Post the artist that began your musical journey

Post the artist that began your musical journey

>pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=um4-d7VzZiE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

i always listened to music, but like a lot of people here it was Radiohead that made me start listening to music differently

TLCW changed my life

you can give me shit, but csn't deny that Tool was a lot of peoples' first 'deep' music. I also find it funny that, in my case, the first song I heard was The Pot, and as we all know, weed is a gateway drug

Radiohead, Amon Tobin, Swans

Kate Bush and ELO

No joke. Their first album was mind blowing to me when I first listened to it when I was 9.

If you just listen to the artists they cover you will hear such a huge variety of music from such a span of time. Probably the most legitimately eclectic pop act of all time.

U2. Got me into R.E.M., The Clash, Television, Joy Division, and a bunch of other post-punk/college radio era bands plus stuff like My Bloody Valentne and The Stone Roses and german industrial acts like EN and KMFDM and A Tribe Called Quest. Oh and Eno's solo stuff too.

I was a bit younger when this came out, and he wrote an article for some magazine talking about the albums that inspired him, Different Classes, The Stone Roses, Psycho Candy, I Should Coco, and listening to those really kicked everything off.

Pic related was the first time I laid down with headphones on and went through a full album, and I really came out different when I took them off. Just the experience of fully focusing on the music made my interest in music multiply tenfold.

For me, it's Ugluk

Fly Lo is the most influential musician of the last 10 years.

MCR when I was extremely young got me interested into music. Then for years I listened to a bunch of shit not really thinking about it. Eventually Chillwave got me back into music and now it's my biggest hobby.
>I listen to neither MCR or Chillwave anymore

He stole his schtick from Gorgub.

I was always that guy walking around nodding his head to music but I only ever downloaded single songs and was obsessed with dubstep

only time I'd listen to albums was when my dad would put one on in the car and I'd fall asleep to it

but then when I was 16 high school dude I knew suggested listening to this in full so I did during a free periodand after that I decided to get obsessed about listening to albums

Johnny Cash

same, i think they got a lot of autists into good music young with the whole cartoon band thing

unfortunately this

same here bro, doolittle got me in to alt rock and actually listening to full albums

How young are you?

>mfw started out patrician

Him

Why unfortunately?

because this
youtube.com/watch?v=um4-d7VzZiE

Wait. That's the song you loved and made you listen to more music?

No, it's why I'm ashamed that I used to listen to him

Every artist has bad songs. Don't be such a little bitch