The Mandela effect

From Wikipedia
An internet meme related to confabulation is the Mandela Effect, a situation where a number of people have memories that are different from available evidence. The term was coined by paranormal enthusiast Fiona Broome, who says she and other people remember Nelson Mandela dying in 1980s, rather than in 2013. She argues that common memories which appear mistaken could be explained by the existence of parallel universes that are able to interact with each other. A common thread of discussion regarding this "effect" is remembering the Berenstain Bears with a different spelling.

With that being said... let's take a little poll shall we?

strawpoll.me/10875169

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RgDPi5WvC8M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Isn't it the Mandala Effect

fuck... ya see? fucking LHC is fucking up reality.

Only normies will answer Luke, I am your father

GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

a lot of people seem to have heard "Luke"

You're all retarded children, go back to reading the Berenstein Bears instead of shitting up my board.

This "Mandela Effect" shit is narcissistic to the extreme. People misremember things or don't pay close enough attention, it's a part of being human. Yet these special snowflakes think "Hmm, this thing isn't exactly as I remember it. I MUST'VE BEEN LAUNCHED INTO A PARALLEL UNIVERSE!!11"

First off, there's the Berenstain Bears thing. Stain is very similar to Stein. Stein is more common (oy vey), and people read it wrong. Most people are only barely literate anyway, especially children. Also, everyone pronounced it "Bernstein"; therefore they thought it was spelled that way.

And with Star Wars, to pull that line out of it's context, "Luke, I am your father" sounds much better than, "No, I am your father" or just "I am your father". Without the inclusion of his name, the reference is lost. Vader ALWAYS SAID "No, I am your father".

We only remember it as berenstein bears because berenstain is such an odd, unconventional spelling.

The only reason people remember the quote wrong is because pop culture constantly misquotes it as "Luke, I am your father" because "No, I am your father" sounds off when taken out of context.
You're not remembering the scene different than other people, you'e just remembering wrong.
youtube.com/watch?v=RgDPi5WvC8M
Just go ahead and skip to 1:30

NO,THAT'S NOT TRUE.. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!

God the fights were so much more organic back then

Can we please go back to this?

/thread

couldn't have been put any better
you do us all an honor

I'd love it if some movie was distributed to cinemas in a few slightly different cuts and IRL people would have huge fights about what happened exactly.

I agree with you guys, but the point of this thread is to see how many remember it as something different than what it really was.

>Clue

>how many remember it as something different than what it really was.
You mean how many are remembering it wrong

>he's serious

I had no idea. That's rad.

However, I would prefer smaller differences. Stuff that would genuinely make people question each others' and their own memory.

y-yeah

I can disprove Mandela effect like Henry VIII devours a turkey leg

Good

Fuck you, stupid jumped up faggot, it was berenstein, your reality sucks shit