Tonight's the night

Final predictions?

Also, RIP Gutknecht

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lttxBSRUw58
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm predicting a repeat of Crawford vs. Postol

Slick bruva beats robotic Yuro every time

I'm saying Ward by clear decision, but with maybe one or two Mayweather/Mosley type scares. Every time I've expected someone to give Ward a real fight he's shut them down. I want a Kovalev KO though.

Literally the only reason I'm not counting out Kovalev is because of Leicester, Brexit, the Cubs and Trump. It would be another huge upset if Krusher won this imo, even though he is a good fighter

The Chilemba fight really ended any intrigue I had about this one

Lomachenko-Walters will be more aesthetically pleasing and Walters has a better chance at pulling off the upset

Do you think Ward can stop him or will he settle for a Froch-type spoilfest?

Ward by decision, White Americans are clueless

I will be surprised if he actually hurts Kovalev but not at all surprised if he scores one or two flash knock-downs with his short counter left-hook. Kovalev overextends too much and leaves his chin way out in the open

I got money riding on Kovalev so he better win tonight.

I'm a HUGE Andre Ward fan but I really think that long lay off hurt him. Ever since he's been back he hasn't looked at all the same, and I think he actually looked pretty bad in his last fight. I get the feeling Sergey is going to win but I'll be rooting for Ward.

I got it going the distance. Can't pick a clear winner though. However the result, it'll be one of those fights that will warrant a rematch.

>The Chilemba fight really ended any intrigue I had about this one

it was a tune-up fight against a very good opponent

what about Ward sleepwalking to UDs against 3 bums in 3 years?

kovalev all day, by stoppage

If Ward gets a UD then he should fight Adonis Stevenson, let Kovalev fight Nathan Cleverly. There is a little question mark what happens when Kovalev starts putting the pressure on which he will do but I can't look past Ward, that's what my gut feeling is.

Kovalev already beat Cleverley so badly the ref carried him to his corner

Cleverly has a title now and wants a rematch. The winner of this needs to fight Adonis Stevenson as that's another mega fight.

The difference between their so-so tune-up fights is that Chilemba actively negated parts of Kovalev's game. It wasn't a case where Kov could have fought better on another day, it was a case of Chilemba's attributes cancelling out certain of Kovalev's attributes. Ward can accomplish everything Chilemba did (take away the jab, prevent him from setting his feet, make him overextend, catch him with counters, etc.) and much, much more

Gvozdyk will probably outbox Chilemba more comprehensively than Kovalev did

Win or lose, I need to see Kovalev-Stevenson next year. It's such a beautifully violent clash of styles and they truly hate each other to boot

Ward vs. Shabranskyy would be a good first defence of his titles. I suspect Slava will beat Barrera better than Ward did

FYI - the best fight of the night will probably be Marco Huck vs. Dmytro Kucher in Hannover which should be on around 10pm UK time

I fear the HBO card won't be very casual friendly

Not many non-casuals will watch Kovalev Ward tbf, they have barely any name recognition between them.

What time will the fight start here? I notice the Sky broadcast is 4am but I'm going to wake up for it so would rather leave that as late as possible.

There is a rematch clause if Sergey Kovalev loses. Cleverly will have to wait.

I believe that's when it starts, 2am is when the undercard starts I think

Chers senpai

>Couldn't stop Chilemba or Hopkins
>Will stop Ward

IMAGINE

>Chilemba
Almost KO him in the 8th round.
>Hopkins
Has concrete jaw.
>Will stop Ward
Yes. Quite easily.

>Almost KO'd somebody worse than Ward
>Didn't KO somebody who was as good as ward is 15 years ago
>Will stop Ward

Agent orange is still a problem over there huh

I favor Ward, just because Kovalev is definitely susceptible to counters re: Kovalev- Pascal 1.

Pretty close fight though, especially because we don't know how good Andre Ward is since his lay off.

I got Ward with a close UD.

also, what happened to Gutknecht?

I've seen a surprisingly amount of hype for it here in England. Sky Sports have been promoting it quite heavily and I think most people understand that it's a big fight. I hope it's not really messy and boring

>also, what happened to Gutknecht?

Groves gave him a beat down and he was hospitalised. Last I heard he was operated on and was being sedated. I think it was the same channel and venue as when Nick Blackwell got put in a coma. It's been a great year for British boxing but there have also been a few incidents like this

> he hopes a Ward fight isn't messy and boring

I'm getting up at 4am for it but I'm expecting a snoozefest. I really hope Kovalev can do something to make it interesting.

Ward UD, 9-3, trust me

How many hours until the fight starts?

~13 hours

Thanks, bro.

Crawford ran the whole time

13 hours is probably complete bullshit but no problem my friend

Kovalev will kick his ass. Will here to mine delicious wigger tears after the fight.

Kovalev KO in 9, retarded casual central in here thinking Ward from 5 years ago shows up

Friendly reminder that EXACTLY 11 years ago (Nov 19 2005) ward was dropped by Boone for his only professional knockdown

An impressive foreshadowing of heem sleepy tonight

really makes you think

This fight will be the same. Like Postol, Kovalev fights in straight lines and will be completely neutralised by lateral movement

Too slick, too black

Boone also dropped Kovalev and stopped Stevenson

Seems like a guy who could've accomplished a lot more than he did

if cleverley wants a rematch with Kov he should make sure his last rites are in order because he'll be killed in the ring

gonna put £100 on this. easy money.

anybody bet?

