If you listen to anything popular you're a mindless drone

>if you listen to anything popular you're a mindless drone
>if you listen to anything unpopular you're trying to compensate for your lack of personality

the only solution is to listen to what you want and stop caring about what other people think

Would think that this is pretty self-explanatory.

yeah basically this. if you want validation from others look to exercise and clothes and other visible stuff, just listen to music because it's good

>stop caring about what other people think
What kind of drugs do I need to achieve this?
Right now it is literally impossible to me.
I'm 24 by the way.

for the average music listener this is only a problem in the shitty vacuum of online social forums and Croatian carpet knitting electronic bulletins. so just stop internalizing the zeitgeist of these places and you'll be good.

Every 24yr-old ever.

The problem is on a busy board like this that there are many different people with many different approaches and many different reasons for their arguments and then theres the trolls too.

Who cares?
Listen to whatever. There is nothing wrong with liking top 40 music. There is nothing wrong with enjoying avant garde noise. You do you!
Just take in consideration that most people will not enjoy more obscure music. Know your audience bud

Who are you quoting?

Don't be autistic and understand that not everyone around you is the person they want you to see.

>don't be autistic
Whoopsie.

Stop taking Sup Forums so seriously.

You are a mindless drone trying to compensate for your lack of personality. Different parts of your taste reflect different parts of this "personality" of yours.

also
>Music
>in the sexy prime pair of 2011

No. It's all we have left.

You sound pretty autistic to me

/thready-thread

Drop a shitload of acid trust me

>I need music to define my personality
>I can't hold honest opinions for fear of judgement
Being that much of a brainlet sure is suffering, huh?

You don't know how bad it is.

Oh shit I know this feeling.
I sometimes wonder whether my brain has subconsciously directed the development of my taste in order to hide the fact that I'm a boring useless fucking failure.
It doesn't help that I was the biggest contrarian I knew growing up.

>if you listen to anything popular you're a mindless drone
>if you listen to anything unpopular you're trying to compensate for your lack of personality

Anyone who says either of these things to you is a total moron who is insecure about their own taste in music. Anyone who makes fun of anyone for listening to a certain song or artist is a cock, unless they're making fun of Brokencyde. Anyone who likes Brokencyde should die.

wtf i dont deserve to die

in 10 minutes i will reply to this post with "DELET THIS" and then i will delete this post thus making it look like someone actually delet their post.

@72615640
DELET THIS

DELET THIS

You dont have to use drugs, try to meditate, because meditation is simply one way to connect with reallity and what you are thinking about others what people think about you, is an ilusion you built up by yourself and others, there's no reason to think about that. Personality is just the same as reallity the moment you start thinking about it, the moment it desapear.

You should listen to whatever you like.

But you should also be open to give new things a honest try and not just shit on them.

At the end of the day, the more things you can enjoy and appreciate, the more moments of joy you'll have in life.

The main thing you need is time. You're old enough to realize you're young/dumb and worry about everyone else's opinion. Soon you'll be old and not give a damn about anyone's opinion of you.
Just a little more time.

Get humiliated a dosen times because of your music taste and you'll be good.

>they think the social dogma must be avoided or escaped

grow up or blessed normalcy will evade you and you'll end your days a fat creep dying in a ditch

this