Go to a concert alone

>go to a concert alone
>everyone with their friends and lovers

you just inspired the lyrics for my new song thank you

you just inspired me to kill myself thank you

Morrissey?

Last concert I went to was with my mom. The next concert I'm going to will be with my mom. I'm 20.

You're not alone, I went to a concert last week with my mom, I'm 21. I don't really mind it too much though.

>inb4 faggot

I've been to like 50 concerts with my mom and never any other time
I hate concerts
shitty sound and crowds of drunks throwing up all over each other

>being too autistic to make conversation

wew

if you are able to make conversation with anyone that you don't deeply love, I don't respect you
I can only enjoy dynamic conversations with my waifu

>when the artist starts saying "If you came here with a lover, best friend, family member..."

>that part during the show when the band stops playing and the entire crowd turns to look at you still autistically dancing with your eyes closed

FUCK animal collective

>go to small festival with friend
>he doesn't want to talk to girls
>get rejected a couple times by myself
>start up a conversation with a pair of cuties
>all of a sudden he isn't shy anymore

>tfw friends are plebians who didn't want to go to the Swans concert nearby
>was too self-conscious about going alone, so I didn't went

if thats true thats pretty funny

damn b help your man out, not everyone can cold approach

I have some friends who are always like this. They NEVER try but if you succeed they want in like they deserve attention.

it sounds pretty stupid and autistic but I was able to make some friends by spouting Sup Forums memes
I/m not proud of myself, but if it works it works.

>missing out on a band that won't be touring for much longer
you're just as worthless as your friends
>missing out on the chance to have a few quick words with Gira at the merchandise table
absolutely shameful

>outside venue after show
>killing time while friend is drunkenly making out with some girl
>start up conversation with a girl
>mention a band we both like, she goes to high-five me
>accidentally ash my cigarette all over her hair
>too high to comment on it, awkwardly end conversation and walk away

not really relevant, but that was a bad feel

Yeah but your mom is 32.

lighten up my guy :)

HOLY FUCK STRAIGHT SHOTA FANTASY WHEN

About to do the same with Boris

what do?

Going to a concert alone for the first time in a few days.

What do? I'm thinking about getting really drunk.

Me?

I've never been to a concert or rave and I plan on never going to either—waste of time.

>outside a venue with a few friends
>a girl by us is smoking
>jokingly smoking is bad for you (at least in my head it didnt sound serious)
>she goes on a rant for a minute or two about its none of my business

>getting really drunk alone at a concert

You sound like a terrible friend

>go to see synthwave artists
>venue is full of neckbeards

Hum

I've never been to a concert with another person. Always go alone. That having been said, I usually just stand there and don't talk to anybody because I'm socially retarded. Except one Built to Spill concert where I met a group of really cool people who befriended me.

If I'm drunk I won't feel as lonely and awkward?

Doesn't work that way in my experience. I just feel relaxed and less awkward about being alone. But maybe it will work for you.

>tfw all friends are normies who don't want to go to gigs so every concert I've been to I've been alone

just fucking go retard

If you smoke eventually the jokes become just as annoying as people who think it's possible to not know that smoking is bad for you.

Fuck off newfag

someone just post the AnCo pasta so this thread can die

>Work up the courage to go to an Animal Collective concert alone after reading a thread like this and people say no one cares if you're alone
>I turn up a couple minutes late
>As I walk into the event, the whole crowd turns to look at me
>One of them yells "HOLY SHIT, HE'S ALONE!"
>Whole event laughing hysterically as I take my seat
>Calls of "weirdo," "creeper," etc.
>Want to die
>After the concert, the entire audience mobs me in the hallway
>They start dancing in circles around me, chanting deliriously and laughing
>They start singing a nursery rhyme about how only virgins go to concerts alone and how I should kill myself
>I can't get away because they've joined hands and won't let me escape
>They start throwing their drinks and candy and stuff at me
>"HAHA LOOK AT THE LOSER GETTING STICKY"
>Security comes by
>They look mad but then they see me in the middle of the crowd
>One of them says "wait, did that fucker come here alone?"
>Security joins in, start using supersoakers to shoot artificial butter at me
>I'm lying in the fetal position sobbing at this point
>The dancing and chanting continues for over 13 hours
>I'm completely covered in soda, butter, and bits of candy
>Black guy goes "NIGGA LOOKS LIKE A CHRISTMAS TREE!"
>Crowd finally disperses
>Panda Bear comes by
>Leans down, whispers in my ear "Never come here again"
>All I can do is whimper yes sir

