Roommate left his computer shit around our place, he hasn't come back in months so it's mine now...

Roommate left his computer shit around our place, he hasn't come back in months so it's mine now. He liked to build them but this was the one he left sitting around all the time. Is this thing worth looking into? The monitor he left with it is like 400-500 bucks, upgrade over my current.

What is it missing? I know nothing about this shit but he seemed to think this one was some old treasure.

Other urls found in this thread:

zotac.com/us/product/mainboards/zotac-h55-itx-wifi-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Here's another picture of it. Not sure what angle I would need to help you fuckers.

Does it run DOS, or can't it even do that?

Pretty basic looking setup, hard to tell how powerful the PC is without knowing the actual hardware. Easily determined to be prebuilt so if your friend wasn't a poorfag or it's old as a fossil it could be anywhere from low to midrange, maybe lower high end terms of power and performance

>no posting this on Sup Forums
Are you retarded?

He was poor, I remember someone dropping this off. Maybe he got a prebuilt for a steal and was going to upgrade it. Should I trash it then, I was actually thinking about easing into building my own, with this sitting around I thought it was worth a shot.

>Posting in a random board with a random subject

Oh the humanity

He b8 m8

It would be like posting a MLP thread here. Why would you do that when you have a whole bord dedicated to it and youll get more people interested who know about the topic. You want to know what its worth then you come here instead of Sup Forums who know all about it.

>ribbon cables
>no GPU
>one PCI slot
>two RAM slots
>blocky motherboard heat sinks

that thing is a piece of shit it's not worth anything and the only thing worth looking into is the HDD but you could make more money dissolving that thing in acid and collecting the gold

I have been waiting for you to give me that news, thanks bro

this

thats a box of shit you got right there

On board video. No hard drive I can see. 8GB of RAM (2x4GB sticks). No clue about processor. No CD/Blue Ray. Unknown power supply and unknown motherboard with only one expansion slot.

I'd guess lower mid tier or upper low tier computer. Good for surfing, word processing, light games.

I'd find out what the processor and power supply are and if good scrap the motherboard , buy a graphics card and reuse everything else. You'd probably have an OK mid range computer for cheap.

The $400 monitor is worth more than this computer.

Missed the M.2 HDD. So that is ok.

stock intel cooler, shitty non modular PSU, might be worth looking around in it tho, who knows what he left on there

stock cooler is fine if you dont overclock
there are plenty of nonmodular psu

you clearly have no idea what youre talking about

SATA Ports are empty, No Hard drives, probably like a media pc he built for a living room or something by the looks

Makes sense, found it in the living room.

That's a wireless card not a m.2 HDD. You can see two black wires coming off the non connector side going to an antenna on the back.

It's some kind of Zotac mini itx motherboard.

Found it - zotac.com/us/product/mainboards/zotac-h55-itx-wifi-0

From look of the board, and the cooling fan, guess is that it's an old dual-core machine. Guessing a Dell? No hard drive, no optical drives. Not worth much of anything. Pull the RAM, keep that. The rest send to electronic recycling.

first wash the motherboard, it'll run much smoother afterwards

Take a bunch of wires and set them inside.
Should work fine.

Make sure to keep it plugged in though, they're a bitch to clean when they're cold.

As I noted above, it's a LGA 1156 board which means it's minimum 5-6 years old. Even a Core i3 from back then can still do basic computing nowadays but OP is going to have to invest in a HDD and a copy of windows (or learn Linux) to get it running. Then again, he could invest money into it only to have the power supply fail in two months and fry the whole thing.

Yeah, better to recycle it.

kek

seriously. do you faggots even wash your motherboards?

Yep, look at that.

netwerk card
grafic card
sound card
usb 3.0

and hard drivers too is missing

I run mine through the dishwasher once a week.

my fuck dolli

Congratulations, OP. You just found $34 worth of computer hardware.

I prefer to hand wash mine.
I used to dishwash it but I found I can clean it faster by hand.
I can also get those tougher spots my washer would normally miss.

a tad excessive but if you're playing league of legends 24/7 I can understand

Thats literally all I do. My mom empties my shit bucket every night and brings me hot pockets and 2 liters of mountain dew throughout the day when she gets home from work.

That's a 1055 socket motherboard from zotac. It's mini itx which actually makes it worth more. It also has WiFi which is nice.

The PSU and the case suck.

Without knowing which could is build in i would the PC is good enough for office and browsing. The CPU cooler is big which could mean you have an i5 or i7.

If you sold, motherboard, ram and CPU separately you could get 200-250 bucks

>he hasn't come back in months so it's mine now.
alpha af

Atapi Garbage, pricey stuff there though, consumerism got you up and running

hey can you recommend any good washing up liquid?