/shugazi/

Shoegaze thread.

First off, check out the new Planning For Burial if you haven't already. Dull Knife is one of the best gaze/post-metal songs I've heard in a while.

Also I've seen other people post their own stuff in these threads too so here goes:
Released a drone/shoegaze/glitch EP about gender dysphoria/hating your body. Dig. debutantemusic.bandcamp.com/album/feral-split

Other urls found in this thread:

planningforburial.bandcamp.com/album/something
youtube.com/watch?v=m1oxKoXMY5o
thequietus.com/articles/22326-slowdive-neil-halstead-interview-favourite-albums
youtube.com/watch?v=hg0YyLnlwn4
youtube.com/watch?v=BRmvzDRjj-c
rkursem.com/poll/view.php?id=9b0020c63cc784084
youtube.com/watch?v=7jW-8twJFk8&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=wujw-FH2Itw
nosunband.bandcamp.com/album/if-only
planningforburial.bandcamp.com/album/heaven-or-atlantic-city
youtube.com/watch?v=h3i6le4GhFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

New PFB is sick af

I'm doing RCs tonight (Ephenidine) music for the e-hole?

OP is a fag

actually no. I struggle with gender dysphoria personally so it's really neat to have music be written about it. And I loved their "Birthmarks" release.

PFB is AOTYSF

Agreed desu

Not for you, tho x

Have you guys checked out this though?
planningforburial.bandcamp.com/album/something

Obviously not on the album's level but still a neat little ambient/drone bonus.

The description and the album cover had me pretty excited but I found the music itself to be disappointing to be completely honest.

I haven't listened to much drone or noise so I might be uninformed but the first track seemed out of place and a tad boring, though I can look past it as an intro.
I liked the instrumentation and the lyrics on Cry Yourself to be quite nice, and I really enjoyed the instrumentation on No Mirrors from about 7 minutes onward. I found the vocals on both tracks to be lackluster (especially the ones on No Mirrors which I thought sounded a bit underdeveloped and nasally) and the lyrics on No Mirrors to be too direct and long-winded to be "lyrical".
Also, maybe it was just the mastering but the the latter two tracks didnt seem to have much "texture" and came of as just kinda bland to me. Which made me kinda sad because it's really apparent that there is good foundation here.

I'm not really good at putting my thoughts on music into words and I might have been a bit harsh, but I wanted to let you know what I thought about your EP, and all in all I'm actually quite looking forward to anything else you put out despite how I sounded

Is that the osu! logo?

can someone post some good jap-gaze stuff? i would appreciate it

is this shugazi

youtube.com/watch?v=m1oxKoXMY5o

Guys this is really good, you should listen to it if you haven't

Love seeing the PFB love

thequietus.com/articles/22326-slowdive-neil-halstead-interview-favourite-albums

Neil Halstead from Slowdive's 13 most important albums

Did anybody pick up the record boxset for this? How much did it go for originally?

He's got good taste, honestly

My Dead Girlfriend -- Hades

A.R Kane and Talk Talk confirm Neil has patrician taste.

I haven't dropped the cash for it yet but I plan on grabbing the boxset and the CD for my car. Last I saw the Boxset was sixty-something.

yea thats a good pick.

tsumanne by shinsei kamattechan
mass of the fermenting dredgs - s/t
some of boris' stuff is pretty gaze-y too.

Oh no I appreciate the crit desu! Yeah no obviously we're both only home recording artists so all the mixing/mastering is entirely trial and error and we still have a lot to improve. As for the vocals, yea they seem to be smth that people either rly like or rly don't, not much I can do on that front.

Thanks a bunch for giving it a listen tho!

to the people who've been to slowdive this week, what merch do they carry at the show? Do they have tour t-shirts? I'm going tonight!

holy shit, Slowdive before Slowdive : youtube.com/watch?v=hg0YyLnlwn4

recs for someone dropping acid for the first time tonight?

No, it's more like ambient arena-rock lol (not bad just gives off that oxymoronic vibe to me). Vaguely reminds me of Silversun Pickups which I also don't think I'd call shoegaze

This is like shoegaze-lite, still really good
youtube.com/watch?v=BRmvzDRjj-c

Loveless is all you need

souvlaki is pretty good too

LSD and the search for god
Bowery Electric
Asobi Seksu
those were the ones I listened to on my first trip
BE CAREFUL, don't do it alone, make sure you aren't depressed before going in.

rkursem.com/poll/view.php?id=9b0020c63cc784084

Voting for 2017's up and running

CQ huh
youtube.com/watch?v=7jW-8twJFk8&feature=youtu.be

I rec that you drop it early as you can because it lasts a long time and you won't be able to fall asleep

oeil - Urban Twilight

New song from Japanese Breakfast. It's... different from Psychopomp

youtube.com/watch?v=wujw-FH2Itw

nosunband.bandcamp.com/album/if-only

anybody got a download link for pic related? can't find it on soulseek and the only torrent i have is dead

not sure how to feel about this

Deakin - Sleep Cycle
Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort
Ratatat - LP3
Deafheaven - Sunbather

Not really all shoegaze but good albums

what are some albums that sound like this

On second listen I like it a good bit. Not amazing, but enjoyable once I got over the initial shock from the change in sound.

[spoiler]magnet:?xt=urn:btih:2A3EA15B2C87A30E8A4461713EAD2CE7E405045D&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt3.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet&dn=(Indie%2C%20Shoegaze)%20No%20Sun%20-%20If%20Only%20-%202017%2C%20MP3%2C%20320%20kbps[/spoiler]
It's from the rutacker. Hope it works out.

Glad to see Planning For Burial being discussed, he's one of those really special artists to me.
Something about his music nails a sort of depression/dread that's so much heavier than the usual gloomy stuff.
His drone music is REALLY good too, for anyone who's a fan of that overwhelmingly empty vibe. It's mostly tape-loop stuff that slowly evolves. planningforburial.bandcamp.com/album/heaven-or-atlantic-city

I needed ~10 listens + watching the Slowdive documentary for pic related to click.
But it finally did. Holy shit.

your thoughts

youtube.com/watch?v=h3i6le4GhFc
I don't know if this is backpackergaze but the vocal melodies are very nice, good guitar work too.

They don't have a bad release imo

I agree.
5 EP was kinda underwhelming imo, but still not bad.

it's shit, they're overrated
GOAT album, try Bowery Electric

Luminous Orange - Drop You Vivid Colours