Rome thread

Only true romans are allowed in this thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xBCqAU4HB5o
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This month's public bread is provided by the Capitoline Brotherhood of Millers. The Brotherhood uses only the finest flour: true Roman bread for true Romans

Antony did nothing wrong (except lose)

No PROSTITUTES, SLAVES, or UNCLEAN TRADESMEN may attend this thread.

worst line in the entire series, im glad this got canceled for game of throne

wretched woman detected

He did everything wrong and that's why he lost

user, have you penetrated anyone yet?

Post more high res newsreader.

He ditched best girl (plus bonus daughter pussy)

>Octavianfags

>mfw filthy Gallic barbarians think they have a chance

>Rally to me... Rally to me

youtube.com/watch?v=xBCqAU4HB5o

I cried in this scene

As much as I love them, the show fucked up by focusing too much on Vorenus, and Pullo, at the expense of the conflict between Caesar, Anthony, Pompey, Octavian, and the Senate. Its one of the most interesting, dramatic, and important events in human history, and the show focuses on Vorenus getting cucked.

From pliant virgins to learned Greeks - Rufus has slaves for every budget.

>ywn be a Roman soldier in the XIII Legion fighting for Caesar
>ywn save your friend in a gladiator pit fight
>ywn never be a Consul of Rome

Wasn't that the point? To have the lives of two otherwise insignificant Romans have uninentionally significant repercussions?

>implying the ones where they interconnect both aren't the best

>When your show's cancellation means your plot goes nowhere

Atia of the Julii, I call for justice!

>Consul of Rome

>the Roman Empire will never reform
>ywn march back into Rome alongside fellow legionnaires for the coronation of the new emporer

The Forest Gump aspect of them was part of what made the show work. This episode here is a great example of that. Its been a little while since I last saw the show, but the story line of Vorenus' daughter betraying him was a waste of time when they could've been focusing on the politics of the civil wars.

>the jew
as if

He literally became the philosophical equivalent of a christian.

>but the story line of Vorenus' daughter betraying him was a waste of time when they could've been focusing on the politics of the civil wars.

Weren't they halfway through filming when it was cancelled? I think they were supposed to do something with Timon in Judea in season 3

>ywn hold the laurel wreath

That might be true. I know initially it was supposed to cover Jesus when they were planning the show out.

ROMAN CINEMATIC UNIVERSE (RCU) FUCKING WHEN!?!?

>mfw i realized this guy was in Conspiracy

Who is best girl, Irene or Gaia?

>tfw no Punic wars trilogy

"You are certainly not without accomplishments: it is a rare man who can boast of becoming a bankrupt before even coming of age. You have brought upon us war, pestilence and destruction. You are Rome's Helen of Troy. But then... but then..."

Irene obviously, that mudskin got exactly what she deserved.

I fucking hated that gaia cunt

>THIRTEENTH!!!!!!!

>THIRTEENTH!!!!!

genuinely made me tear up a lil no joke

Eh, the first and second aren't that exciting. The second could be a trilogy on its own.

Yeah, I think seasons 2/3 were supposed to cover Antony vs Brutus/Cassius vs Octavian with seasons 3/4 being the second triumvirate/Augustus as First Citizen

And who was more beta - Brutus or Lepidus?

>first and third

this is one of the few shows where the commentary was actually fascinating to listen to. its amazing how much research and detail went into just small parts like the newsreader and how vastly detailed things were. the main street set was incredible and how they reproduced the roman calendar and showed somebody changing it every few episodes.

Go on... GO ON!

A woman's role has always suited you best

>ywn have a captured gaulfu

Lepidus. He was a useless third wheel who was quickly, and easily pushed out by Anthony, and Augustus.

>you will never impregnate the mother of egypt

Is there a torrent for the commentary track? I have the whole series in potato definition.

It is you who wear the cuckhold's thorns

>You shall leave this city or I will declare our alliance broken. I will have this sad story read in the forum, I will have it posted in every city in Italy, and you know the people are not so liberal with their wives as you. They shall say you wear cuckolds horns; they shall say your wife betrayed you with a low-born plebe on my staff. You will be a figure of fun. The proles will laugh at you in the street. Your soldiers will mock you behind your back

What did he mean by this?

