Gorillaz is like cheese. It betters with age. Give Humanz time. It will be appreciated

Gorillaz is like cheese. It betters with age. Give Humanz time. It will be appreciated.

Agreed

everyone loved demon days when it was released though.

screenshot this We Got The Power will always be disliked

Yea I can agree with that We got the power sucks ass

Uh-huh.

I just provided evidence not everyone did

Source?

who cares what pitchfork thinks? demon days was fucking huge when it first came out and was generally well liked critically. a lot of people are hating on humanz more than anyone ever did for demon days.

Everyone loved

Idk some people do respect them. I don't and I agree demon days is far superior I am just saying I think it will age well.

>Give Humanz time. It will be less hated.
Still 4/10

this rating is absolutely fucking accurate

>comparing one of the most relevants pop albums of 2005 with humanz

Demon Days was released before Sup Forums culture and before we hit critical mass of white virgins who think saying "nigger" is edgy; Humanz's use of black artists have doomed it on this godforsaken board.

DARE is my favorite song from Demon Days desu.

albarn's presence on the album being less than 5% is what doomed it originally laddo

albarn's presence has been the weakest part of literally any Gorillaz album

>They hate it cuz black people
Is bad user, some people will dislike it because of that, most of them actually, live with it.

this just in: racism started on Sup Forums

Demon days is better I know that

rym, how new are you?

pitchfork is shit

reminder that they gave Syro a BNM as well

New fag here desu

I'm talking about the album's reception on Sup Forums dummy

Even on Demon Days? Are you retarded?

Demon Days is pretty overrated

>On a le pouvoir de s'aimer, okay?
It hurts every time to hear. Everything else about the song is fine however, just kind of mediocre. Which further makes me believe the deluxe version of the album is the true complete version, even if Circle of Friends is also mediocre.

In someways yes, but that's because it's a good easy to listen to album with a few off tracks.
Overall experience is great if you get your head out of the hipster mind set. With that said, Plastic Beach is their greatest album.

Almost every song on demon days is good and undeniably catchy and replayable with the exception of like white light, fire coming...etc. Plus the fact that the album also has ESSENTIAL Gorillaz songs like Feel Good, DARE, and Dirty Harry makes it stand out way more than any other. Humanz honestly has like 2 songs I like, even with 26 tracks after long ass break.

>albarn's presence on the album being less than 5%
but that's wrong

I'll be waiting ALL MOIY LOIFE for this ass album to get better, and I'll die disappointed. Also;

>Listening to critics

Its their weakest album that is overly burdened with experimental garbage.

This could apply to any of their albums

I have been waiting for months and got it day of release.
Personally I think it is a good album and I think it adds an interesting twist to the Gorillaz Phase 4 'lore' or story (if you follow that stuff). If you don't care, then what is your favorite song?

I don't feel like there is enough of THEM(Gorillaz) actually in it though, I like collabs as much as the next guy, But don't really get a whole lot to choose from when it comes to the OGs. Which is not necessarily a bad thing but almost all of my old classic favorites are usually just them. A whole lot of underground artists I never heard of, and most of them are pretty good. Not to mention De La Soul makes a comeback.
I do feel like the political aspects of some of the songs are part of the reason why the album wasn't super great.

I am pretty torn between Saturnz Barz, The Apprentice, and Let Me Out. being my favorite from the new album

I actually do like the song. Not really a gorillaz style song. But I like it. Its catchy and good to listen to just chill too.

thats my 2 cents, thoughts?

If they make a next gorillaz album it should be less niggery.
Maybe more electronic, i want them to make like some ode to 90's British electronica, have the KLF, aphex twin, The Orb, etc, featuring. Maybe even bernard sumner

Went back and listened to Demon Days again today after a few years. It makes Humanz seem even most disappointing. I had forgotten how instrumental Demon Days is, it's just as prominent as the lyrics. Lack of that in Humanz is probably why I found it so boring.

cont...

Gorillaz is clearly a band that is not happy sitting in One SPOT.

They have changed DRASTICALLY with each album release almost to new complete styles each time. I feel like this album is not a waste of time and I understand why people dont like it.

But some flags should be sorta obvious and sign of this were well seen if you look. They are a team who is changing with time, the same way the characters do. (For those that follow the lore, new HQ, new sound. new style.)

Not even. Most of their earlier stuff was catchy as hell and easy to listen.

This

cont...

www . theguardian . com /music/2017/apr/27/gorillaz-humanz-review-damon-albarn

I know the guardian isnt the best of sources. But I read over this article and it describes what I am talking about pretty well.

It is a Party album for a world gone mad. Its a pushing appeal and nod toward how todays hits in music are currently.

(sorry if i am unclear in my words, its almost 5am here.)

is this image supposed to say anything?

demon days is the worst gorillaz album outside of the iPad one (i havn't listened to humanz yet the 5 singles sounded like shit so I havn't bothered yet)