youtube.com/watch?v=ySvXYETgOws
youtube.com/watch?v=Cebne3MTloU
youtube.com/watch?v=nLnqd707Fnw
youtube.com/watch?v=rEtMed6_1b8
youtube.com/watch?v=uLba3KtlLQM
youtube.com/watch?v=YpsBZRnjE20
youtube.com/watch?v=qAXfQzKod1I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Finally someone agrees. It's so god damn comfy.

Not the best but still pretty good. A good prequel to deathly hallows. I like how its like an unofficial part 1 of a trilogy HBP,DH1,DH2.

>how ugly and grey can we make everything look: the harry potter film
>best

No.

It's the one year they actually have a pretty normal time at hogwarts, other than Dumbledore dying at the end.

I turned it off like 30 minutes into it

should i finish it

loved 3, liked 4 , hated 5

the entire series is comfy

You know what user I like the way you think

Hiccup, yes

I only like the first two movies. The others are too angsty, and honestly not that great adaptations a lot of the time.

I think we can all agree that the Yates movies were shit.

It was the only one who really god the Boarding school spirit.
It was the only one who got the teenage feel
It was as good as the rest when it came to action.
The seen with Dumbeldore was so long and boring, I allays skip it

Yes man finish it. And go on to the others like Says. Its much better than 5

Hates cause they destroyed the ending.

Worst adaptation ever.

We don't need two harry potter movie ranking threads

I love watching them every year during the Fall season.

kys

Nah.

Just tell yourself that Dumbledore killed Voldemort at the end of 5 and call it a day.

Get a better tv

The books were eh movies have different necessities. I honestly think 4 5 are the only bad adaptations

Get a bigger bait

abc family plays them like every week so you can watch them anytime

Best character though.

I think we can ACTUALLY agree goblet was the worst

This is a half blood prince thread

No man its so good. You need to chill and take it in the climax had me. Dreary and dreamlike

No we can't. Chamber of Secrets is by far the worst.

>directed the two movies withe the lowest RT scores of them all
>the only movie that really succeeded was 7.2 and only because it was a hyped up conclusion
>all of his movies were black like his soul edgy

He ruined Harry Potter 2bh.

>implying I don't own them

your point is?

>tfw he'll never turn students into animals for you when they bully you

Yes

To bad they didn't give him a proper send off.

Order is the weakest one.

Definitely not.

If we're looking at it "objectively", I think Order of the Pheonix is the worst one, because it leaves out a lot of material and generally doesn't contain many interesting or memorable scenes.

Yeah order is the worst. I liked the music in Goblet.

That low rt score proves its patrician though. Because goblet and dh2 have sucjhhigh scores they are pleb.

Even yates got an excellence in directing award in britain for order of the phoenix who cares about RT make up your own mind.

As an adaptation of the books, I 100% agrees with this
Objectively looking at the movies, I agree with

A lot of the material was prime for cutting to be honest.

Yes, yes that's the best one.

HOWEVER

>That low rt score proves its patrician though
Contrarian corner is over on Sup Forums, lad.

>the only movie that really succeeded
>5 highest grossing
>6 highest grossing
>7.1 highest grossing
>7.2 highest grossing
7.2 was yates worst no wonder its considered the best. They all got good reviews. Hbp got great reviews

This meme is bad and you should feel like an idiot for forcing it.

i rewatched the series recently and I realized how fucking much they make a shift at three. First two are happy generic fantasy, then three is edgy grimdark shit, hell, they even open up with a gothic choir. It was funny as fuck to watch as it felt totally out of place back to back

Great a Sup Forums response

See

You'd know.

>edgy grimdark
I think you mean competent director and dp. No shit its different

lmao okay

CoS is the first introduction of Horcruxes and Riddle's backstory to the series

Reading comprehension? I'm talking about your buzzword not your post

That's why it's the best, dude.

It made me feel like I no longer needed to cut to feel the despair I was looking for.

Prisoner of Azkaban may be darker, but it's probably the best one of all.

Are you KIDDING ME? Its one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Goblet of fire is on tv right now and harry is watching kids bang in carraiges and snapes being a cockblock kek why didn't they keep that in the final cut. I thought I had seen all the deleted scenes. Snowy outside yule ball fucking is great whyd you cut that

Watching is a youth it feels like the movies got older as you did.

Hell no. Azkaban is the best.

To be honest Half Blood and Order are the only ones that improve when you rewatch them. Even Ashkenazim gets worse on repeated watches

Azkaban is another favorite of mine

This is true because they did

I'd agree I don't think azkaban gets worse tho...dh1 gets better too

Here it is

youtube.com/watch?v=nj7N7h1lSS8

This. It's darker because the subject is, it's goes from Big Bad Guy of the year to friends betraying each other, finally finding family and losing him again, having your soul sucked out, etc.

