ITT: we try to fix Return Of The Jedi

ITT: we try to fix Return Of The Jedi
Let me get this out of the way already:
>replace ewoks with a more menacing species

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The first step is to go back to Episode V and make Han Solo die. If that's no an option, greatly reduce the length of time it takes for the rest of the heroes to rescue him from Jabba. Maybe make it around the length of James Bond opening action sequence. As it stands it's way too long and doesn't really connect well enough with the rest of the movie's plot and themes.

Remove the second Death Star and replace it with Coruscant and the Imperial Palace.

The mask comes off. It's James Earl Jones. He confesses he's not Luke's father, that's just some shit he said to fuck with Luke. Luke says, "I know." Fade to black, roll credits.

It makes sense that the imperials would set up shop on a planet where they thought the locals were useless.

Replace the Ewoks with Wookies as was originally intended.

Go with Geroge's original plan and make the Han rescue sequence be all of Episode 6, and the rest of the film be stretched out into episodes 7 8 and 9.

Jabba's palace was kino, unnecessary but worth it to see what the puppet wizards and effects guys do. Why even make a space opera if that's not the goal?

literally this. Make it that the wookies have been occupied by the empire and chewy + the gang work with the locals to fight against the empire

Luke promises Leia and Han that his new goal in life is to train their son in the ways of the force. Han tells Leia they can get married once he gets the Falcon back from Lando. 20 minutes of staff sergeant Snoke warning the emperor at the futility of his planning. Yoda asking Luke to find his ex-wife Maz before he dies. Rename Jabba's Palace to Kanji Klub.

make Endor a moon of couricant, that's why there's a second Death Star so 'quickly' they're like mass producing them in orbit.

Lands flies into some control station on the couriscant surface, dies disarming the capabilities for any more super weapons

End on a note of "who won the war but there's some work to do" Luke flies off into the trinary sunset, credits

Luke puts on Vader's mask and proclaims himself as the new Darth Vader.

>as was originally intended.

No, they were going to be lizard people.

Don't undo every bit of character development in episode 5 in the first 20 minutes of 6

Why did they change this in the first place?

>Ralps beautiful vision won ever be seen

toys

Lucas thought that they'd sell more merchandise if they opted for the smaller, cuter Ewoks then they would make off of more Wookie toys (they could already sell Wookie toys based on Chewie anyway)

>tfw Death star will never go starkiller base and be half planet, half base
>tfw this scene will never be a secret cave, with vader throwing sheev into lava and the cave breaking down
Jedi was such a waste in general

Change it so Luke and Leia aren't related.

But then it won't be hot.

>muh ewoks
star wars flicks were made for kids
grow the fuck up, manchild

Lucas remembered that Wookies were shown to be technologically adept a la Chewbacca, so they wouldn't fit the whole "Primitive tribe destroys highly advanced empire" motif.

Skip all of Jabba's Palace

> Replace the second Death Star with the Executor. The SSD is plenty scary, and reusing the same plot point of the first movie is just lazy.
> Shamelessly steal story of destroying the Bismarck during WWII
> Executor is bombarding Rebel planets, and is basically invincible, and it's vulnerable only during refueling
> Luke volunteers to serve as a honeypot for Vader and the Emperor, and help track the Executor to its lair
> Change the shield generator on the Forest Moon to a refueling station that Han and Leia blow up, damaging the Executor's superstructure and letting Lando and the Rebel starfighter fleet to do strafing runs at its reactor
> Add a throwaway line from the Emperor that says something like, "Join the Empire at my side, and I shall spare your friends' lives. The longer you resist, the more of them will die." Just give Luke a reason to join the Dark Side other than Palps just egging him on, and Vader a reason to try to kill him in the duel.
> Because seriously, if all the Dark Side does is make you pissed all the time and give you a face that looks like a cold scrotum, why would you do it?
> Replace Ewoks with Wookiee slave workers and Rebel soldiers
> Play Han and Leia's mission as more of a suicide mission instead of a fun romp
> Exchange Nien Nunb for something that can actually talk. I'd take C-3PO cringing and wailing over a cartoon mouse that speaks Swahili.

Lynch directs.
Ewoks are wookies.

Please have sex.

>Replace the second Death Star with the Executor

I was sold there and it just got better the more I read. The Executor was pure sex and deserved so much more than what it got in RoTJ.

This is good stuff

>implying disney isn't going to use this for snoke, ren, and rey

not bad/10

more B-wings

i always love watching this: youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U

honestly though, i thought marquand's direction was pretty good actually, the issues are with the script.

Introduce a strong female character that steals the light from Luke. She absolutely HAS to:
>be stronger than him
>be more powerful than him
>independent
>good with a lightsaber
>a good pilot
>a good friend

Also, it would be cool if she said a few quips and jokes to help show how smart she is and fearless in the face of danger.
It would also be cool, although not essential, if she had a friend who's a girl and who we could ship her with. You know, just for representativity...

yea this