What do you guys think of Horizon Zero Dawn...

What do you guys think of Horizon Zero Dawn? I played it for like 15 hours now and I think it's one of the better games I played on the PS4.

It's pretty damn solid. Granted, I'm still going back to Fallout 4 (fucking Nuka World is addictive) but HZD is up there on my playlist right now.

Very fun.

Great game but a bit too easy. Even on a harder difficulty. Im lvl 42 and ive played it for about as much time as you have. The cut scenes are awesome but theres like 4 hours of them. I just got my 5th power cell. I think the amour and weapon types are too limited and the combat becomes really easy when you get a good strat down. Anyways i give it 8/10

10/10 character story line
9/10 visuals
6/10 voice acting
7/10 combat

If you have any questions ill answer them without spoiling anything

For someone who only buys two 60$ games every year... Is it worth it?

I pre ordered it for $90. Ive been comparing it to skyrim a lot. Its a well made game and i feel like ive got my moneys worth. I dont know how far i am into campaign but i hope a dlc comes out. If you like open world games this ones for you. If you like a challenge i suggest upping the diffuculty to hard from the start

they announced an expansion is gonna be coming sometime soon. i bought the collectors edition and it's very worth it. just a fun ass game.

My girl wants to play it, but I don't wanna buy a PS4. What PC game might she like instead? FarCry 4/Primal closest?

Do you think the collectors addition os any different. I got some special gear from preordering it but it was useless after the first 3 hours

eh, i mostly got it for the statue. the art book is pretty cool but the bonus content is mostly stuff you outgrow in the first few hours.

I love it, but opinions are whatever you know. It's a really nice change of pace tbh, I had run out of stuff to do sorta when it came out. My only issue is I don't have a ton of time to play games with work, so I never got to beat it before Nier: Automata came out. And now that I've finished Nier I have no idea what to do anymore.

>nier automata
didn't that game come out like a couple days ago?

I picked up Nuka World a few months ago after not playing since summertime. I could not get back into the game at all. It was somewhat upsetting.

It came out the 17th on pc and like the 7th or something on PS4, which is what I got it on. So, it took me like over a week to beat and like 50 hours, because I like to waste time.

>50 hours
you answered my next question. it looks like a good game and have been eying it for a bit, but yeah I thought finishing in 2 days would be extreme (I use PC).

I haven't done much research, actually... it seemed like it was going to be like shadow of the colossus, with very few regular encounters, but instead incredible boss battles to progress? correct me if I'm wrong

If everything is a mechanic animal, where the hell did she get the leather from?

Who cares. It's a concept artist's wet dream.

it's probably a high tech nano-fiber weave taken from one of the machines.

Apparently the PC port was kinda shit, some fps problems and some weird resolution issues. So look up those before you get it, but I would definitely recommend.

And, well. I'd say it's a bit more action-y than Shadow honestly. You'd do best to just watch a short clip of gameplay. But basically, it's fast-paced and simplistic "combo" based combat, and it's in quotes because there aren't really combos to learn, just like a heavy and a light attack and their mixtures. With ranged attacks as well. There are plenty of consistent enemies to keep you from getting bored as well, and yes, the boss fights are somewhat grandiose. My only concept is that they can be a bit too easy on normal, but a little bit too hard on hard. But having played it all the way on normal once I'm definitely gonna go back and go through it on hard as well.
There are meat and flesh animals as well in the game. Although the outfits you just buy from vendors. Although as for lore purposes, yeah there are living creatures as well.

My question is, why is it wearing a sombrero?

I though it looked more like the dish from the Enterprise.

Didn't think much of it at first. Wasn't even on my radar, then my brother bought it and started playing it and I have to honestly say it's probably the best game I've played since The Witcher 3. What a surprise. Did not expect it to be anywhere near as good as it is.

Pre ordered it when drunk one night.

Easily one of the best games i've ever played.
That being said though, there's nothing special about the gameplay or anything, i'm a sucker for stories in games and fucking loved this one.
Conversations with npc's felt weird, like they don't have much emotion in them but i'll let it go since I loved the overall story.

