almost right, switch 2 with rock and roll nightclub

what about his music now lacks character

It's his best album. I was a passive listener of his before this one but I just keep wanting to hear it again.

they had good albums with good songs I guess

I don't get why Sup Forums hates this guy so much. Like, his music isn't amazing, but he seems like a nice guy and some of his songs are decent. Is Sup Forums just contrarian?

post more kiki

why is it so hard to find lewds

she is so pure

I have his phone number I call him sometimes

He thinks his best album is either 2 or salad days

cute little cat lips

If trips post his #

post that shit boy i want to congratulate mac on the album, the guy gave out his home address on a song so its not like he'd care.

some other ones is his best demo/bsides album, so chill

>it will never be 2012 - 2014 again

2012 was 9 years ago

fugg

No but seriously culture has radically changed on a microcosmic music scale in the last five years if u think about it

oh for sure, Indie music feels like its simultaneously dying and bigger than ever now that ever pop star from taylor swift to halsey has appropriated the style. It made me sick when I heard that son lux song being butchered by that disingenuous fuckpig.

post number or gtfo

Maybe you spend too much time with boring fucks then bc literally frat boys even like mac demarco. Judging by all the fucking girls that wear overalls now I'd say this man has transcended memedom and enter popular culture. Yeah he's not Kanye West but c'mon he still makes guitar music so what do you expect?

Those were shit years tho

maybe if you were in middle school

I have high hopes for ROCKET but Mac DeMarco and Alex G make very different music

>favorite album is plastic ono band
wow i was just thinking about how this old dog reminded me of plastic ono band.

this 10x

tfw I will never be 16 years old at the Ty Segall / Mac Demarco double bill in NYC ever again

That's some serious indie cred there brotha

besides the indie cred points, it was an excellent show

2 had been released, but Salad Days still hadn't been out yet, so Mac had yet to really blow up. He had a fanbase of really passionate people excited to see him play what was probably one of his largest shows ever at the time, and it was before his fans were all "random xD" teenagers. After his set, he jumped into the crowd and walked right by me, I said "hey, nice guitar" and he said "thanks'

Ty was also incredible

here's an idea. think for yourself

this was me but in sf and berkeley

saw mac like 5 times. bittersweet memories