For the sake of boxing Kovalev should win

Where/how do you bet boxing in Canada?

Fuck you niggers, this fight is going to end in a draw.

Has there been any UFC fighters who have end up in a coma?

>MFW people still believe in Boxing
This shit is as scripted and pre-determined as mandrama. If you want to watch actual fights, there is some UFC going on tonight.

>too black

Blacks aren't really that good at boxing anymore desu besides ward and Crawford

What anime is that from?

Those are some ugly ass shoes!

Is this ppv? What time does it start est?

They're unironically not good enough to put someone in coma. Let alone punch murder a bitch like Kovalev

Bodog

Every division above super flyweight has at least one black title holder (below that they're all nips)

Doesn't really mean they're good if they fight taxi drivers like AJ and Wilder have

You could say the same about white fighters like Golovkin and Klitschko

Sure for GGG but all the relevant middle-weights like Canelo and BJS are ducking GGG

Klitschko? Nah Chris Byrd, Povetkin, Lamon Brewster, Chagaev etc were all good boxers

No you can't

GGG lacks a big name fight but has plenty of decent fighers on his resume while Wlad had beaten every heavyweight contender for the last 10 years

Black fighters are no worse than white fighters in that regard though

In fact if you compare the records of the best black fighters and the best white fighters right now, the black fighters have been matched tougher

Crawford: Postol, Gamboa
Ward: Froch, Kessler
Rigondeaux: Donaire, Agbeko

Golovkin: Murray, Lemieux
Kovalev: Hopkins, Pascal
Lomachenko: Russell Jr, Martinez

Pinnacle accepts Canadians

Making a black/white comparison is dumb as you ignore factors like age, marketability, promotional backing, regional/national scenes but hey we're on Sup Forums

Gamboa is basically a fw. And Rigo is not black, he's Latino. Not to mention Donaire was way past it when they fought, and is a natural bantam himself.

Who gives a fuck, there are good black fighters like AJ, Crawford, Ward, Stevenson and good white fighters Fury, Golovkin, Frampton, Lomachenko. Worrying about skin pigmentation is fucking retarded, boxing doesn't come down to fast twitch muscle fibres where there might be a racial edge. It's impossible to compare exactly like for like.

>4am

kill me now

Marco Huck on boxnation before that at least

THE Marco Huck!?
literally shaking in excitement.

Decent fight mate, Huck and Kucher are fairly evenly matched despite the odds. Huck has been KO'd twice by Glowacki which was on PBC and by Steve Cunningham. Kucher has one defeat by decision to Ilunga Makabu who Tony Bellew beat.

can we please stop saying golovkin is white his mum is korean.

Ward has a white dad, are we calling Ward white now?

did you even read my post you fucking cock-gobbler?

>I think most people understand that it's a big fight. I hope it's not really messy and boring

Maybe if it was on at a reasonable time the casuals would watch, but not at 4am I don't think, that's some dedication for some guys you only first heard about a week ago.

according to Sup Forums nazis there are no white people on this planet

people whose parents are both white are white and people whose parents aren't both white aren't white.

Yeah I did, Golovkin is white in the same way Ward is black i.e it doesn't fucking matter you spastic

dude I'm from afghanistan and my parents are white, but you'll probably say that I'm a nigger/sandnigger/terrorist

Are you signed with Sauerland?

Blacks by genetic law cannot claim him then

D E V I L I S H

Just put my live savings and young daughters college fund on the white guy. How fucked is my daughter in 16 years?

>Rigo is not black

Why are Americans full retard when it comes to race?

don't know, how big is your cock

I'm guessing it's being replayed at a reasonable time tomorrow for the casuals

>on the white guy

which one?

you're on Sup Forums dude, 25 of those 30 posters in this thread are racists, what the fuck do you expect

>"Super" Middleweight division

tbf Ward isn't like he was back in the super six tournament, even roach has mentioned how ward has "degraded" with his boxing skills which is natural unless you have super ageing genetics like Hopkins or Archie Moore. He hasn't fought for some time and his last fights after chad dawson were against nobodies. I think this is a close fight

He's a Cuban Latino that speaks Spanish lol, dummy

not racist at all amigo, I'm from the caribbean

Of course it's a close fight, that reflected in the odds. 1.80 = 55% implied chance. Kovalev will stay on him and try to cut off the ring, he will pressure, can move pretty good and can punch hard. Ward though has shown he's good at neutralising big opponents and is pretty strong himself.

The only relevant (that actually represented the RoI) Irish world champion was a super middleweight

wat
black skin = black
white skin = white

birthplace or language don't have anything to do with it

Conor McGregor

No matter who's gonna win, Beterbiev will fuck him.

Ward will do what he needs to do & cuts will ensue on Kovalev. Make no mistake, Kovalev will rock Ward, but not enough to win the decision.

meme sports don't count

I noticed people mention size comparisons but Ward is the same height and is a natural LHW with him winning his Olympic medal at LHW

Yeah their builds are pretty close

youtube.com/watch?v=lttxBSRUw58

His right hand seems to be shot as well. His left alone may not be enough to keep Kovalev off him