I watched chunks of 2, 3, and 4 today, and it's crazy how much better 3 is due to the direction. 2 is a languid adequate adaptation, 4 feels choppy as fuck and like an edited version of a longer film. 3 works like an actual movie, with real pacing for once, emotional payoff, a very long but well built climax, so many little asides to build the world and keep the typically episodic plot moving without rushing the way the back 4 movies do

the werewolf scene in PoA used to scare me to death as a child. The part where harry and hermione are trying to sneak away and accidently walk right into Lupin's sight scared the shit out of me

It's almost like the series went from
>bad director
>Great director
>bad director
>bad director

Seriously what the fuck was cuaron even doing there? Such an out of place talent.

Honestly, this one and the Order one just blend into one movie in my mind. All the other ones are very distinctive but these two are just too similar

Thread theme
youtu.be/_0dq6SL8WRc

I thought yates and cuaron were good they are very different directors though

I love the song and its use but the thread theme should be something from Half Blood Prince it has a great soundtrack

youtube.com/watch?v=InbY9rHMee0

youtube.com/watch?v=3MvHMPKg6oE

youtube.com/watch?v=hkSA4l7sWl8

youtube.com/watch?v=GXsIjIJAtpg

youtube.com/watch?v=yjeER4_tGTs

youtube.com/watch?v=ySvXYETgOws

youtube.com/watch?v=Cebne3MTloU

youtube.com/watch?v=nLnqd707Fnw

youtube.com/watch?v=rEtMed6_1b8

youtube.com/watch?v=uLba3KtlLQM

youtube.com/watch?v=YpsBZRnjE20

youtube.com/watch?v=qAXfQzKod1I

The only HP movie to be nominated for a cinematography oscar.

The worst overall movie but it had the best ending.

terrible
do you think trash like daft punk is good too, /r/music?

What the fuck does daft punk have to do with that. No I like kraftwerk

And how you listened to half an hour of music in 8 minutes idk

I feel like the 2nd last had the best cinematography

It should have won to be honest. Dh1 was nominates as well or nominated for set direction or something I forget

Nice taste I loved Serras work in dh1 too

All you need to do is listen to a few Hooper tracks(not art) to know hes a hack like Zimmermen
In fact even listening to only living death is enough if you know stuff about music

comfiest and best harry potter film incoming

Do shitskin aussies actually believe this?
>comfyxD
oh i see

I like his style and its actually has a range unlike zimmer i dont se a comparison ar all the opening track has a nice progressive beat and he doesnt do that all the time like zimmer. Listen to drink of despair, journey to the cave or inferi they souns different from his suite styles. Ive heard much worse. Did you like doyles work?

I think he did a good job. My favorites are harry and hermione and dumbledores lament

Hes right how's living by assumptions going

Nice taste I put it up there with half blood prince and azkaban hard to pick

Why are Harry Potter films so comfy?

:')

because you're a manchild without a sense of measured judgment and critique so you come up with an arbitrary meme to cover up for your plebness.

i thought this was supossed to be a drama.
now a book then a film?
is she running low on money?

>he's projecting
>no I'm patrician!
Why even bother (You)

No shes just becoming irrelevant and its lining up very perfectly with Warners current sinkhole (the batman movies like the avengers kind). This garbage will make them a lot of cash to make up for the last few awful years they've had.

I only watched them a long time ago on ABC7 when i didnt have cable. Its started at like 8pm pacific time and they would play an episode every saturday or friday. Now i dont really see it that much. When do they play the movies? I would surely want to watch them again

>y-y-you're just projecting

I don't doubt you believe that, you disgusting troglodyte.

They are literally on right now its harry potter birthday tomorrow.

Except they aren't airing order of the phoneix. They went straight from goblet to half blood prince. They did that last time too. Abc family changed to freeform. I reccommend not watching on tv tho the aspect ratio is bad and the hd is only 720 and not even that. The deleted scenes are pretty nice tho

>calling others disgusting
Heh see you in the next thread

this desu

Whats the plot like for this?

He posts in every thread stop encouraging him

she's a billionaire, not running out of money

i think a lot of fans wanted to see more of harry potter, so she wrote a book and decided why tf not to making a movie

>plot

They aren't making a movie on it. Its tailored to a feel good play. They bought the rights but I would bet you it doesn't get a movie
Something else will though that actually involves the trio.

Well look at this lads, how can you tell when someone has been utterly curbstomped? This is how.

ROLL EVENS TO GET INVITED TO SLUGHORN DINNER

DUBS IS MEMBER OF THE SLUG CLUB

odds, you're a server

roll 11, you are slug club member and get to snog Hermoine in the closet.

would be better if it had slightly brighter colors

Roll

Good to see you, Wallenby

>Brighter is better
Looks great to me senpai and I'm not joking

b-but noland did so well for us with tdk! we need to emulate it!

Hope they serve Honeymead

Yates doesn't do color.

This isn't mine and its bad quality but you get the jist

5 and 6 have lots of color. Sorry you are a special snowflake.

Various shades of drab and washed out.

Is this supposed to be impressive and full of color?

thank god foreigners' opinions do not matter.