/180/: SINGHA BEER GRAND SLAM OF DARTS DAY 7

It's quarter finals time at the Wolverhampton Civic Hall and the matches now increase by a large margin to best of 31 (first to 16). Personally, I'd rather see it be best of 25 (first to 13) because it's less of a leap from best of 19 but I'm not Uncle Barry so we'll have just to cope.

One person who is going to have to cope with the extended format is Northern Irish number 1 Brendan Dolan as he plays World number 1 Michael van Gerwen in a rematch of their Group A tie. In what is typical Dullster Dynamite fashion, the Belcoo bore averaged between 90 and 99 to come back from 4-0 and 5-1 down against agitated Welsh rugby boy Gerwyn Price to win in a last leg shootout. The Autism Express on the other hand was rarely troubled by Robert Thornton in his last 16 tie, and based on the 5-1 whacking he handed out in the group phase, you can probably guess who will advance from this one.

The other match tonight is the latest iteration in what is becoming quite a good rivalry as Peter Wright plays Phil Taylor; both men. got past their BDO opponents in Darryl Fitton and Jeff Smith respectively with ease. The pair's match at the World Series of Darts Finals was one of the fixtures of the year, and with Clownman repeatedly resistant to being pocketed by the Stoke sex pest, this should be a phenomenal battle. The only negative for Panto Pete is he has never played Philth over this distance, so that could be his undoing and eventual return to being on Coco the Cow Wife's leash.

Coverage starts at 7:00pm UK time on SS2.

>Tonight's matches (best of 31 legs)
MvGOAuTism v Brendan "Ulster Dud-Namite" Dolan
Snakeshite v Taylel

>Day six roundup
pdc.tv/news/article/t5vo0a6za6ok1lrzmvhwrw98g/title/singha-beer-grand-slam---thursday

Other urls found in this thread:

live-darts.com/category/darts-interviews/glen-durrant-grand-slam-interview-20161118-0005/
ad.nl/dossier-darts/dartslegende-phil-taylor-kondigt-afscheid-aan~abd1a97b/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

And as if losing all your representatives in the competition wasn't bad enough, the BDO have been dealt another blow in the past few hours as their Number 1 Glen Durrant has all but confirmed he is set to switch: live-darts.com/category/darts-interviews/glen-durrant-grand-slam-interview-20161118-0005/

>"I'm a big fan of the PDC and the product they have in place. The fans, the stage and the whole setup was all very special and I'll never forget the experience. I've got a huge decision to make and I would say I've made that decision now. I'll speak to the right people first, my manager, the BDO and the PDC, but in my mind I've made the decision already."

Duzza's last BDO tournament will most probably be Lakeside 2017, which would mean that the current BDO #1 player has left to join the PDC in 3 of the past 6 BDO Worlds (alongside 2014 (Stephen Bunting) and 2015 (James Wilson)); the last #1 seed not to leave at some point was Wolfie in 2012.

These "defections" will keep happening until the BDO sort their shit out, which is never looking likely.

OOH AH UP THE DARTS

who /dab/ ere

execute all wogs.

Easy there Simon

Finally, weekend and /180/, comfy time. Only an embarrassing 16-1 massacre of Doglan stands between us and a great match.

>that picture

Poor Wolfie will be lonely

>weekend and /180/, comfy time
There's nothing better. Btw, that picture is disturbing.

>I'm a big fan of the PDC and the product they have in place

What did he mean by this?

>Btw, that picture is disturbing.
At least Dolan now was able to convey emotions.

*dabs*

Dab level: Autistic

And we're on now.

>starting with a Taylel montage

>that Catch Me If You Can montage
Pretty good

[lip licking intensifies]

MVG so far ahead he can afford to double like a BDO player.

Dolan so bad MvG can miss tons of doubles and still take the legs comfortably

There's a new Darts DVD out, looks like shit.

>Two darts blocking the T20
>Go for it anyway

>Dolan

>81 average
BRAVO DOLAN

Still a lot of work to do to get to 90-99 avg

Dolan resembling the aftermath of MDZ 5211 here

Also, I agree with you OP that first to 13 would be better for the quarterfinals. Start the session about half an hour earlier and you can fit all four quarters in one session. Then semis on Saturday and finals on Sunday. Now there's this weird scheduling with the double session on Sunday.

>Dolel 78.74 average

Is this jobber for real?

>come home from work
>open stream
>the expected result

At least there's hope for a good caravan brawl later tonight.

>that last dart D6
lyl

It's van gerwen nappy time. We will wake him up in the next commercial break.

It's funny to see /180/ always dies when a match is dying. A big finish works as a defibrillator though.