>Also dat shield weaver armour

I dont want to have -4str

When you're that tall i'd imagine having the sun in your eyes would be annoying

Just buy her the fucking PlayStation you poor fag

If you haven't already you should play Uncharted 4, great story, great voice work and a technical master piece. I highly recommend.

Is it any different from the other ubisoft games, e.g. far cry 4/primal/Assasins creed?

I agree the story line is awesome but the voice acting for npcs and non main characters is really lacking. They match with the lips but some of them sound so inhuman and forced like some of the hawks at the hunting ground quests

Yes, in the sense that it's actually good...

I'll accept the AC series as being good/ok however

I mean, considering it isn't an Ubisoft game that alone makes me enjoy it more

Yea true, however one character I did like was Nils, (i'm sure that was his name?) because that lack of emotion/inhuman vibe he gave off matched with his persona

good character and setting but overall is meh
not bad just doesn't stand out

Thats just common knowledge though haha
It does makes me wonder what this could have been like if Ubisoft were involved in it

On the surface I feel like it looks very much like a "Ubisoft open world"-recipe. Would love to be proven wrong though. Might buy it, but am currently somewhat reluctant.

Probably a lot worse, and I'm not even just being a piece of shit. Ubisoft has legit just being disappointing consistently for a while now. At least me.

And yeah, I understand that vibe. It did lose momentum for me, and I do need to finish it. But at the time I got it I also had Nioh to play, my friend coerced me into getting For Honor, and then Ghost Recon Wildlands, and then I got Nier so I've had a full plate, along with working full time. I would say Horizon is worth it but it definitely has to be something where the story drives you as much, if not more, than the gameplay. I kinda relate it to the way I felt when playing The Last of Us or any of the Uncharted.

The autistic one made my cringe. I think he was the one in the canyon.

I would recommend it to anyone but i'll admit it does fall into the side quest issues most open world games tend to have ie fetch quests and the like.
If you do get it, take your time with it and dont make the same mistake as me and tank out the main story because the game kind of got a bit stale for me once I was down to just doing side quests and hunting stuff.

Ait, thanks man. I love all uncharted games, as well as last of us. Guess I'll pick it up later down the line if you claim the weight of the story is comparable.

Meh I kinda liked him, maybe it was the creepy eye tattoos or the sweet headpiece thing though

I know what you mean, I haven't been a big fan of them, nothing to do with the company itself, just that their games dont often appeal to me...until For Honor was first shown....Fuck Me I was hyped beyond measure for this, until the beta released and it was fun until I seen the reviews.
I'll get it on sale maybe one day, hopefully they take the online only shit away and even then it'll still seem like a F2P effort.

>I'm still going back to FO4

Opinion discarded.

>my girl wants to play it. Don't want to buy a PS4, what's a good PC Game?

Dark souls.
Diddly
Dangly
Dark Souls

It's good, but if you haven't played Farcry 3, or maybe Skyrim (Or Oblivion, which is better) then go with those.

If you've played those before, then go ahead. It feels like a bit of a rehash of mechanics that you would see in FarCry, but it ain't bad.

>what's closest on PC

Farcry 3, Ark Survival Evolved and or Assassins Creed.
It shares a Fuckton of mechanics with Farcry, it has the whole "Taming Gaint Monsters" thing that Ark has and It shares some mechanics and the stealth of like Assassins Creed.

It also depends. Is she your daughter or gf?

Bump

Im playing it right now. Just finished the mountain that fell and omg the plot twists!!!

Looks like shallow boring shit game you'd come to expect from Guerrilla games, touted around by retarded PlayStation fanboys (OP) and dumbasses that bought into the billion dollar Sony marketing campaign that feel obligated to justify their purchase.

It honestly feels more like RDR. For me at least.

I liked it, I thought the ending was a little retarded. I think they easily could've done a better job there, whoever scripted this thing wasn't on the A-Team

If you played it you would know there are a few animals around.