What's the best way to cook steak, Sup Forums?

What's the best way to cook steak, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

eater.com/2017/2/28/14753248/trump-steak-well-done-ketchup-personality
youtube.com/watch?v=glsgNnzNUd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anything other than rare makes you a loser faggot.

done well with ketchup

medium rare-medium

Those cooking times are misleading. The actual time you'll need to cook a steak will vary depending on many factors including the temperature setting, the surface you're cooking on, presence of oil, temperature and water content of the steak, cut, thickness, and fat content of the steak, even the height of the walls of your pan and the ambient temperature of your kitchen.

Donald Trump loves his steak well done with ketchup

eater.com/2017/2/28/14753248/trump-steak-well-done-ketchup-personality

Medium is best, high heat medium aswell so you get a little char round the edges but still pink and juicy in the middle

I'm not a savage so I like mines cooked

>2017
>Still cooking meat like a savage.

Sous Vide master race checking in...
Set the temperature on the cooker. Walk away.
Go to the movies.
Take a nap.
Fuck.
Go shopping.

Come home to perfectly cooked meat. Every time.

And the best part is the cleanup. Because there isn't any. No grill to clean.
Just dump out a tub of hot water. Done.

>not searing his meat after sous vide
You should probably stop giving people cooking advice

It's mostly just preference, however if you get it cooked anything above medium you're an idiot.

just boil it for 6 hours on low flame, add some salt.of course you gotta throw some lardy bacon, fry it until crispy, add some fat and onions, throw meat and fry until brown, sprinkle some paprika and spices, add red wine and cook to make wine reduction then pour water and boil 6 hours and you got a stew goin'
all civilised people are looking at you amorites and your barbaric ways, do you not know fire?

A well cooked steak is a misteak

And rare makes you die. What great options.

you're a dumbfuck. I've been eating raw burger my entire life and have never gotten sick. I'm old as fuck all.

whatever way that allows you to enjoy it the most.

Wow. Didn't think I had to get that detailed...

Cookie sheet with a piece of aluminum foil.
Turn broiler on. Wait for oven to reach temp.
Meat goes under broiler until it starts to sizzle. Less than 5 minutes.

Or.

Hot frying pan. 1 minute each side.
(But there's cleanup involved)

Or.

You can throw it on a grill (for 1 minute each side) but that involves prep.

And how does a rare steak kill you?

Medium steak is best steak. Cooked enough so you chances of food poisoning is low, but still has that pink juicy center meaning that it doesn't have the consistency of leather.

Well done plus ketchup

Here you go.

Salt and pepper before cooking.

Blue is the best way OP, look it up.

Rare. Hopefully still alive

You can eat steak completely raw you dufus.
There's diets that consist almost entirely of raw red meat.

redditor faggot detected. You probably throw herbs in the plastic bag too

And you can always marinade it over night. Marinaded medium grilled flank steak is tasty as all hell

This

Also, you never cook a piece of meat the same time on both sides. While the first side is being cooked, it's already being warmed up

Not OP here but thanks

i don't understand, doesn't well done means that steak is cooked well?...so why everybody hates it?

Because it turns the steak into a piece of shoe leather, destroying the texture and flavor of the meat. IMHO the only time you should cook anything well done is wild game because of parasites.

And ketchup is just a slap in the face, rendering the steak no better than a chunk of ground beef. At least spend some money and get A1 or Heinz 57

Welcome.

Also,

Iron skillet Sear + + grill/oven = pro

If you really want to get wild, toss some butter in the skillet and throw into the oven/grill

i only eat meat that is alive or just died
(must be naturally warm)

youtube.com/watch?v=glsgNnzNUd8

medium for beef
well for pork

whats it like to have a pussy?

Well done

>if you like anything less just go ahead and bite the cow

I like it paired with potatoes and corn. Yum!

So many savages!

You also can't get a steak hot enough in a frying ban or skillet to cook it well.
You need an oudoor grill and you need that thing pumping hot when you throw the steak on.

