Why do so many people stan MF DOOM but hate every other similarly quirky underground rapper by default?

why do so many people stan MF DOOM but hate every other similarly quirky underground rapper by default?

am i missing something or are they all just plebs that fell for the Sup Forums essentials meme because of Madvillainy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=huJCXoVGErM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pic only semi related; i'm not crazy about aesop rock but i think he's a good example of this

People stan doom because he is good and hate Aesop because he is trash.

see

best example i can think of is my friend who stans him but hates busdriver and del

Aesop is great you fucking retard

You can tell the normal faggot when they use nigger slang like stan

aesop rock only has one distinguishable gimmick and that isn't the most exciting thing when underground hip-hop by default is supposed to be new and experimental to an extent. it also really doesn't help that he never pushes past backpacker beats.

DOOM stans are the worst

i love DOOM but can't stand when someone brings him up.

I didn't think they were that bad

I have DOOM stan friends and I like him too but they also like other rappers we were all talking about milo the other day

The whole "GREATEST RAP ALBUM EVER???" mad villainy posts get annoying tho

What's it like having horrible taste in rap?

MF DOOM is a great lyricist but he's extremely monotone in his delivery and his flow is virutally always the same. Aesop Rock has all of the lyrical integrity and intricacy of MF DOOM (possibly even more) with a much more varied delivery. I get it, some of his songs subjects or themes may be "cringey", but overall, he's a great rapper. He is FAR from trash.

Because when you compare Aesop "underground" to other underground artists like Danny Brown XXX time, he isn't doing anything different.

DOOM was the first to do what he did, lyrically. The pioneer is always the best, if people can't match up or do anything new than they die out quickly.
Aesop is good, but after all the albums DOOM has released his sound is old, when someone else does it, it is just a straight copy and paste to a degree. A tired sound that was once great is still a tired sound. DOOM gets an exception because nostalgia and he was the "first" to do it.

Not to defend the hate of other quirky rappers but to give Doom some credit:
Doom's whole schtick is 100% perfect for his medium. The personas of rappers are pretty much always a caricature of someone who ruthlessly pursues/attains success, has an intimidating and charismatic sense of style, and who is frequently in conflict with some sort of enemy.
Essentially, a supervillain. Although the analysis of celebrity and identity is one of the most well-tread themes in music behind fucking, Doom does it with a really succinct and clever gimmick that's very genre savvy.
Also he backs it up by having really nuts rhyme schemes

aesop is just mc ride without any of the edginess or aggresion

>person a is just person b with the two things that makes person b unique stripped away

Because Doom is rockist approved hip-hop

But a white man came up with stan

truth

>Aesop is trash
Haha, good one
youtube.com/watch?v=huJCXoVGErM

you're actually fucking retarded and should be shot

I didn't realize it was possible to be this dumb. Either that or you've never even listened to an Aesop song in your entire life

because MF DOOM is the goat. And maybe even the only good one ever. There's a pretty insane gap between him and the next

I never said Aesop and DOOM sound the same, i was just using it as an example with what OP gave us. Relax autismos.

Honestly I could give a fuck about Aesop's discog but god damn if The Impossible Kid isn't one of my favorite rap albums.

>Aesop is good, but after all the albums DOOM has released his sound is old, when someone else does it, it is just a straight copy and paste

can someone please tell me what the fuck "stan" means

Where has this ever happened?

are you 12

I'm 24, I don't pay attention to 2010s ghetto memes

It means "act like a fanboy for", but said in a way that makes you sound like high school sophomore

>2010s

I've never seen it used on Sup Forums once since 2007

If the only social interaction you get is on here, then I guess it's understandable why you've never heard it.

never heard my friends use it either. are you sure this isn't some thing that only generation z cares about and you aren't 15?

I think it derived from the Eminem song Stan, as in stalker fan, but it's just used to insult obsessed fanboys of any artist

Considering it comes from a track released in 2000, nope. Most of my older relatives listen to rap and they know what stan means in context.

so what you're saying is that it's even worse than a trend: it's outdated. not surprising I haven't heard it considering my friends have no delusions about the past.