Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums

Have you ever quit a job solely because you fucking despised it?

Yes. The boss was nice but the bitch he hired to work under him was a retard and she pissed me off

Bout to do that later this week

Yes
Dishwasher at a buffet wen i was 17

Me too, holmes. Good luck.

Yes. When I could and easily did fall asleep many times while standing over speeding conveyer belts "observing" products. Didn't like that much

You as well Sup Forumsro

I had a production conveyor belt job a few years back and again over christmas, I left after 2 weeks this time.

>>wasting good Satan trips

>le trips xDDD

checked

Yeah. A few actually. Like, I worked at Jack in the Box (a shitty fast food restaurant) and was put on the deep fryer. Got spattered with hot grease and bitched at by manager for 8 hours straight. Went home and could not get the french fry smell out of my hair or skin. Never went back. Worked one shift. Burned uniform.

I was going to do an Ausbildung in Germany, wich is a dual formation: you work and study the same thing. It's 3 years long and it was for becoming an electrician. Working in the construction is the worst thing I've ever done, so I quit.

I quit Wendy's because working there made me want to kill myself

Quit my investment banking job after 4 years. 100 hour weeks doing nothing but editing powerpoint presentations ad infinitum. Money's good but you don't have time to spend it on anything. I realised there's no much more to life than money.

GERMAN FUCKING FAGGOT
>>worked construction
Quit!

*so much more -_-

Might as well say why I'm leaving lol. Was hired on a assistant manager, work was easy and I like my job. Went back to school (try to better myself) by taking online classes. (did not interfere with my work schedule) got demoted to cashier. Health took a turn down hill, had to start walking with a cane. All of a sudden "management" is dumping all this work on me. Can't do it cause I can't walk good without cane. Management is a bunch of asswhole.

Another one: worked in telemarketing. People hate telemarketers. My gf had just dumped me, and I was dialing people all day who would just hang up on me or, occasionally, call me a piece of shit and tell me to kill myself. Lasted 2 days.

I agree, no point in making money from a job that makes you too fucking miserable to make it worth it.

Yes.
My view is that I need a job but I do not need this particular job. Might as well find one that I like.

Yea McDonald's

yes.
was call center agent customer service for AT&T

Of course. Stay afloat and don't live on the streets but as a general rule, if you don't enjoy doing something don't do it. This doesn't apply to just getting a basic education.

I've walked away from at least 4 jobs that I can remember. Life's too fucking short to spend one third of every day doing something that you despise doing. It'll kill you quicker than unemployment.

Shelf stacking at Homebase (diy store) bored and walked out mid shift after a month or two. Shift Manager was a cunt too. She was slowly dying inside at what a shit job she had and she was mid 40s

Does Homebase still exist? Haven't been near one in years.

Yeah it still exists. All the staff look like zombies

Tech-support for a local isp
Lasted two weeks
Never again

I quit a job after 3 years a month ago, a good one (well pay at least). I couldn't think of the point if I get up 5-6 days a week and work at a place I can't stand with people I can't stand.

Maybe I'll regret it, but I had to at least try to find something that doesn't make me want to shoot myself.

Worked as a hitman. Its a dead end job

You did the right thing.

Quit my last job at petrol station - manager was a bitch, she drove several people to resign, I was tired all the time, and I was even diagnosed with depression from a combination of this and the fact that i was made redundant from my previous job (which was the only job I've had that I actually enjoyed).

Was the best decision I ever made.

The best part though? The manager finally got fired by head office the week before my notice period ended, so at least I was able to leave on good terms.

That's a very positive approach, how odd to see something like this on Sup Forums

Yes every job I've worked so far

As long as you have another job set up it doesn't really matter

Fedex Ground. About $10/hr start. Max $14/hr.
Managers sleep with every barely legal teens every night, and come in hungover everyday to do nothing at all, except stare at a CCTV system, and yell at the workers through speakers. I did it loyally for 3 Christmases. You get to workout like a champion. Final straw was one manager started sending me downstairs to work the 100lb boxes every day, because he got jealous over my girlfriend which he simply couldnt lay.

I've never had a job.
>studied my whole life
>currently in field training which leads to employment
>IT security, working for the people that actually make sure major corporations aren't getting rekt, not your shitty 'IT guy'

Oh, and I enjoy it this far. What's hard is getting to the point of actually producing code that's up to par with the rest of the, more qualified, more experienced, team.
I'm not seeing myself quitting unless the pressure kills me.

Except you have 0 job experience. You're definitely going to start your career as a shitty IT guy.

Yeah, felt great. I didn't have another job for about six months after that, though. Interviewers laugh at you when you say you quit because of a bad boss

Except I'm not. The company I 'work' for only does security, and they're cutting edge. We're the guys you hire when your company loses everything because of your 'IT guy'.
Also, I'm educated in this field, in contrast to most 'IT guys'.

Yeah dude, never had a job and you're wayyyy ahead of these 'IT guys'

>people magically have experience without experience
>actually have employment in 2 months at company that solely does this
>totally going to be just an IT guy

Get a load of this IT guy.

Yes because it was fucking far away, the work was pointless, because we were under staffed, under funded, under equipped and as a topping: The work was also minimum wage and not particularly healthy.
In hindsight i have to say that time work was usually kinda fun and intresting for the few month's i was there, but this was a fucking disgrace.

Yup, walked out of Geek Squad years ago

I worked in a kitchen with a chef who would go full Gordon Ramsay on people for no reason. I was cleaning up the stove in the morning when he accused me of hiding his knife set. I denied it and he flipped out. He threw a ladle at the back of my head so I quit later that day. I hated the cunt and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one.

>Have you ever quit a job solely because you fucking despised it?
Yep. A couple of times. Maybe three, upon reflection.

Worked at Chuck E Cheese for like a month. managers verbally harassed me. had to dress in the mouse costume several times each day. on christmas eve i lost my dad and in january i lost my longtime job as well as my house. i took the chuck e cheese job out of necessity but im so glad i left that place i was losing my fucking mind.