Not that user but I can't talk to my favourite artists (or even just other people in the crowd) without dropping spaghetti.

I wish I had a confident friend to do these things with me.

I go to concerts alone - who gives a shit. It's not like I'm talking to whoever I go with once the music starts, and besides it's not hard to strike up a conversation with random drunk people.

>Missing a chance to trigger Gira by taking his picture a load of times during the gig
Damn, user

If you're going to a good gig you're not going to have the time to feel awkward and alone. I'd still have a few drinks first though.

That's because they go to their own concerts without you.

>having friends
pleb

if they directly say its vaporwave or synthwave thats a Sup Forums magnet, you wanna get in the gigs that play the genre but dont advertise it as such

as ex. i bet you´d love to see lazerhawk live

doesnt sound like much of a friend to me. no asshole like that is worth your time, start hanging out with other people instead

>go to a show
>no friends to go with
>zero motivation to talk to anyone I see there
>enjoy the show
>go home
What the fuck am I

xD so random just like animal collective music xp

Iktf. I want to talk to people but everyone there looks content being around their friends and significant others. I don't think I've seen people there by themselves who I could try to talk to.

Yeah. The concert was Carpenter Brut and Perturbator, with some black metal and experimental electronic on a smaller stage.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel they have nothing to say when they see their favorite artists? Like I could go over and say something nice like I'm a fan and I enjoy their music and they've helped me a lot but all I can think about is how much they've probably already heard that and the fact that they really don't care.

>TFW friends weren't old enough to get into the venue Swans were playing
>Went by myself
>Had a great time and got to chat with Gira for a little bit
You done fucked up

pfft, you went because you enjoy that music and it meant something to you and thats all that matters bud.

I just pretend I'm press if anyone asks

I went to see Alvvays alone

It was still pretty great. Got a setlist and a spot at the front and talked to Molly for like 10 seconds

but I got there like 2 hours early cause poor planning so it was awkward sitting there

My pleb friend who never even heard about Boris went with me. He eventually helped me get a signed 3LP copy of Pink

What the fuck do you during the intermission when you're alone? I'm not a drinker so going to the bar to buy beer is out of the question. I don't want to keep hiding out in the bathroom until the next song/band starts.

>intermission

yeah fuck him for having social skills

Most concerts I've ever attended I did it alone. I wouldn't have experienced shit if I didn't. My few friends just don't listen to the same things, imagine bringing them to a Sunn O))) show

Is your sense of humor so shallow that you disregard any type of slightly unconventional humor with "lol so random"?

"hey user just meet people at concerts!!"

>talk to people at concert
>make 'friends'
>weeks/months following the show, theyre too lazy to keep in touch, mostly cause they already have friend groups
I hate city people.

why don't you try to keep in touch? why should they do everything?

Make a fizzbuzz program in my head.

I mustve not stated my case clearly - I do keep in touch but the few times I do, I'm always the one to initiate a message/text

after a few times, it's like, what's the point? It gets frustrating

I need to find a true loser at one of these shows who doesnt have a friend group

>drunken sweaty chad dancing like a retard steps on foot
>spill some drink, almost hit his gf
>"dude, watch it!"

you're just boring lel

what the fuck are you doing user you fucking reprobate

like fuck, how could you miss such an opportunity like that, jesus christ

i'm seeing them alone later this month and i can't fucking wait

I went to see Inquisition by myself in January and had a blast. I legit made some friends with a couple nazi skinheads in the crowd. Got a lot of bruises that night.