For a great steak:
1. Should be at room temperature before cooking
2. Oil the steak with an oil like macadamia, olive oil has a low smoke temp and goes rancid at high temps.
3. Heavily salt the steak prior to oiling.
4. Only flip that steal once
5. When you flip place a nob of butter on top.

New York Strip or Rib Eye are the best steaks for grilling.

Medium rare FTW.
If it is a shitty steak you may need to cook it longer, you need the fat to break down or it's chewy.

>Ctrl + f 'charcoal'

>0 results

Savages

You ONLY cook a decent piece of meat over charcoal or wood

Hot coals from the fire is the best way.

Clean burning propane.

Pic related

I enjoy eating my steak in settings like this.

15min/side and a gallon of ketchup

Fucking lost when he cried

also
someone messed with the inforgraph. medium is ~5 min/side depending on what said

Doesn't matter, no amount of cooking kills prions. Enjoy your dementia.

I always cook with my steak wrapped in foil rubbing seasoning into the raw meat, it steam cooks in its own juices keeping it moist and tender so you eat it easier. I've had steaks so tough you spend so much time sawing it with your knife and chewing it that its gotten cold halfway through.

So that everyone can see you're eating a steak

Like he said. Loser faggot.

Medium.

Exactly. Glad someone gets it.

If you eat your steak any more done than medium rare, you might as well suck a cock and fuck a midget.

I even eat my chicken medium rare.

In 2015, researchers at The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston found that plants can be a vector for prions.

Raw.
With raw/warmed egg yolk.
Room temp, NOT fridge temp.
Tartare.

My boy

/thread

blue rare

I like my steak cooked so that a good veterinarian could get it back to life.

Tartare

Burnt.

like this

as other have said, Blue Rare is the best

I just say blue when ordering steak, anything more than that and you're a faggot.

My dog thinks that he belongs to me.

My cat thinks that he belongs to me.

Just put ketchup on your shoe then. Fag.

You like your steak done just like your balls.

Rare with some steak butter on top. Delicious.

Medium rare FTW

why is barbecue sauce so good?

i dont think ive ever had blue rare, but i generally prefer medium rare to rare

its got all the stuff people like, garlic, salt, sugar, vinegar

I go medium rare unless I am ordering from a place where I know they tend to undercook. Then I order medium because that nets me medium medium rare

Your picture is ridiculously inaccurate. 5 minutes on each side in a frying pan would still leave it rare. The best way to cook a steak without a grill is to do it 2 minutes on each side on extremely high heat in a frying pan and then 5-10 minutes in a 500 degree oven. 5 minutes will be rare, 10 minutes will be medium well.

without cooking

Well done, fight me

It depends on your cook. Sometimes medium rare is too raw. Sometimes medium is too dry.

ok

Chefs in restaurants are jaded by ass hats that like to eat leather. Well done in a restaurant is not actually well done, it's like 10 minutes past well done. Medium in a restaurant is usually what actual well done should be. It's about temperature not looks.

Propane is for noobs who can't judge a fire

also known as Trump style

I'll have my steak well done. No pink!

Best stake I've ever had. Blue cheese I spread over the top.

How would you like your steak done?
A la Trump.

high quality meat: rare

any other quality: medium rare

Did you grate it on there?

this picture is shit

meats not even rested

to all hate I will get for this:
>Fuck you hipster scum, enjoy your smelly blood just to show your oh-so-refined premium taste

Here you go OP. Pre heat your oven to 425. On the stove start a pan heating to med high and melt 2 tablespoons of butter. When the butter is melted put the steak in spooning the butter over the top as it sears. Cook 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to oven. Cook in oven for 4 minutes for perfect medium rare. Let rest on cutting board for several minutes before serving. Serve with a decent red like a Shiraz.

You are a sick piece of fucking shit and should be arrested and raped in jail by Tyrone

No it was a soft Stilton.

I cook my steak with matches. The chemical in the match makes for an interesting tasting meat.

Drinking Moscow mules?

>Bone in Ribeye

This guy knows what's good