Fuck, this thread is giving me the Rome itch. Do I play Rome Total War 2. or CK2 and try to reforge Rome to its former glory?

>i'm preglant
>YOU'RE WHAT???

SAY THAT TO MY FACE NOT TROUGH A COURIER YOU LITTLE SHIT SEE WHAT HAPPENS

He just went to the forum and called him a cuck

no idea, my copy of the series is like 4 years old.

So octavian was the world first shitposter?

>obsessed with the virtue of his nation's women
>secretly into fetishes
>mother issues
>calls his political opponents cucks
So he was literally Sup Forums: the character

What's dat file called?

And the founder of the golden age Roman Empire, yes.

He always has the rape face on

here's a whole bunch of shiposts from pompeii
pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

>those sex scene with Octavian's mom

they're just bluray rips, i dont even know which group made them. i renamed them all to Rome S##E##.mkv

the thirteenth couldn't hold me back from her

>Lesbianus, you defecate and you write, ‘Hello, everyone!’

Pure shit posting

>I.7.8 (bar; left of the door); 8162: We two dear men, friends forever, were here. If you want to know our names, they are Gaius and Aulus

Anyone who says Gaia is trash.

>A small problem gets larger if you ignore it.

Young Octavian's actor was much better than old Octavian's actor.

>I.4.5 (House of the Citharist; below a drawing of a man with a large nose); 2375: Amplicatus, I know that Icarus is buggering you. Salvius wrote this.

>below a drawing of a man with a large nose

>Defecator, may everything turn out okay so that you can leave this place

>pompeiana.org/Resources/Ancient/Graffiti from Pompeii.htm

>I.2.20 (Bar/Brothel of Innulus and Papilio); 3932: Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!

>My lusty son, with how many women have you had sexual relations?

>Herculaneum (on the exterior wall of a house); 10619: Apollinaris, the doctor of the emperor Titus, defecated well here

ENDORSED

>VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1882: The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
I wonder what ancient Sup Forums would look like

>Blondie has taught me to hate dark-haired girls. I shall hat them, if I can, but I wouldn’t mind loving them. Pompeian Venus Fisica wrote this.

>VII.6.35 (Brothel of Venus; on the Vico dei Soprastanti opposite the Vicolo del Gallo); 1645: May Love burn in some lonely mountains whoever wants to rape my girl friend!

What did he mean by this?

>shitposters literally get stabbed to death
>anons have to out bant the other to survive
We would all lose to Sup Forums and Sup Forums

>implying we're not watching the spectacles

Dr. Apollinaris. I'm SPQR

>(House of Caesius Blandus; in the peristyle of the House of Mars and Venus on the Street of the Augustales); 1714: It took 640 paces to walk back and forth between here and there ten times

[autism intensifies]

>(gladiator barracks); 8792: On April 19th, I made bread

Now THIS is pottery!

VIII.2 (in the basilica); 1837: If you are able, but not willing, why do you put off our joy and kindle hope and tell me always to come back tomorrow. So, force me to die since you force me to live without you. Your gift will be to stop torturing me. Certainly, hope returns to the lover what it has once snatched away.

>VII.12.18-20 (the Lupinare); 2175: I screwed a lot of girls here.

>VII.12.18-20 (the Lupinare); 2185: On June 15th, Hermeros screwed here with Phileterus and Caphisus.

>VII.12.18-20 (the Lupinare); 2192: Sollemnes, you screw well!

One hot spot

Well, it was the whorehouse, some fucking had to be expected

>IX.5.18 (House of Hercules and Nessus; beside the door of house); 5112: Learn this: while I am alive, you, hateful death, are coming.
What the fuck did you just say about me, you little bitch?

I didn't care for this part, it's just a mindless action sequence, I don't get what's all the fuss about it.
My botfriend loves it, though.

:^)imagrillbythewayxdxdxdxddobthitonmesillygoyim

>What most of the people on the set thought the moment they heard that Rome was cancelled.

I shed a tear when Vorenus' daughter forgave him.

t.

reminder that

empire > republic

By the Gods, ye pleb