>tfw most girls in the concerts I attended to are my dreamgirls
I always attend concerts alone since my "friends" are normie plebs as fuck. I don't mind going alone but I alway wonder how do people make friends with people that have similar taste in music? And the girl problem is another different story, sometimes I see some who seems to be alone but fuck me my social anxiety is just playing all sort of embarassing Mark Corrigan moment that are bound to happen if I started talking with them.
Please be in Hamburg.

Fucking hell m8 that's incredibly haram as fuck.

I don't like going to concerts because it just makes me want to play music instead of listen... but there's really no where else to meet music-minded people

These, I go to a lot of shows and I rarely see a girl who is alone. The exception is after the doors first open and everyone files in, I'll see a few girls by themselves, but then a couple minutes later their boyfriends or friends come back from the bathroom/bar/merch table. Other times I'll see a girl who's alone or with another friend but I can tell by the way she's dressed or carries herself she's totally not my type.

The other problem is I live an hour from the city, so on the occasions I do see someone who looks cool, I'm like what's the point? They'll be nice and we'll get along and then it'll just be disappointing because they'll live far away from me so a friendship/relationship would never work out.

Their recent tour was amazing. I went by myself, got there early and got to the front. I was zoning out doing this weird tribal movement in the front that Gira started to copy.

im NYC, which makes it even more infuriating when people say

>YOURE IN NYC BUT NO FRIENDS???

its easier to make friends in a small town cause theres not as many people, so your friendships are more important/meaningful

At least you don't suck dick for a living.

>YOURE IN NYC BUT NO FRIENDS???
How the hell does that make sense at all ? I am with you as well ,the bigger the city the more socially isolated people tend to be.

>be me
>all of my 3 friends are normies
>go to a swans concert in a city 4 hours away alone
>a guy that sits next to me stinks
>forgot ear plugs
>on the bus home two fucking italian women sit in front of me and talk all the time
>ear buzzing for a week

>being you
Serves you right

I guess normies think that the more people = more friends

im banking on making friends thru my new roommate when I move (within the city) in 2 months

Queens sucks.

Did ye fuck her afterwards?

this

>relying on other people to feel comfortable and have fun
y'all need therapy i recommend gestalt

It's not going to concerts alone that's the issue for me, it's going alone and seeing all the guys with their girlfriends, and not having one myself even though I want one really badly.

there are many people alone and content, so this should tell you the problem isn't inherently troubling and that your method of dealing with it is what adds negativity.
if you start thinking about the future just stop and focus on how your body feels and what you hear, anxiety is based on forethought and contentment is easily attainable through thinking-in-the-moment.
if you find yourself resisting this you are probably the type to feel odd satisfaction in loneliness and sadness,, i cannot help you with this
it is not easy to change your way of thinking especially when advice comes from over the internet with no personal connection but you should listen.

This is good advice but not everything is black and white. When I go to concerts alone I enjoy myself very much, and have fond memories of all the concerts I've been to even though I've gone to 95% of them by myself.

I was alone and content for the first 23+ years of my life, and then for a few months after my breakup with my ex, but now I want a girlfriend again, this is perfectly normal. I also think going to a concert alone and, while looking around in the crowd between acts or after the doors open, seeing all the guys with girlfriends and wishing that was you and it reminding you you don't have a girlfriend, is perfectly normal too.

Oh my mistake, I thought you were a >tfw no gf /r9k/ kind of person, you were sounding a bit like Elliot Rodger there. you'll be fine

I did that once but threw up

>Go to concert alone
>ex girlfriend is there with her new bf

I should just kill myself then.

"No"

>giving a shit about ex girlfriends

Nah man, if you're able to make friends you're not boring. Dont think like that, killing you're worth something even if only to yourself. Life's worth living

Gira likes to hear that though, so he has no excuse
what did you say?

You lucky faggot, I wish Inquisition would come to my shithole of a country.

to ti je kad si glupa žaba

True but this was pretty fresh after the breakup AND the guy she cheated on me with.

Obviously I'm long over it but was still kind of shitty