Dolan showing some of his 90-99 greatness but he's completely failed to compete.

>9-1
Fucking hell.

Can we trade Durrant and Wolfie for Dolan and Pipe please?

Here lies Dolan. He never scored.

MvG not even having to come out of second gear for this one
>Dolel

>11-1
Has there ever been a 16-0?

What do you expect? Autism performs poorly, yet he still leads 11:1.

We haven't even seen a Dolan 180 finger-twirl yet

So now that this match is over for quite some time, are you rooting for Peter "The Pigwife" Painter or Phil "The Van Man" Failor?

ANOTHER LEG FOR DOLEL!

ABTaylor

I pick miss piggy everytime over sexual harasament.

Wouldn't mind clown advancing. Will he face MvG in the semis if he does? Seems to be clowns fate that he at least has to cut through two of MvG, Taylel or Gando to win a major.

Dolan avg 87.45
It's still on! C'mon Brendan

THE COMEBACK IS ON
THE LEGENDARY HISTORY MAKER IS NOT DONE YET

kek

2 LEGS ON THE SPIN!!!

In b4 Michael leaves for 2 full sessions and lets Dolan play alone until 13-13, then comes back and wins 16-13.

>16-3

Shit sorry guys

Be gone Dolan, and don't come back

kek! again!

>couldn't take advantage of 1st gear MVG nor average 90-99
>dolel

Thanks to last match, there will be at least two filed rapes tonight in Wolverhampton

Come on clownman, please dont deflate and roll over for the groper.

>trumpets of a fallen king.mp3

So will grandpa really quit end 2017? Or is it just him being a funny ol grandpa?

TURN THE MAGNETS ON, BAZZA.

Barney?

He's just being odd. He knows he fucked up this year by missing out on the Euros and is compensating for it.

>le miss D16 man

I don't think I've ever seen a more calm player than Peter Wright. Winning or losing he never seems to let any emotions get to him. I think that's one of the reasons why he's so consistent and constantly manages to get into the later stages of all tournaments.

Apart from those times he broke down after beating Philth but I get what you mean.

>tfw slowly getting my hopes up

Does Taylor not retire because he wouldn't have anything else to do?

No, Taylor? I actually can't find an English source?

But here is it in Dutch: ad.nl/dossier-darts/dartslegende-phil-taylor-kondigt-afscheid-aan~abd1a97b/

"I'll quit at the end of next year. No more European Championships or Players Championships. I'll only play tournaments that I'm invited for. That's what the PDC wants me to do. After that, I'm done."

It's seen as a pretty reliable newspaper over here, but I can't find a source on it as well.

>5-0

>TAYLEL WHITEWASHED
It sure IS a comfy evening now.

>even clown whitewashing taylor in a session
Taylorwinslol confirmed over.

There will be.

Sorry; with Grandpa I thought you meant Opa Barney.

But Taylor missing the PCFs for the first time ever is a definite indication he's packing it in.

>you
Thanks a lot.

Yeah I understand the misunderstanding. But it's weird that all Dutch media (probably copying eachother) are saying Taylel will quit for sure at the end of next year. Even with an interview.

And again, no English sources. Has to be Putin's or something.

*Putin's work or something

>not zooming in on T20 when Phillith can leave D21

Garbage.

>putin
I think you mean PDC's Putin Uncle Bazza

>break
AND
HERE
WE
GO

...ugh

Fuck sake everytime

At least we got a match.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUG

:(

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP MISSING IT AGAINST TAYLOR

FUCK THE DOUBLE 12 I HATE THE DOUBLE 12

The curse of autism

D12 is the final boss of darts.

>not going t15 d18 to escape the curse

If only there was a way to hit a 9darter on D14

>not going for 170-170-161 in any particular order

Casuals everywhere

>fat 5
GJGE Peter

How many perfect darts did /180/ manage? I never had more than 4 T20 in a row, and they weren't even at the start of the leg.

Prematch Snakeshite interview:
>I start slow and get going later in the game

Real life:
>My opponent starts slow and gets going later in the game

Poor snaky

Reading through justin credibles blog. Whats his problem? I mean its pretty funny but he literally hates everything about darts

DAT 152

>Taylel wanting to leave the stage

RATTLED

Clown man stop playing around ffs. If they go level at 14-14 and he ends loses this i'll be more than pissed.

>phil taylor retires in the middle of a match
>he comes back

HE RUINED MY FANTASY

309 out in 6 darts. 180 - T20 -19 -bull

If you're completely honest, you can see it as 4 perfect darts, cause I went for T19, but I had 1 double shot anyway. Your descision.