/box/ - George Groves vs Eduard Gutknecht

Nice warmup before the big one tomorrow, starts 22:00 GMT (3 bings) on Channel 5

Gutknect is (30-4-1) and has the claim to fame of having beaten GGG in the amateur ranks. Should be a good fight, closer than people are thinking, though with Groves the obvious favourite.

Other urls found in this thread:

watchallchannels.com/channel-5-html/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Groves isn't going to go on to do anything important. He's peaked and it's all downhill form here. Put your faith in Degale. He's much better.

Not so much about being a particularly strong Groves supporter, just someone who likes to watch boxing and I think this will be a decent fight. Clearly nobody else does though, UK fans seem to barely know boxing exists outside of Matchroom cards unfortunately.

Groves just doesn't excite me one bit. Prospects are fun to watch because they could improve and go on to do good things in the future. That doesn't exist here.

I'm finding the Ward/Kovalev live weigh in that's starting in about 20 minutes more exciting than this match. If you aren't super excited for Ward vs Kovalev then Chilemba vs Gvozdyk on the undercard will be great to watch and give us an idea on how good Gvozdyk is.

hopefully will change now the Warren got that new deal, should bring some competition to the game in the UK

Not sure about that, both his title fights were pretty close, especially if Degale beats Jack there will 100% be a unification rematch between them which has a lot to offer. Worth keeping an eye on Groves until he gets at least one more title shot imo.

Agreed, he'll hopefully be able to afford the floaters like Groves he can't afford but Matchroom don't have enough space for and give them a platform. Looks promising.

>Not sure about that, both his title fights were pretty close, especially if Degale beats Jack there will 100% be a unification rematch between them which has a lot to offer. Worth keeping an eye on Groves until he gets at least one more title shot imo.

I suppose the win against Murray was good. He's most certainly a strong contender in the division. I'm always interested in Degales fights. If Jack beats Degale I think I'll lose all interest in SMW outside of Ramirez though.

Callum Smith is mandatory, he'll do them both

I love kalle sauerlands face

>WBA international super middleweight title

My 2nd favourite WBA belt after the WBA turbo ultra championship extreme belt desu. Biggest joke of an organisation going.

He has to get David Haye, Groves and Frampton to be really competitive. He's not going to be competitive with the likes of Liam Smith and Liam Williams

>boxing
>2016

Haha

Groves to be knocked out in front of this 90k crowd

Have to bear in mind, a lot of Matchroom's fighters aren't that much better than those guys, just that governing bodies are happier to make them paper champion since their fights get a lot of attention.

hahahaha

i think groves is pretty much shot. Can't imagine him doing anything big in the future

In the divisions they fight in they aren't but matchroom has much more depth because they have the Sky money. He has no real star to hang his hat on and Haye and Frampton are stars.

too slow for groves, energy eddy is gonna get knocked out

No agreed, even if he only gets Haye that's huge to build on. I think that at least will certainly happen now, especially since Haye needs Warren just as much as the other way round.

Groves does have a habit of fading, will have to be early imo

Groves is winning by decision, Groves won't finish him. He's putting groves under a fair amount of pressure

Or not eh. Good fight either way, both a bit sloppy but that makes for better entertainment than perfection sometimes.

Yeah Groves let him off a bit there, had him hurt

well that's it, groves won it was a good fight

how did this " German " defeat GGG?

GGG had 350 amateur fights and only lost like 5 iirc, different sport at that level. Fighters who make themselves look busy like Gutknecht score lots of points and can win fights they'd never win in the pros

any streams lads?

that amateur tournament was in Germany

watchallchannels.com/channel-5-html/

top bloke. cheers.

Well at least this time we've got crooked O'connor refereeing to even things up eh, awful referee

Gutknecht gonna make it to 12?

Doesn't look like it does it, impressive stuff

Kazakhs.
Genetically tough bastards.

Guess those steppe living cunts can't have built the Mongol empire off being weak

One the one hand, a shame he's not just going for the KO, looks at least possible it's there for him. On the other he's thrown away shit by getting cocky so fairplay for just seeing it out.

>that slippy corner

9-3 Groves I think, looked very good, much better than I was expecting.

Cheers gang /comfy/ thread,

why do Brit boxers always have terrible tattoos

Brains punched to fuck mate

British boxers generally aren't the smartest bunch in the world otherwise they'd choose a career which doesn't involved getting punched in the face.

implying that winning against someone in front of thousands of people, being able to knock any guy out and hundreds of bitches wanting to fuck you because you're a boxer is worse than working in an office

George Groves is a millionaire, fair trade off

99.9% of boxers dont win world championships or become millionaires in fairness.

the weasel Selby brothers look like afghans

>Bruce Lee tattoo

I'm afghan and they really don't