Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest_2008
en.wikipedia.org
youtube.com/watch?v=5P6-7Rw4xug
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La,_la,_la
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Politics in Eurovision
shocking

>the only way to stop an handicapped woman to win queervision is to not let her participate at all

thought provoking I must say

>Politics in Eurovision
*pretend to be shocked

very good news

To be honest, I really admire Putin.
It was such a smart move, to nominate a handicapped singer, knowing that Ukraine will sperg out and ban her, making them lose a lot of sympathy in the west

Ridiculous desu.

How can they ban russian singers but not russian tanks from entering the Ukraine?

We don't care 2bh

Outrageous!
Unherad of!
What's next, they allow gays and traps to participate?

Ridiculous

Fair enough. The Crimea visit was solely to provoke Ukraine into banning her.

>the contest is called Eurovision
>Russia is in it
why

>it's the "evil hohols being mean to poor crippled lady" episode
Oy vey...

What they should have done is let her participate with the hope that she'd win, and the next iteration of this shit show would be held in Russia. That way you could've gained a shit ton more attention from talks about boycotting the competition some countries.

>ukrainians in charge of playing 3d chess

Ukraines are dumb bydlos who get played by Putin

Because Russia is part of Europe dumbfuck.

Russia is european my friend.
Have you ever looked at a map?

what the fuck, I hate Ukraine now

Why don't they ban the russian tanks next?

All according to keikaku

The ban makes sense, she violated Ukrainian law after all. I'd just prefer to see less political BS in the Eurovision though.

It's a shame that the eurovision is getting even more political, but the Ukrainian government would have looked weak in the eyes of their people had they not done this (that's my guess).

Anyway, Russia banned Georgia in the 2008 contest.

Why ban her now?
She sang in Crimea in 2015. Couldn't they ban het before she was nominated?

>Anyway, Russia banned Georgia in the 2008 contest.
what?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest_2008

2009 contest
Because their song was about politics
Politics must be banned from Eurovision

en.wikipedia.org
youtube.com/watch?v=5P6-7Rw4xug

>The song however was rejected by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), and could not compete in the contest in its current form due to perceived political connotations in its lyrics.[4][5] On 11 March, Georgia announced its withdrawal from the contest in response to the EBU's rejection.[6][7]
It wasn't Russia who banned them

Nice fake news butthurt belt!

cockhole butthurt will never end

Ah yes, the war was in 2008, but the ban took place in 2009. I wondered about this, but was too lazy to check, my bad.

>Because their song was about politics
I didn't know this.

Suck a cock and choke on it.

Look, I know you dont like Russians, but can we agree that we should keep poltics out of Eurovision?
This song contest is to build bridges between countries, not to divide them even futher

>This song contest is to build bridges between countries, not to divide them even futher
Bullshit, eurovision has always been about politics and will continue to be.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/La,_la,_la
When you create a pissing contest between countries it will become political sooner or later.

>we don't wanna putin

Everything east of baltic states is Asia (Finland is asia as well)

Most of eurocucks don't consider us a part of Europe

>she violated Ukrainian law after all
Why? Crimea is Russia, man

This

>Ukraine us this insecure about the possibility of Russia beating them in a song contest
Topkek. Truly the Africans of Europe

>REEEEE WHY WONT UKRAINE LET SOMEONE BREAK A LAW????

hello retardos

>break a law
What a joke. Ukraine cant enforce any laws in Crimea. It's not their territory any more. This is obviously just an excuse for Ukraine to act up like an ungrateful child

Kinda funny how this is so heavily politicized...Why are the fags that watch this so nationalistic?Just look at every eurovision music video,it always has a big guaranteed dislike bar...
Portugal will win eurovision bte thanks come again

reminder people who support ukraine are the same ones who open their legs for refugees

But they finally decided to enforce usual travel regulations in Kiev, silly.

Go enjoy cool stories about Crimea
Go enjoy cool stories about Crimea

>Portugal ever winning this heavily politicized and rigged queerpop contest.

I learnt my lesson back in 2008. /oursong/ was the press favourite and finished 13th, whereas the eastern countries clique-voted among them and finished in the top spots with cheesy songs ("azeiteiras" is the perfect term in our language).
The eastern bloc takes this contest way too seriously. It's pretty much a state affair for them.

>he eastern bloc takes this contest way too seriously
This. Eurovision is boring because you know that all the former Soviet countries will ALWAYS vote among themselves, regardless of the quality of the songs

Ukrainian authorities saved her, I think. She surely can't escape fascists in this wheelchair.

kek

based on what though

you can't just throw out comparisons like that without at least elaborating a little bit

>russia pick singer on a ban list
>russia complains about singer being banned

If fucking Australia is in it...

Eurovision is shit

oh no NOW i'm not gonna watch it