Why does a musical genius such as Brian Eno work with a garbage band like U2?? Coldplay was a bit iffy...

Why does a musical genius such as Brian Eno work with a garbage band like U2?? Coldplay was a bit iffy, but this is just intolerable.

I liked miss sarajevo...

Because he's a money grubbing whore?

He featured them on one song for the fucking Ghost in the Shell soundtrack 20 years ago and that's it. He really has no involvement with Bono and the rest of those fags whatsoever.

this. The only reason he worked with U2 was because they're riduculously popular top 40 shite and he could make a quick buck.

Coldplay was a similar thing but I think he saw some artistic integrity in them (hence VLV).

But yeah, it's a shame he went from producing Bowie and post-punk acts to fucking U2. Tarnishing his own legacy.

I guess he likes making money

>The music business is tough so he works with some semi-respectable contemporaries to continue paying the several mortgages he must have, the employees he must also have hired, and the donations to friends and family that come with the territory of being successful***

I guess working with U2 one time means everything he did was awful

>maybe he likes U2 and we're the idiots

>U2
>semi-respectable contemporaries
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

they're utter trash for the lowest common denominator

you'd never find their records on a year end list, it's just mindless garbage for mass consumption

Lots of people like U2. Not me, but they sell out stadiums. You wouldn't be considered weird for liking U2. Your laughter is overcompensating.

Kendrick Lemar did a song with Taylor Swift. To Pimp a Butterfly was still great. When you're on that kind of level, you meet people and you gain different perspectives. It's part of the biznizz.

>Lots of people like U2.
I've never met a U2 fan in my life.
>You wouldn't be considered weird for liking U2.
U2 are one of the most derided bands in existence by plebs and patricians alike.

>I've never met a U2 fan in my life.

Confirmation bias. A logical fallacy.

>I've never met a U2 fan in my life.

I agree.

Misquoted you on the second one.

>U2 are one of the most derided bands in existence by plebs and patricians alike.

I agree with you.

Exactly, so it would be weird. People fucking hate them. Critics fucking hate them. They suck dude.

Also, how are they so popular and yet I genuinely don't know any of their songs besides that Ipod commercial one? Like what the fuck. It's some kind of conspiracy.

>Exactly, so it would be weird. People fucking hate them. Critics fucking hate them. They suck dude.

Yeah I know, but they are successful and music is a business.

>Also, how are they so popular and yet I genuinely don't know any of their songs besides that Ipod commercial one? Like what the fuck. It's some kind of conspiracy.

Confirmation bias again. The world isn't just a pastiche of your own personal experiences.

Whatever dude

You'll grow up some day. I'm probably too old to be here anyway.

>They suck dude
>I genuinely don't know any of their songs

This is why people laugh at Sup Forums

I've heard Vertigo and that Elevation one from the tomb raider movie. That's enough for me to make up my mind.

You haven't heard "Bullet the Blue Sky"

Who's the pleb now?

You for actively listening to and liking U2

No I don't like them. I dunno how many times I have to say that. You're not too bright.

Jesus christ Sup Forums really is filled with ignorant children

Not him, but this has been getting way more common, especially for people who are adamant on defending a band they don't like.

You haven't heard any of their songs and yet you know they're garbage?

I feel like that every day and yet here I am.

Dealing with morons with zero knowledge of music don't half get tiring though.